**** Hogwarts Legacy ****

27,670 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Brock Sampson
DallasTeleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am one of those nerds who RPs when I play games. My character is going the auror assaulter route who dabbles with some dark magic to combat the worst dark wizards. I'm not doing any points in stealth or room of requirement. I didn't know the level max until just now, so i'll see how my talents can be divvied out, based on where I am now.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Anyone else on PC having an issue with the latest Nvidia GPU update? Had 30 hours of fantastic gameplay until I installed the update yesterday. Game now runs terrible even after I went back to the previous driver version.
chase128
AG
I must have totally missed a pop up somewhere saying it was available hahaha. Stealth in this game seems very strong.

I'm not sure of what build I want yet exactly. The Dark Arts talent tree and the Unforgivable Curses all look to be very fun and powerful though. I'm glad they're available in this game.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I am one of those nerds who RPs when I play games. My character is going the auror assaulter route who dabbles with some dark magic to combat the worst dark wizards. I'm not doing any points in stealth or room of requirement. I didn't know the level max until just now, so i'll see how my talents can be divvied out, based on where I am now.

I hope that's not a spoiler is it? You can't reset your skills either, so make sure you are happy with what you are picking.

Just got the swift dash, and it's badass.
Zombie
So question, is the storyline different if you choose your answers differently? I've been pretty much playing as if it was really me as the character, name and likeness (which is really eerie how much I made my character look exactly like my 15 yr old self). I'm a good Slytherin but have thought of playing through a second time as an evil Gryffindor.
DallasTeleAg
Nah... i was going to look it up but hadn't, yet.

Also, this is such an RPG-lite game, that the build really isn't going to affect your gameplay too badly. I do wish the entire gear mechanic was a little more in depth, or had more bonuses.

I am also skipping all the "perfect protego" bonuses. With how chaotic big fights get, that is nearly impossible to land with any consistency.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Just FYI in case anyone runs into a similar issue. I went back and turned all the ray tracing off with this latest driver update and the game is back to running smoothly. Probably gonna take a couple patches to really iron things out on PC.
chase128
AG
I'm hoping a respec system is added. Even if it's a late game option, it is an odd design decision imo to not have one
BenFiasco14
AG
I've encountered a bug. In the quest "Flight Test" I'm told to talk to Imalda Reyes on the quidditch pitch. I started the quest and wrecked immediately so I thought I could easily restart it by "abandoning" the quest.

My mistake. I was warped back to the start and now I can no longer talk to Reyes and still have the quest in my journal. I've moved on since hoping it would pop back up but I'm level 25 and pretty deep into the story now so seems like I've forever locked the broom upgrades behind this bug.

I also love to collect everything in this game so this will prevent me from completing every side quest. I'm in too deep now to restart completely but this is a bummer. I reported the bug to WB but I doubt anything comes of it.

ETA: on Xbox. Already uninstalled and reinstalled the game to try and fix it. Also rebooted console obviously.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That sucks. Had this happen to me in the Witcher before.

chase128
AG
I started flying so I was doing some exploring. Ended up doing a quest that had a level 32 boss at the end of it, and I was level 19 lol.

Managed to beat it, wasn't too tricky but I was surprised at the lack of decent quest rewards. I got a piece of gear and I haggled the quest giver to get 500g. Was kinda thinking it would be more since it was a named mini boss that was tracked on the Challenge guide
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I love how doing a "good" playthrough in this game is like, no I won't use the unforgivable curses. I can't use this dark curse that kills someone on impact.

Instead I'll burn people alive and slice them in half.
OnlyForNow
AG
Is this going to be worth getting for XBox One?
DallasTeleAg
OnlyForNow said:

V8Aggie
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I love how doing a "good" playthrough in this game is like, no I won't use the unforgivable curses. I can't use this dark curse that kills someone on impact.

Instead I'll burn people alive and slice them in half.

