**** Hogwarts Legacy ****

27,672 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Brock Sampson
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
powerbelly said:

dcaggie04 said:

wangus12 said:

Sounds like poor optimization and buggy

I wonder if there is going to be a day 1 patch.
I would be willing to bet money there will be.

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/faq

Q: Does Hogwarts Legacy require an internet connection?
A: Those who purchase a physical copy of Hogwarts Legacy will be required to connect to the internet to install a Day 1 patch. Those who purchase the game digitally will receive the patch with the initial download.
wangus12
AG
powerbelly said:

dcaggie04 said:

wangus12 said:

It was confirmed 2 weeks ago that there is a day 1 patch. Supposed to go live with early access tomorrow last I read. Idk if reviewers play it with the patch (I doubt it)
agracer
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

agdoc2001 said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

Linking this f16 thread for those interested:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3357994/replies/64156826#64156826

Its always great for memes when something pisses off both sides of the SJW coin.

How does that thread show "both sides of the sjw coin" are pissed?

I guess I'm predicting a bit. Wasn't calling out forum 16 specifically, but you had the super lefties boycotting the game because of the Rowling stuff. Now after the girl getting fired there you will almost certainly see the super righties calling for boycotting the game too.
no you won't.
chase128
AG

This guy is a big Potter fan. He usually does Dark Souls type games. He had a very positive review.

His main gripe was the itemization was too simple, so it didn't feel very rewarding to get new gear.

He played it on PS5 and has been enjoying it a lot through about 20hrs of gameplay. He's streaming it on Twitch right now.
texsn95
AG
Ah yeah that's FightinCowboy, he was great going the Souls' and Elden Ring walkthroughs.
All I do is Nguyen
So of course my 3080ti decides to take a massive dump on me the weekend before HL releases. I have a 4080 on the way form MSI, never buying Zotac again, let's hope I don't have any issues once the swap is made.

It's also ironic that the 4080 cost a few hundred less than the 3080ti
Tabasco
AG
wangus12 said:

powerbelly said:

dcaggie04 said:

wangus12 said:

It was confirmed 2 weeks ago that there is a day 1 patch. Supposed to go live with early access tomorrow last I read. Idk if reviewers play it with the patch (I doubt it)
Deluxe version goes live 11pm Houston time tonight (monday 2/6)
Tabasco
AG
Tabasco said:

wangus12 said:

powerbelly said:

dcaggie04 said:

wangus12 said:

Deluxe version goes live 11pm Houston time tonight (monday 2/6)

Taken by me at 12:10 pm 2/6

DallasTeleAg
My Amazon pre-order showed a delivery date of Feb 14. I decided, "screw that", and cancelled the order and purchased the preorder directly from the Playstation store. Downloading now!
bluefire579
AG
wangus12 said:

powerbelly said:

dcaggie04 said:

wangus12 said:

Given it's ready for early access, it's entirely possible they had that first patch ready for reviewers. Initial console versions need to be approved by Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo several months in advance for disc pressing, so they would have been working on patches from that point on to ensure players see a stable version on day one. I'd bet another patch is ready for the actual sticker date to fix any lingering issues and any that pop up for early access folks.
bbattbq01
AG
I surrendered and preordered 45 mins ago, here we go…
DallasTeleAg
So... I do have work tomorrow...

We'll see how long I go, tonight.
Pman17
AG
Intro takes like an hour.
aezmvp
PSA: Warner Bros
/Avalanche allowed PC preload at the last minute in a change. It's 65 plus gig download so highly recommend you do so PC Master Race.
bbattbq01
AG
Played until around two. Hogwarts is much bigger than the Lego Harry Potter games!

I knew nothing about the game other than thinking it was previous to the books and not much has changed in that regard in three hours, but man it's cool running free around Hogwarts!
wangus12
AG
The castle is way bigger than I expected. So many floors and corridors
agdoc2001
AG
For those who have started: is this a game someone who doesn't play a lot of video games could enjoy? Wife is a massive Potter fan but doesn't play much beyond Mario Party or occasional match game on the phone. Wondering if this would be worth getting her?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bbattbq01
AG
I've only played a couple hours but I'd say yes. Just to walk around the castle. So cool.
Pman17
AG
agdoc2001 said:

For those who have started: is this a game someone who doesn't play a lot of video games could enjoy? Wife is a massive Potter fan but doesn't play much beyond Mario Party or occasional match game on the phone. Wondering if this would be worth getting her?

Yes, there's a Story Mode difficulty.
wangus12
AG
I'm gonna try and get my wife to play it. I could see the combat being a little challenging if you've never played video games
Pman17
AG
Only played an hour last night on the Series X. I can already tell this is a good game. It's beautiful in the high quality mode. YouTube videos don't do justice.
javajaws
AG
Pman17 said:

agdoc2001 said:

Yes, there's a Story Mode difficulty.
In addition to that, it seems like it's light on heavy rpg elements like stats and itemization. More emphasis on story, exploring, fighting, etc. So seems like a good fit for her.
javajaws
AG
Sounding like PC performance is crap. Hoping my new gaming PC will make it playable until they can roll out some fixes.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Curious where you see that at regarding PC? I was gonna go home at lunch and get my download started through Steam, but wondering if I should hold off now.
powerbelly
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

Curious where you see that at regarding PC? I was gonna go home at lunch and get my download started through Steam, but wondering if I should hold off now.
Some of the early reviewers had mentioned it.
Tex117
AG
So long as its as good as a reskinned Assassins Creed with Harry Potter, I'd be happy.

Looks to be better than that.
clobby
AG
How do I get early access? I bought the deluxe edition but the steam link says available feb 10
powerbelly
AG
clobby said:

How do I get early access? I bought the deluxe edition but the steam link says available feb 10

It opens on PC at noon CT IIRC.
agdoc2001
AG
Thanks for the responses, think I'm gonna go for it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I watched the IGN review video and it looked like they were describing a below average game the entire time and then at the end, they give it a 9/10.
DallasTeleAg
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I watched the IGN review video and it looked like they were describing a below average game the entire time and then at the end, they give it a 9/10.
I refused to even watch the reviews. Every review had to start with a justification of why they even reviewed it. No thanks.

I played for about an hour last night and really enjoyed the intro. Looking forward to playing this game more, throughout the week.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

I refused to even watch the reviews. Every review had to start with a justification of why they even reviewed it. No thanks.

I played for about an hour last night and really enjoyed the intro. Looking forward to playing this game more, throughout the week.
Games are the only real form of media that I really pay attention to reviews for prior to purchasing. TV shows are built into streaming packages, so if it sucks - the loss to me in terms of time/commitment is pretty minimal. Movies at the theater are a little bit more susceptible to reviews for me since I'm spending $11 bucks and a couple of hours out of my day to go watch it.

I can't reasonably spend $70 without at least reading/watching some of the reviews for said game, especially games that could consume 40+ hours of my time.
DallasTeleAg
Oh... i get it; I generally would, too. But I was just paying attention to the general reception of the game. From what I have seen, it's been widely optimistic and well received. That's all I needed to decide to explore the halls of Hogwarts. Hell, even if it wasn't any good, I would buy it just to walk around Hogwarts for a while.
javajaws
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

What resolution do you play at and what kind of specs?
DallasTeleAg
I also went to sleep last night just before leaving Ravenclaw tower for the first time.

...yes, Ravenclaw house, ftw.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.