Metroplex
Sponsored by

97.1 The Freak

89,846 Views | 570 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by chick79
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
walton91 said:

New bit...

If I had to guess on eagerness to get out of there quick and not play game-shows all day, the exiting order will look something like

Cavanaugh
Sirois
Danny
Ben
Grubes
Julie
Krystina
Cather
Skin- Hates gameshows and will just mess with KT the whole time
Rhyner- will get confused on rules every game

And of course KT will have to be there all day, but he loves this stuff.
jphil1
AG
FTAco07 said:

AgGrad99 said:

Do they have a app, for those outside the metroplex?
Didn't I Heart Radio basically invent the streaming radio app concept? I'm pretty sure they have an app that streams most/all of their stations.
Just go to www.TheTicket.com. They have a live stream click. I use it everyday down here in BCS to listen to The Hardline.
AG'73
Hincemm
AG
How was the freak today? I was traveling f.
752bro4
AG
Hincemm said:

How was the freak today? I was traveling f.

If a tree falls in a forest…
MaroonDontRun
AG
It was pretty fun listen. Basically all of the hosts were totally beat down by 1 pm.

I didn't listen to the last two hours so I'm not sure who lost but I think it was down to Ben and someone else by 5 pm.
SbisaVictim95
AG
Cavanaugh beat Ben in the last game. Ben did the last hour but a lot of that was killed off by Danny calling in and just reading topics from the topic bucket.

Follow the show's podcast feeds. They podcast every segment and put it up pretty soon after the show ends.
Mr. White
ftworthag02
AG
https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb024
FTAco07
AG
A 1.5 sure seems like failure is inevitable. Not a good look to be ranked 26th and just barely ahead of the public broadcasting channel when your competitor is far and away ranked 1st.
chick79
AG
I've given The Freak a lot of chances but I just think it really sucks. No substance. Just a money grab by Rhyner and company. It will be gone within six months.
EllisCoAg
AG
I didn't know there were so many different lists to talk about
BosAG06
AG
chick79 said:

I've given The Freak a lot of chances but I just think it really sucks. No substance. Just a money grab by Rhyner and company. It will be gone within six months.

I've just flipped my dial to 97.1 FM2 and it's the old Eagle music station. Been enjoying that back.
johnnyblaze36
AG
chick79 said:

Sorry you feel that way but I couldn't disagree more. Rhyner doesn't need the money and was paid extremely handsomely at the Ticket. And who is this "and company" you refer to?

Also bolded part bookmarked.
johnnyblaze36
AG
EllisCoAg said:

I didn't know there were so many different lists to talk about
"We all love lists".
Ol Jock 99
AG
FTAco07 said:

A 1.5 sure seems like failure is inevitable. Not a good look to be ranked 26th and just barely ahead of the public broadcasting channel when your competitor is far and away ranked 1st.

Hell, you can argue their competitor is The Fan, which is still 50% of the Mothership.
Ol Sarge Friday
Anybody still hanging with The Freak? Norm had been taking a lot of shots at low ratings competitors lately and wondered if this was the target.
hoosier-daddy
I'll tune in on occasion to see what Sorois and Grubes are up to. Otherwise nope.
The Shank Ag
Ol Sarge Friday said:

Anybody still hanging with The Freak? Norm had been taking a lot of shots at low ratings competitors lately and wondered if this was the target.
Still am whenever in my car.

I've turned on the ticket once in 2023, somewhat recently. My special needs child has to have a very particular non-dairy milk in the morning and night, and we noticed he wasn't going to have enough for the next morning one night recently. So I turned on the Stars game on the ticket while headed to get the "Milk" from the only grocery store in town that carries it.

Went from typically listening to The Musers and The Hardline to listening to The Speakeasy and The Downbeat and haven't looked back.

Rhynes, Mikey, Danny, and Grubes is infinitely better than Corby, Bob, and Davy. I mean, if I want a breakdown of NFL defenses or A&M's offense from Bob, I'll just check his twitter. If I want to hear about how awesome OU is, no wait TCU, no wait OU, then there's 20 years of recordings of Corby.