We'll some are assault curses vs regular curses.
archangelus2
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

OnlyForNow said:

Have this same question, and also if I jump to latest gen do I get Series S or X.
cmk10
AG
archangelus2 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

OnlyForNow said:

Have this same question, and also if I jump to latest gen do I get Series S or X.
X
BenFiasco14
AG
OnlyForNow said:

In my layman opinion, probably not. I would upgrade. I have a Series X and the game looks gorgeous and runs pretty well. Even so, it can be choppy at extremely rare times and as mentioned above, a quest bugged on me.

I have a feeling the Switch and old gen versions will be severely watered down graphics and performance wise. Hopefully not to the level of, say, Cyberpunk 2077, but I can see it not having a successful launch on those platforms due to their limitations.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Madmarttigan
AG
Got my S for 240 which seems like a pretty damn good deal
Formerly tv1113
All I do is Nguyen
So i my 4080 has been installed along with a new AIO and I musts ay this GPU handles this game like a DREAM. Ultra settings with full ray tracing getting 120-144 fps. I never expected there to be this big a difference between the 3080ti and the 4080, but wow!
Wildmen06
AG
I must have been leveled up more or something when i got to the trolls/Cart deal because i had no problem and beat it on my first attempt. That or maybe you guys are bad at this..........
DallasTeleAg
Wildmen06 said:

I must have been leveled up more or something when i got to the trolls/Cart deal because i had no problem and beat it on my first attempt. That or maybe you guys are bad at this..........
The game scales with level and spells are learned through the course of the quests, so it is possible to have more spells by the time you get there, but being a higher level wouldn't help you much.

But I agree, that was not a very hard camp to clear. It's just learning to use Protego and combining spells.
chase128
AG
I was rummaging around through the menus and decided to read the information bits about some enemy types. Apparently, quite a few enemies are vulnerable during certain animations to force or control spells. I knew about the durbogs and Levioso + Diffindo, but there's several other tricks you can do.

Casting Flippendo on a troll after it does a two handed swing will deal nice damage to it.
JJxvi
AG
How many is several? I love spell combination type stuff, like was in Dragon Age Origins
chase128
AG
Almost every enemy has some kind of exploit.
chase128
AG
There was an update for PC today. I play on PS5, but reddit isn't sounding very happy about the resulting performance.
powerbelly
AG
chase128 said:

There was an update for PC today. I play on PS5, but reddit isn't sounding very happy about the resulting performance.
Reddit is never happy
wangus12
AG
powerbelly said:

chase128 said:

Reddit is never happy

Truth. Honeymoon phase was this weekend on that page and that's over now, so all the people who hate the game are out now
chase128
AG
I can add Traits and Upgrade my gear now. That's been a welcome addition, I like mechanics like this.

It's probably not worth to spend a lot of time upgrading the gear at this point? I'm only level 26. Slotting Traits isn't too difficult, but upgrading the gear takes a little more time.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
chase128 said:

I can add Traits and Upgrade my gear now. That's been a welcome addition, I like mechanics like this.

It's probably not worth to spend a lot of time upgrading the gear at this point? I'm only level 26. Slotting Traits isn't too difficult, but upgrading the gear takes a little more time.

Interested in this, as I am under the impression so far that you are continually finding so much new gear that I was wondering if upgrading the stuff you have is actually worth the time investment.

As an aside, I saw a video yesterday with a guy who was wrecking shop just with a build centered around using Chinese Chomping Cabbage.
bluefire579
AG
Wonder how many of those performance issues would be solved by people lowering their settings a bit
JJxvi
AG
bluefire579 said:

Wonder how many of those performance issues would be solved by people lowering their settings a bit
greta_how_dare_you.gif
Zombie
Something I noticed while doing broom side quests….they reference quidditch quite a bit so that leads me to believe they do plan on adding it later.
All I do is Nguyen
Edit: posted in the wrong forum
powerbelly
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I shocked, shocked I tell you! Well not that shocked

I feel like you are lost

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.