Metroplex
Sponsored by

97.1 The Freak

90,070 Views | 570 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by chick79
BoomGoesThe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I turned it on for the couple of minutes I was in my truck and got to hear Mike do his horrible, yet still cracks me up, Herschel Walker impression.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Any guesses on the number of segment Rhynes will do on the Edmund Fitzgerald today?
J.P. 03
AG
Is Mike just out today, or is this implying what I think it's implying?

shoes
AG
I believe his daughter is getting married this weekend, nothing more than that as far as I know.
walton91
Yup, looks like daughters wedding
The Shank Ag
Can confirm. Headed to Cibolo Creek near the border for his daughter's wedding this weekend.
BoDog
AG
Nothing and I mean nothing good comes out of Cibolo.
J.P. 03
AG
Thanks for clarifying, fellas. Why in the world did he need to be so dramatic about it when a simple "sorry to miss y'all today. Heading to daughter's wedding" tweet would have sufficed?
Yesterday
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Thanks for clarifying, fellas. Why in the world did he need to be so dramatic about it when a simple "sorry to miss y'all today. Heading to daughter's wedding" tweet would have sufficed?

He's in show business. That's what they do.
hoosier-daddy
I've given it a handful of tries and so far unlistenable

bthotugigem05
AG
Lots of people saying Dingu
380Ag
AG
Hopefully not. As much as I enjoy rhynes, this station is hard to listen to. Ben and skin suck and even judo can't make the morning show worth listening to. If they bring over big dumb Danny, that's the nail in the coffin...
BoDog
AG
380Ag said:

Hopefully not. As much as I enjoy rhynes, this station is hard to listen to. Ben and skin suck and even judo can't make the morning show worth listening to. If they bring over big dumb Danny, that's the nail in the coffin...
Strange feeling it is going to be Danny and if so God help us. Only thing worse would be Grego and I am not even sure he is still alive.
double aught
AG
Dave Lane on the Hardline is nothing special. But he's still been an upgrade over Danny. Haven't missed him much, if at all. So I don't think he'd bring much of anything to 97.1.
The Shank Ag
Given the time of Danny's departure, and the non compete clause, would make sense...

But I have a feeling it's not Danny.
Hincemm
AG
double aught said:

Dave Lane on the Hardline is nothing special. But he's still been an upgrade over Danny. Haven't missed him much, if at all. So I don't think he'd bring much of anything to 97.1.
as bad as it sounds, i think dave is worse than danny.
Hincemm
AG
sounds like the new contributor to the 5-7 show will be a female voice. really can't think of who...emily jones?
Hincemm
AG
Possibly a great troll so far. Playing Daniel by Elton John into segment
Hincemm
AG
Welp. F me. Danny to the freak. Meh
MaroonDontRun
AG
Hincemm said:

Welp. F me. Danny to the freak. Meh
This is a letdown.

I hope he improves from where he was at the little ticket.
walton91
I didn't hear it, any details on his role? Joining the Downbeat, I assume?
True Anomaly
AG
My favorite version of the Hardline was Mike, Corby, Danny and Grubes

So if you take three of those, substitute Corby for Sirois, and talk less sports?? Sign me all the way up

I can't be the only one who feels that way
powerbelly
AG
True Anomaly said:

So if you take three of those, substitute Corby for Sirois, and talk less sports?? Sign me all the way up

The best hardline was Mike, Greggo, and Corby as the yuck monkey. I have never met someone who preferred the newer version.
aggielostinETX
AG
powerbelly said:

True Anomaly said:

The best hardline was Mike, Greggo, and Corby as the yuck monkey. I have never met someone who preferred the newer version.

Minus Corby, this has great potential. I bet it's grinding his gears that Danny went over there
AW 1880
AG
If Danny takes a backseat and does what he did back in the early 00's, it could be good. I doubt that happens though.
Bones08
AG
I'm a bigger fan of Danny than most here I think so this moves the needle for me.

But flipping over and listening I'm hearing the same spiel that they can "say what they want" and that this is "the best group of radio personalities they've ever worked with".

I get that they have the sell and there are probably a lot of people like me flipping over to hear from Danny. But I really really hope they move on from repeating the same sales speech. Less talking about how great it is and more showing how great it is.

I'm still intrigued nonetheless.
AW 1880
AG
I was thinking that on the drive home. I'm tired of hearing about the show. I want to be entertained!
AgLaw
AG
So. as it turns out, it wasn't that Mike and Danny didn't want to work. They just didn't want to work with Corby.
hoosier-daddy
AgLaw said:

So. as it turns out, it wasn't that Mike and Danny didn't want to work. They just didn't want to work with for pennies and for cumulus.

aggielostinETX
AG
AgLaw said:

So. as it turns out, it wasn't that Mike and Danny didn't want to work. They just didn't want to work with Corby.

I believe i basically said that earlier but this is much more succinct.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Poor Sirois. He's just constantly paired with the worst possible radio partners who bring a bag of nothing. Maybe he and cash can start a podcast or something. I'd pay for that. No way I'm listening to rhyner and Danny drag him down.
ftworthag02
AG
I'm still not interested. Listened the first day and then checked out
BoDog
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

AgLaw said:

So. as it turns out, it wasn't that Mike and Danny didn't want to work. They just didn't want to work with for pennies and for cumulus.

I lean to this as well, but didn't Ryner have enough pull with Cumulus to push Corby out?
bthotugigem05
AG
I think people underestimate the threat that The Freak is to The Ticket. iHeart is in a way better financial position than Cumulus, broadcasting the Mavs games will give them much more traffic than the Stars does for The Ticket, and The Freak doesn't have 8 hosts that have been there for 20 years (with commensurately enormous salaries).
Law Hall 69-72
AG
I've read posts that said Cat and Corby are buddies and there was no way Corby would have been moved to a midday slot. That's too bad because I think moving BaD Radio to afternoon drive would have been a better move than the current Hardline.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.