**** Hogwarts Legacy ****

27,265 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Brock Sampson
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As a HUGE Harry Potter nerd, this game is on the top of my list for most anticipated games for me. It is an open world Harry Potter game where you play a fourth year (IIRC) student at Hogwarts who goes about taking classes and solving mysteries.

And if this game couldn't get any more awesome!

I am excited with the callback to the books with Phineas Nigelus Black being in the game. This just makes me wonder what other easter eggs, or callbacks to the books will we see?

Platforms are all major consoles, and PC
JJxvi
AG
I'm sure they'll mess this up. Which will be especially disappointing since all they really had to do was completely rip off Bully from Rockstar and paste the Harry Potter veneer over it.
Jinx
https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/3326672

Hoping it holds up as an RPG
Red Five
AG
Will you get to be sorted and choose the path of the Chad Ravenclaw, or will they just automatically dump you in Gryffindor with the rest of the virgins?
IrishAg
I have huge hopes for this one, and have it preordered for the PS5. Gameplay videos look pretty solid. All they really need to do is just steal the original Fable and put a Hogwarts skin on it, and I will love this game.

Also, I'm glad it's a real RPG, and not a MMORPG.
wangus12
AG
How many threads we gonna have on this one lol
AG
I don't game much at all anymore but I'm excited for this one. Hope they don't screw it up.
Saxsoon
AG
I would not want to be the reviewer for this at a major outlet. You score it well and people on the left will crucify you even if you couch the review about Rowling being a terf.

Scores it bad and conservatives will crucify you.

Give it a milquetoast review and everyone will be mad
HossAg
AG
Saxsoon said:

I would not want to be the reviewer for this at a major outlet. You score it well and people on the left will crucify you even if you couch the review about Rowling being a terf.

Scores it bad and conservatives will crucify you.

Give it a milquetoast review and everyone will be mad
I don't think any normal people give a **** about the book writer's politics when judging this game.
Saxsoon
AG
Discussion of the game is basically banned on a prominent video game forum (Resetera)

Before you say who, more than a few developers including Geoff keighly regularly post there
tlepoC
AG
banned because the conversation turns to politics and blows up?
Saxsoon
AG
The don't like the idea of platforming her
wangus12
AG
I find it hilarious that people hate her so much. Its not like she is constantly talking about or advocating against things.
wangus12
AG
BadMoonRisin
AG
My 8 year old is excited for this game, but Avalance software doesnt have any really high profile AAA games under their belt so far, so tempering expectations.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
2 weeks if you get the version where you can play on the 7th. You can now pre-load the game.

First hand impressions are now being shown on YouTube. Seems pretty positive

wangus12
AG
bodaciousbood14
AG
Pre-orders discounted right now if anyone has their finger hovering over the trigger like me:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hogwarts-legacy-preorders-are-discounted-right-now/1100-6507265/

Edit: Looks like it's just for PC
FightinTexasAg15
AG
If you pre order the ps5 deluxe version at Best Buy you get a $10 gift card

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6518307.p?skuId=6518307
javajaws
AG
Can't wait to try this out. I built a new PC a few months ago with a 4090 so hope it performs great.
DallasTeleAg
I think I pre-ordered from Amazon, so should be delivered that day.
AgDev01
AG
yet im sure that anyone of the games made developers that are onwed in part by China or Saudia Arabia are perfectly fine to be discussed.

Im of the opinion that this whole controversy is just a brilliant marketing ploy to create a Striesand effect for folks who may not have been inclined to purchase the game otherwise.
bluefire579
AG
Not sure you can have a Streisand effect on a game fulfilling a longtime player fantasy distributed by a major publisher for one of the most lucrative franchises in the world. This isn't some indie game we're talking about here. People are going to hem and haw about JKR's beliefs, but this was never going to be some massive flop, even if the content was subpar.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Watched a gameplay snippet from IGN just now and is it me or are the facial animations absolutely terrible?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Linking this f16 thread for those interested:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3357994/replies/64156826#64156826

Its always great for memes when something pisses off both sides of the SJW coin.
wangus12
AG
Seem on par with most rpg games these days.

+ beautiful castle
+ combat looks good and is apparently competitive
+ atmospheric
+ animations of NPCs seem diverse
- NPCs overall pretty lackluster
- world rather stiff
agdoc2001
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Its always great for memes when something pisses off both sides of the SJW coin.

How does that thread show "both sides of the sjw coin" are pissed?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HossAg
AG
agdoc2001 said:

It doesn't. It's just another F16 circle jerk thread over a dumb topic.
agdoc2001
AG
Maybe so, but I sincerely hope that the irony of posting that on a thread for a children's video game isn't lost on you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HossAg
AG
The discussions that take place here over a "child's videogame" will be far more mature and productive than the discussions that take place in F16.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
agdoc2001 said:

I guess I'm predicting a bit. Wasn't calling out forum 16 specifically, but you had the super lefties boycotting the game because of the Rowling stuff. Now after the girl getting fired there you will almost certainly see the super righties calling for boycotting the game too.
Saxsoon
AG
The girl didn't work for that company that produced the game. If anything I have seen right leaning folks doubling down on buying the game
hph6203
AG
Limited Run Games is a little shop that produces small lots of games for typically digital only titles. It is not a major publisher, it's a boutique. The controversy is that a trans activist noticed that the social media manager of Limited Run Games was excited about Hogwarts Legacy. In an effort to get her fired for that evil act the activist perused their follows list on Twitter, called them out as a transphobe for following accounts like Libs of TikTok, and then pulled up a 6 year old tweet about bathroom bills and the creepy weirdo from Canada that sued to force beauty salons to wax their balls.

Hogwarts legacy is selling like crazy in part due to counter boycotts over the boycotts.

It's all pretty stupid.
Saxsoon
AG

From Resetera, pretty much the largest non-reddit game forum on the internet

They are the polar opposite of F16
hph6203
AG
I applaud this decision. Without the revenues from this game JK Rowling will have 2% less money to push her totally bigoted opinions. She's definitely not going to be able to afford her activism now. And if we boycott hard enough we might be able to get the studio and its 100's of employees shut down. Because capitalism is evil and must be stopped unless we can weaponize it against people we disagree with.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.