**** Hogwarts Legacy ****

27,699 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Brock Sampson
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I shocked, shocked I tell you! Well not that shocked

I too am concerned what precedent this will set for the Quidditch DLC.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
DallasTeleAg
Sir, this is the Hogwarts Legacy thread.
HossAg
AG
He makes a great point, though.
All I do is Nguyen
Yeah my bad that was meant for the Astros off-season thread lol
javajaws
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Yeah my bad that was meant for the Astros off-season thread lol
Its not like this is F16 or the entertainment board...we won't ostracize you for your mistake. However, you should post some Potter cosplay girls to make amends...
OnlyForNow
AG
BRB... need to do research on that topic.
chase128
AG
Unlocked the second Vivarium habitat. At this point, it's fairly easy to keep my gear upgraded to level 2. Also managed to find level 3 talents that I enjoy using in my gear. Those level 3 talents only take 1 Kneazle fur to slot in, and that's very easy to come by.

I'm finding Thunderbrew, Edurus, and Maximus potions all very useful. I'm only needing them for tougher fights, so I'm not spamming them a lot, but they make a significant difference.

I was a little worried that the Room was going to turn into a drag and I'd have to visit often to stay stocked up. Once you get it set up though, it's not bad at all and I don't have to spend much time there.
DallasTeleAg
I spent way too much time trying to find all the moons for Mr. Moon. I still need to find 3 more to get Alohamora rank 3. I finally just decided to get on with the game and look as I run around doing normal questing.
chase128
AG
I wish they would have made it to auto solve a lock that you outrank. Level 2 Alohamora means you can auto solve Level 1 locks, etc.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Found a glitch where if your gear is full, you lose whatever is in the chest you tried to open, just a heads up.
Zombie
OnlyForNow said:

Anyone else concerned he hasn't made it back yet?
Wildmen06
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Found a glitch where if your gear is full, you lose whatever is in the chest you tried to open, just a heads up.
is that new? i have had my gear full numerious times and never lost the item.
Jim01
AG
What do you mean?

I assume it works like most games:
1. Open a chest with an item
2. You don't have room so you get a message
3. Item goes back into the chest

Are you saying it works differently?

Last night was the first time I got a message that my gear was full while down in the restricted books section.
DallasTeleAg
Definitely Not A Cop said:

I have not had this issue at all, and I have had a full inventory several times.

I did fall through the world at one point, but was able to pull out my broom while falling and fly back into the world.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I did fall through the world at one point, but was able to pull out my broom while falling and fly back into the world.

That's actually kind of cool
OnlyForNow
AG
Zombie said:

OnlyForNow said:

Anyone else concerned he hasn't made it back yet?
Whew.... close one!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Jim01 said:

What do you mean?

I assume it works like most games:
1. Open a chest with an item
2. You don't have room so you get a message
3. Item goes back into the chest

Are you saying it works differently?

Last night was the first time I got a message that my gear was full while down in the restricted books section.

I've had that happen to me too. But I was looting one of the big chests with two handles on them in Hogsmeade and it said my gear was full. So destroyed an item in my inventory, but the chest had remained opened and wouldn't let me re-search it. Have tried rebooting the game, but outside of loading up an old version, it's stuck open even though I didn't get anything from it.
aezmvp
Wow. Finally got a few hours to play.

I'm looking around like crazy. This is the first time I wish I'd dumped a couple grand more into my rig.

Even at medium settings it's gorgeous. I'm rocking a 3060Ti, 16 GB of RAM, 5600 so not a very high end rig but pretty solid and now I'm thinking how I'm going to be replaying this once I get a new system next year. The little bit of combat I've had is fun but I can see how it might get repetitive quick, we'll see.

A big thumbs up if you're a Potterhead.
DallasTeleAg
aezmvp said:

The little bit of combat I've had is fun but I can see how it might get repetitive quick, we'll see.
Yeah... you've obviously barely played the game. I don't see how the combat is repetitive, versus any other game I've played. You literally end up using around 12 different spells, Protego/stupify, dodging, throwing items in the environment, ancient magic, and your standard attack that you are switching between. Every enemy type also has weaknesses and combos that do massive damage if you read their description and put it all together.

I think the combat is extremely strong in this game, and very challenging. Especially if you are trying to get the dueling feats for the challenges. That just adds another wrinkle to each fight.

