**** Hogwarts Legacy ****

27,259 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Brock Sampson
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I've encountered a bug. In the quest "Flight Test" I'm told to talk to Imalda Reyes on the quidditch pitch. I started the quest and wrecked immediately so I thought I could easily restart it by "abandoning" the quest.

My mistake. I was warped back to the start and now I can no longer talk to Reyes and still have the quest in my journal. I've moved on since hoping it would pop back up but I'm level 25 and pretty deep into the story now so seems like I've forever locked the broom upgrades behind this bug.

I also love to collect everything in this game so this will prevent me from completing every side quest. I'm in too deep now to restart completely but this is a bummer. I reported the bug to WB but I doubt anything comes of it.

ETA: on Xbox. Already uninstalled and reinstalled the game to try and fix it. Also rebooted console obviously.

Still waiting on this to get fixed. At 91% of challenge completion and cannot move further without Reyes' quests. Not even going to bother doing all the Merlin trials and whatnot until this is fixed. I want to 100% the game but I'm not doing all of it again.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DallasTeleAg
My gaming ADD is starting to kick in, and I'm feeling the urge to start a new Bannerlord campain...
Brock Sampson
AG
The dang ghost/scare mission is legit. Wasn't expecting that!
Legal Custodian
AG
Brock Sampson said:

The dang ghost/scare mission is legit. Wasn't expecting that!
Are you talking about the shop keeper one? Cause that was flipping (or should I say Flippendo) awesome
Legal Custodian
AG
Still playing as I took about a month and a half long break.

What a freaking game! One of the most true adaptations from the books/movies I've seen. Hogwarts seems to be a perfect adaptation from the movies as I can pick out which scenes are where. I really like the different seasons it takes you through.

I'm pretty much to the final boss (I think) but I'm gonna put a hold on it and go through more side quests and exploring. I have a terrible habit of just foregoing most of the side quests and just concentrating on the main story line in most games. I'm going to try and avoid that this go around as I know I'll lose interest following the conclusion of the main story line.

My wife, who's not a gamer in the slightest, even started playing and she's doing all the sidequests and exploring everything. I think she's on level 31 and is about to start the second trial. Any time I watch her play (she's playing on Story Line difficulty) I am amazed at how nonexistant the combat is for her. She said she's only had to use one wiggenweld potion and she's never died.

Just an overall enjoyable experience and it made me realize how many stories can be told in this universe that I would watch/read/play if they decide to make more media.
  • Creation of Hogwarts
  • Other schools/countries
  • Backstories into the founders of Hogwarts
  • First Witch/Wizard
  • Witch trials in Europe/America
  • Future exposing of who they are to the muggle population
  • Etc.

One random question that I haven't seen mentioned reading through this thread, the proprietor of the Three Broomsticks is definitely trans, right? Not gonna lie, I was kinda confused hearing such a deep voice the first time I was getting a quest there.
wangus12
AG
Just finished it last night. Really enjoyed the game. Decent original storyline. I enjoyed the characters and teachers. Hogwarts itself is incredible. Wish we'd spent a little more time with the castle/classes. Overall still give it a solid A. The combat was just so much fun.

The surrounding countryside does get a little bit too open and repetitive. Much like the Assassin's Creed series, lots of extra collectibles with no real reward. Might just be me, but in the recent years games have been going to these massive open worlds and its hard to stay focused in them.

texsn95
AG
I got to level 24 before getting my broom, haha. Just started wandering around everywhere.
Jim01
AG
I've beat the story, just haven't gone to the end of year celebration. Level 35 just exploring and getting trophies.

Solid A indeed.

I still HATE the gear system though. My inventory is constantly full and it's just an annoyance to have to constantly destroy or sell stuff, especially since one you get a pretty pimp outfit going 90%+ of the stuff you find is a downgrade and worthless.

Also noticed 4 of the trophies are to get to the map room as each house. That's a pretty annoying approach. I have to start and play as the other three houses until the map room just to go platinum?
bluefire579
AG
Jim01 said:

I've beat the story, just haven't gone to the end of year celebration. Level 35 just exploring and getting trophies.

Solid A indeed.

I still HATE the gear system though. My inventory is constantly full and it's just an annoyance to have to constantly destroy or sell stuff, especially since one you get a pretty pimp outfit going 90%+ of the stuff you find is a downgrade and worthless.

Also noticed 4 of the trophies are to get to the map room as each house. That's a pretty annoying approach. I have to start and play as the other three houses until the map room just to go platinum?
I was able to speed run them under 2 hours a piece, spaced over a few days. Keep in mind that your first one, you're exploring, getting used to the gameplay, etc. It goes a lot faster when you're skipping through cutscenes and conversations, ignoring optional missions, and going straight to objectives.

You could cut out a good chunk by creating a save just before the sorting ceremony, uploading it to the cloud, and pulling it back down after getting to the map room.
Brock Sampson
AG
Beat the story and all side quests. I have zero want to finish the Merlin trials and other trivial pursuits. Hell I never even started the landing pad ones.

Side note but the battle arenas were fun!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.