**** Hogwarts Legacy ****

27,698 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Brock Sampson
DallasTeleAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh jesus... that's fantastic!
DallasTeleAg
Did a lot, today. Finally got a broom and found the goblin/cart thing mentioned earlier. I get how that can be overwhelming for someone. Just have to learn to focus on Protego and dodging. Be sure to only basic attack enemies in the air, and use fire whenever you can because it does hella damage.

I'm really enjoying being in the world. The one thing that keeps driving me crazy is the music plays around Williams' theme, but it was only ever really played at your arrival to Hogwarts. I keep waiting for the music to resolve into the theme I know so well, but it never does. It's driving me freaking crazy. It's like someone singing: "I want my baby back, baby back...."
DallasTeleAg
I also highly recommend you turn off the minimap. I was getting sucked into that playstyle where I stare at the minimap as I run around, which doesn't let me really take in the world. I've turned if off, and now it's a much more organic experience. Definitely something I would recommend.
BenFiasco14
AG
Stupefy
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG

Can anyone confirm?
Tex117
AG
Can confirm...this game...in fact...does not suck.
Jim01
AG
Modern gaming does have it's few drawbacks. Got the disc home at like 11:00. Took 30-45 minutes to copy enough data to start playing. Played through Gringotts to the title screen and now I'm waiting for the full game to copy, about 45 minutes more it says.

I do miss the days of just popping in and going.

So far it's definitely fun though. Controls are nice.
chase128
AG
Yeah, I don't really see the point of getting a disc anymore.
CAR96
AG
Finally got past the trolls in the encampment....easier than I made it out to be....once I figured out how to do it...escaped without having to take out any trolls.
Tabasco
AG
CAR96 said:

Finally got past the trolls in the encampment....easier than I made it out to be....once I figured out how to do it...escaped without having to take out any trolls.
What was your process?
AirplaneAg09
AG
CAR96
AG
Make yourself invisible, creep in to the gate where those carts are located on the left....click on those cases...carts roll out...you roll out.
tlepoC
AG
Jim01 said:

Modern gaming does have it's few drawbacks. Got the disc home at like 11:00. Took 30-45 minutes to copy enough data to start playing. Played through Gringotts to the title screen and now I'm waiting for the full game to copy, about 45 minutes more it says.

I do miss the days of just popping in and going.

So far it's definitely fun though. Controls are nice.

Digital version downloaded in 5 minutes and started right up.
javajaws
AG
I wonder how the loot drops are in this game. Level 5 and got a legendary out of a chest in Hogsmeade - just wonder if that is a 100% drop or if its random.
wangus12
AG
I heard the legendary stuff made be tied to individual chests, but everything else was random
Jim01
AG
Currently exploring Hogsmeade. I don't know how any Potter fan couldn't be happy with this game. As others have said the character graphics could be a touch better but the world is so big and fun.

Curious what UI settings you all used on PS5. I just stuck with the default "Fidelity".
DallasTeleAg
I went with balanced. I tried the highest resolution option, but couldn't deal with those framerates.
TresPuertas
AG
Someone help me out here because I'm on the fence.

Is this more akin to A RPG like elder scrolls or more like Red Dead, as in a Open World adventure?

I've never been big into the super fantasy stuff but like the HP books and movies and love a good game.

Is this for a casual fan/gamer or is this more hardcore?
chase128
AG
More casual. Think something more like Horizon, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I've been playing on balanced. The graphics look great and I haven't noticed any performance issues

BenFiasco14
AG
I've had to hide basically every hat. Otherwise I look more like a 1960s detective
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I change my look every few minutes. I just haven't had any luck finding anything I like. Especially hat wise, they all look goofy.

If anyone didn't know you can press triangle (PlayStation) to toggle your hood up and down on your robes
javajaws
AG
TresPuertas said:

Someone help me out here because I'm on the fence.

Is this more akin to A RPG like elder scrolls or more like Red Dead, as in a Open World adventure?

I've never been big into the super fantasy stuff but like the HP books and movies and love a good game.

Is this for a casual fan/gamer or is this more hardcore?
It's light on stats and itemization, heavy on story and exploration. If you're looking for min-maxing and ARPG style gameplay this probably isn't it.

Combat is a bit of rock-paper-scissors and kind of fun though.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I change my look every few minutes. I just haven't had any luck finding anything I like. Especially hat wise, they all look goofy.

If anyone didn't know you can press triangle (PlayStation) to toggle your hood up and down on your robes

Can you hide anything else? Or set an outfit? I've got this stupid curly wizard hat right now and the ugliest set of glasses you have seen in your life.
powerbelly
AG
You can hide anything and also change the appearance to anything else you have already found.
DallasTeleAg
Yeah, you can transmog everything immediately, including hiding them completely. I wish I could just set my face, head, and scarf to always be hidden.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Got it I figured it out now. Just have to press x instead of a in the gear menu. Thanks.
Jack Ruby
I can't put my controller down. This brings me back to my childhood and ocarina of time. Seriously one of the best VG's of all time.
tremble
AG
Damn this game looks great on the balanced setting. I'm putting together a new PC with a 4090 but that's months away still. Can't wait to see how this looks on PC.
Zombie
Okay. As many of you know, I am a major Potterhead and have been looking forward to this game for a long long time. I just started playing today and all I can say is OH MY GOD! I have spent four hours literally just exploring Hogwarts and I haven't even found all the common rooms yet! The little details are so amazing. I keep thinking they will get something wrong but nope, everything is right where it should be. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game this much right from the start. I even laughed out loud when I walked in on two suits of armor fighting and when the saw me, they stopped and acted like nothing had happened. And as a big Downton Abbey fan, I immediately recognized Professor Weasleys voice as Mrs Patimore!! Oh and I'm Slytherin by the way and so far, I think my favorite classmate has to be Ominous Gaunt. i see many many hours being spent on this game!!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Got to play for the first time last night for about 3 hours. Man the castle and Hogsmeade inside and out look great. The little actual gameplay and story line I've gotten through (story wise have only progressed to the point of defeating the troll in Hogsmeade) isn't great imo, but I bought the game to explore Hogwarts so not a big deal to me.

I will say that the castle feels a bit small to me on the inside. Definitely smaller than it looks on the outside. I've hit all the main parts of the castle except for the hospital, which I couldn't seem to find even using the map. Maybe this is because there are so many locked doors and I haven't learned alohamora (sp?) yet.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Got to play for the first time last night for about 3 hours. Man the castle and Hogsmeade inside and out look great. The little actual gameplay and story line I've gotten through (story wise have only progressed to the point of defeating the troll in Hogsmeade) isn't great imo, but I bought the game to explore Hogwarts so not a big deal to me.

I will say that the castle feels a bit small to me on the inside. Definitely smaller than it looks on the outside. I've hit all the main parts of the castle except for the hospital, which I couldn't seem to find even using the map. Maybe this is because there are so many locked doors and I haven't learned alohamora (sp?) yet.

Eta: not sure how common it is, but I wound up unintentionally finding the sink that serves as the entrance to the chamber of secrets within 10 minutes of running around. Couldn't actually do anything with it, but got one of those revelio papers that told me.
Zombie
Oh and am I the only one that spins every globe and pets every cat??
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
I do the same and have no idea why. I don't even really like cats.
DallasTeleAg
There seems to be a bug where I can't find the Slytherin entrance scroll. I got the one for Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, but not Slytherin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.