**** Hogwarts Legacy ****

27,677 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Brock Sampson
AirplaneAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Usually 2560x1440. Ryzen 7 3700x and rtx3070. I went ahead and downloaded through steam but it says release date Feb 10. Hoping that changes here at 1PM?
rangerdanger
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I also went to sleep last night just before leaving Ravenclaw tower for the first time.

...yes, Ravenclaw house, ftw.

Anyone brave enough to be Hufflepuff?
AirplaneAg09
AG
I'm goin Hufflepuff
DallasTeleAg
I used to wonder the same thing, but then I tend to see many who love Hufflepuff and are proud to say they are Hufflepuffs.

I think that illustrates how so many of us think differently and value things differently. I tend to rank the houses Ravenclaw > Slytherin > Gryffindor > Hufflepuff. I really have found it interesting how many love Hufflepuff.

Granted, if I were to have a partner in life, I would probably want them to be a Hufflepuff, lol.
powerbelly
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

Usually 2560x1440. Ryzen 7 3700x and rtx3070. I went ahead and downloaded through steam but it says release date Feb 10. Hoping that changes here at 1PM?
I just restarted steam and it allowed me to launch.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Guess I bought the wrong version. Mine just says coming Feb 10th. Oh well, I can wait a few more days.
BR 82
I tried restarting Steam and the PC and it still says 2/10. Trying to uninstall it and reinstall to see if that helps but I verified I got the deluxe version. Weird.
powerbelly
AG
That is strange. I had to download a large update at noon before launching
Saxsoon
AG
Ravenclaw gang after I get off work today
BR 82
Was the update through steam? Maybe that's what I'm missing. It's still showing not available until Feb 10 and I just reinstalled it.
powerbelly
AG
Yes
KidDoc
AG
Is there any reason to buy this early? Multiplayer stuff or just all solo? On solo games I usually wait for 6 months to a year for the bug fixes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
KidDoc said:

Is there any reason to buy this early? Multiplayer stuff or just all solo? On solo games I usually wait for 6 months to a year for the bug fixes.

All solo. There are pre-order cosmetics. If you aren't big into harry potter I would wait until the next steam sale.
Red Five
AG
Saxsoon said:

Ravenclaw gang after I get off work today
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Edit: NVM, bought the standard edition, will be waiting for the 9th to play
BR 82
Had to log out of steam, it worked when I logged back in!
Tabasco
AG
16yo daughter only did 30 min of prologue last night (11:30 and a school night). It did not let me manual save for some reason, So I just put PS5 on rest. I assume it has autosave spots but did not want to risk it.

Do they have a sorting hat process, or do you just manually pick your house?
aezmvp
Tabasco said:

16yo daughter only did 30 min of prologue last night (11:30 and a school night). It did not let me manual save for some reason, So I just put PS5 on rest. I assume it has autosave spots but did not want to risk it.

Do they have a sorting hat process, or do you just manually pick your house?
Sorting hat is a thing. Although you can import your house from the fan club if you're that big of a nerd or pick the house you want if you don't like what you get answering the questions.
Tabasco
AG
Thx
AirplaneAg09
AG
Trying a workaround here. Requested a refund through Steam and downloading the deluxe version through Epic now. Had an old Rocket League account there.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I've only played a little bit but the game looks great and I cannot wait to explore everything
powerbelly
AG
About 4 hours in and performing well on my PC.
DallasTeleAg
Been going at it for about an hour and a half, after finishing work. Yeah... all i'm doing is exploring Hogwarts, lol. I'm not fast traveling anywhere. I'm doing exactly what I would do if I was visiting in real life. Probably spend another few hours exploring and finding things before continuing on with the main story.

Definitely things hidden everywhere if you are looking.
CAR96
AG
Anyone figured out how to travel the floo network?
DallasTeleAg
CAR96 said:

Anyone figured out how to travel the floo network?
Professor Weasley literally tells you how.
All I do is Nguyen
So far it feels like I'm playing one of the movies. The game runs soooo well on PC
The Lost
Made it through sorting and enjoying. Definitely not the best character graphics I've seen on the ps5, but enjoyable start to the story and no real complaints like a madden game or anything
DallasTeleAg
I wish the wand selection had more of a process to pair you with a wand. I used my old Pottermore wand quiz results to select a wand so it felt more based on personality than just choosing random things.
aezmvp
Played an hour and a half on the Deck last night (not streamed from the PC and it was a little rough, a few dropped frames but mostly was pretty good. Interested to see what my mid-level rig does with it tonight.
Forum Troll
AG
Only bought standard edition, will wait till Friday with the rest of the plebes.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Got about 5 hours of gameplay in between last night and this morning before work. Game runs super smooth about 95% of the time on my PC. A few of the FPS lags during cutscenes that I've seen other people mention, but nothing major at all. I'm having a blast so far and am pleasantly surprised how quickly I was able to completely lose myself in the world. Game is checking pretty much every box for me so far.

Up the Hufflepuffs!
JJxvi
AG
How are the controls on the PC, especially if you were going to play on a laptop?
AirplaneAg09
AG
I'm using a PS4 controller on my PC to play. Learned my lesson with Witcher 3 trying to play that combat style on KBM. Suits me a lot better even though I'm KBM on pretty much everything else I play.
powerbelly
AG
JJxvi said:

How are the controls on the PC, especially if you were going to play on a laptop?

I am using an xbox controller on pc. Imo it is not keyboard and mouse friendly and I almost always choose keyboard and mouse ( Witcher 3 for example)
BR 82
The controls would be super annoying if you don't have a gaming mouse. I have a 12-button Razr one and it works pretty well to keep my left hand on the arrows to move and just about everything else on the mouse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.