Rhynes is definitely more involved than he was towards the end of his ticket days (Mike doesn't talk sports after 6:30 song comes to mind). Sirois is hilarious, Grubes is back into his old form with plenty of new drops to play, and Danny, when not driving the segment alone, adds a lot.
Ag CPA
AG
Preserving this thread so that we can use it after the HZ and Musers come on board in six months.
Hincemm
AG
I think that the freak might be talking about the hang zone after this coming break
hoosier-daddy
Anything of interest?
Hincemm
AG
No. They teased 'big news in Dallas' but never paid it off. They are 0/2 the past couple
Of days
chick79
AG
I've given it several tries but The Freak is just bad radio ( apologies to the old Bob and Dan show). I give it six more months and I think it will be off the air.
SbisaVictim95
AG
I mean that's one opinion

Personally I've gone from an all-day everyday listener of the little Ticket to flipping over to the Freak after the 8:40 bit. It's the Ticket without all the spooooorts and I tend to enjoy their personalities more than anyone left at the old place (except for Gordo).

It'll be nice not having to listen to Cowboy press-conferences the next 2 weeks, player interviews with spares, and "ranch reports" telling us how great everyone looks.
jwag
AG
This.
The Shank Ag
SbisaVictim95 said:

I mean that's one opinion

Personally I've gone from an all-day everyday listener of the little Ticket to flipping over to the Freak after the 8:40 bit. It's the Ticket without all the spooooorts and I tend to enjoy their personalities more than anyone left at the old place (except for Gordo).

It'll be nice not having to listen to Cowboy press-conferences the next 2 weeks, player interviews with spares, and "ranch reports" telling us how great everyone looks.

Some of the lesser know hosts at The Freak have grown on a lot of people. Most already knew Rhyner, Sirois, Danny, Grubes, Ben, Skin, and Julie, but Kevin Turner and Jeff Cavanaugh add some good stuff. Kevin for his bits and random pop knowledge, and Cavanaugh for his Cowboys connections and overall good guy vibes
Ol Jock 99
AG
From a HS buddy…

powerbelly
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

From a HS buddy…

Wow
SbisaVictim95
AG
tell your front-running kid to pick a different team *wink emoji*
The Shank Ag
Ol Jock 99 said:

From a HS buddy…

I've won Mavericks tickets from them twice. Unfortunately it's not the station that pays for it, it's a sponsor. When I went, we were in the upper deck both times, once two rows from the top, and once 2nd row of the upper deck, both times behind the basket. Wasn't mad, it was free tickets and I got to see Luka put up 60/21/10 the first time and 50+ the 2nd time.

It looks like the sponsor told the station to give away tickets they hadn't purchased yet, tried to buy them, and found out "Uh Oh, sold out".

Coates
The Shank Ag said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

From a HS buddy…

I've won Mavericks tickets from them twice. Unfortunately it's not the station that pays for it, it's a sponsor. When I went, we were in the upper deck both times, once two rows from the top, and once 2nd row of the upper deck, both times behind the basket. Wasn't mad, it was free tickets and I got to see Luka put up 60/21/10 the first time and 50+ the 2nd time.

It looks like the sponsor told the station to give away tickets they hadn't purchased yet, tried to buy them, and found out "Uh Oh, sold out".

Sounds like they're being extremely cheap. Tickets can be had for a price on the secondary market, if you're too stupid to offer free tickets without buying them you should have to pay the going rate.
hoosier-daddy
Just caught the tail end but tuned in to hear something about a Freak reorg. Julie and Kavanough w Rhiner I believe. Not sure what else. Ben & Skin not fired.
MW13
AG
Sirois, Danny and KT to the morning show. Midday the same. Rhyner, Julie and Cavanaugh to the drive time. Interesting.
hoosier-daddy
Thanks. So they broke up the only show worth listening to by moving Sorois.
MW13
AG
Also said there were some other additions coming soon they were very excited about but couldn't talk about it yet.

Seems like it would be very easy to slide hang zone into that drive time slot when the time comes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.