Granted... if you aren't playing the game on the hardest difficulty, then perhaps it's easy.
wangus12
AG
What do y'alls spell diamonds look like. I've opened up 3 of them so far, but now I'm trying to decide which spells to map together. Haven't gotten used to switching between diamonds in combat yet
powerbelly
AG
I usually switch mine around depending on the bad guys. Certain combo spells work better on some than others so I am always changing it up.
chase128
AG
I'm not switching spell panels often in combat, the switching is clunky for me. It's been easier for me to just have 4 spell CDs to keep track of while I'm trying to dodge/Protego everything flying at me.

I've grown attached to Glacius + Diffindo since it's a quick combo that will one shot lesser enemies even on hard. Auto attacking reduces CD so it is available often. That's become a staple for me and I don't like flipping to another spell page and missing when it is off CD.

Third spell I use is Confringo since it's long-range and low CD, sets enemies on fire, hits multiple enemies. Fourth spell is a flex spot depending on the enemies I'm fighting. Disarm spell for goblins, Flipendo for trolls, etc.

Against Dark Wizards and Goblins I usually am not running a Force spell, so if one of them has a purple shield it's usually been easier to chug a Maximus potion. That potion talent lets you bypass shields, so Glacius + Diffindo can get it done.

I'll unlock the Unforgivable Curses eventually and I'll make a spell panel with those three plus Aresto Momentum. I think I'll "role play" with them and use them in certain situations. Talents aren't as restrictive as I first thought they'd be, so I'll be able to get those Curse talents easily.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I keep 3 combat spell wheels, and 1 utility (conjuration, repairo/lumos/disullision, beast spells, etc)

Some spells I make sure are together (I put points into upgrading these):
Glacius and diffendo (major damage)
Accio, descendo, and incendio (pull a group, bash into the ground, then AOE fire them)
Transformation + Depulso (transform and throw them)

Then I will change out what I am fighting against
- flipendo for trolls and spiders
- leviosa for frogs
- expalliarmus to disarm and throw back at enemies
DallasTeleAg
I do the same thing. Left, Up, and Right are my combat wheels with Down being my utility wheel.

I group my skills for most efficient force spells with damage spells for combos. My main damage dealers are on Up and Right, which I will switch between during a fight while one is on cooldown for general combat. However, I'm always trying to get the correct combos for each enemy to kill them quickly.
BenFiasco14
AG
I fight with mandrakes and chomping cabbages only
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
HometownAg22
AG
Getting alohamora level 1 and 2 is a game changer
powerbelly
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I fight with mandrakes and chomping cabbages only

Professor Garlick approves
wangus12
AG
I'd chomp her cabbage amirite
degreedy
AG
HometownAg22 said:

Getting alohamora level 1 and 2 is a game changer
why is it a game changer? I just unlocked them, but not seeing the grand utility in it overall other than I can now enter locked rooms (which doesn't do a whole lot in my overall gameplay).
HometownAg22
AG
Just opens up the game more? I don't know, made it more fun for me
DallasTeleAg
In any RPG I play with some form of lockpicking or hacking (Fallout3/4) mechanics, I always max them out as soon as I can. I have an OCD complex around opening everything and exploring everything in open world RPGs. If I hit a door or area I can't access, it drives me crazy.

If I have to choose between a talent for extra damage or the ability to open more advanced locks, I go for the lock opening talent/trait/skill. I can always be better at combat and take an extra few shots at an enemy. But a locked door I don't have the sill to open is an impassable obstacle.

I finally got Rank 3, and have not explored most of the castle. Even got to the tip top of the grand staircase tower, which was cool to see. Won't spoil for anyone else.
AgDev01
AG
Not related to this but Speech checks are the bane of my existence.
JJxvi
AG
Finally began this. Fantastic game, looks good, plays well, feels triple A quality and not just cheap licensed franchise game. Looking forward to playing the rest. I would say the only disappointment is that you can easily see areas where concepts from games we've played do things well (by Cd Project Red and BioWare in Witcher, Mass Effect/Dragon Age particularly regarding character builds and backgrounds, gear, character alignment and factions) that could have been done well here, but the game you imagine with all that would really have been incredible beyond belief.
I Like Mike
AG
How's this run on Steam Deck? Thinking about getting it.
aezmvp
Professional Hitter said:

How's this run on Steam Deck? Thinking about getting it.
Eh it's okay. You can definitely get a big draw down on visual quality. It's definitely dropping frames on the cut scenes. It's playable and you could do some grinding on it, but this is one spot where I'd consider it being an accessory to my PC instead of the other way around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.