Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

56,479 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like OoT in the way that once you beat Gannon it doesn't stick and you always jump back to your last save point which sucks.
PPAag06
AG
Shot in the dark here...anybody not enjoying their Switch and want to sell it to me?
agfan2013
AG
You probably won't have much luck asking on a thread where guys are talking about a game that's got a 98 on metacritic. If you are wanting a switch badly I'd suggest using this link from Reddit :

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5w1qj5/brickseek_links_are_active_for_gray_neon_switch/

It will show if stores have any in stock so you don't have to just randomly guess and try to get lucky. The link is for Walmart stores, I have no idea if it can do target, Best Buy, or others. I live close to CS and there were still a handful between the several Walmarts in both Bryan and CS and it even showed stuff in stock as far as temple. And that was only looking for the gray one, I didn't look up neon.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thinking about buying a nintendo console just for this game. As someone who hasn't kept up with Nintendo gaming systems since the original Wii, could someone do a breakdown of the differences between playing this on the switch vs the wii u?
PPAag06
AG
Shows all Walmart around me have inventory. I just went to the two closest and both laughed at me saying they have been out since launch. Oh well, back to begging on the forum.
titanmaster_race
agfan2013 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5w1qj5/brickseek_links_are_active_for_gray_neon_switch/

The info on brickseek is garbage. Said they have 11 in stock nearby. Just checked, and they don't have even one.
agfan2013
AG
Interesting, well it seemed to work for a majority of people on Reddit. I didn't test it myself as I don't plan on buying one for a bit.
titanmaster_race
Reddit claims the info is directly from the Walmart inventory system, but I have a hard time believing it.

A search in my zipcode shows that nearly every store has at least a handful of consoles, but I highly doubt that any of them have even one.
agfan2013
AG
I'm seeing suggestions that inventory also includes preorders so those numbers could be right, but the units have been spoken for and just not picked up yet. Don't know how likely that is, but people's life's do get busy sometimes and it might be possible that is really the case. Idk, I saw that Reddit thread on another site as well and people used it to get switches so it must work for a few locations.... again, I'm not buying for awhile so I'm not too worried about it. Just thought it might help those of y'all out who are looking.
titanmaster_race
Frustrations directed at walmart listing preorders as open inventory, not towards you. I appreciate the information.
PPAag06
AG
Ahh ok, that makes sense. Hopefully watching the numbers will help establish a baseline inventory.
hph6203
AG
Haven't even done the final divine beast and I'm still getting a ton of satisfaction out of the shrines, of course I'm using a guide so that I'm not aimlessly walking around looking for them but figuring the puzzles out on my own.
YouBet
AG
Devil's Advocate:. I wonder if this game is getting such great reviews because Nintendo is pretty much non existent in the console world these days. So, they release a decent game and suddenly it's the greatest game ever. When they haven't released anything of significance in several years I could see where this could happen.

I'll standby and await flaming.
bbattbq01
AG
YouBet said:

Devil's Advocate:. I wonder if this game is getting such great reviews because Nintendo is pretty much non existent in the console world these days. So, they release a decent game and suddenly it's the greatest game ever. When they haven't released anything of significance in several years I could see where this could happen.

I'll standby and await flaming.

Having played it I'll say I think it's getting great reviews because it's great.
bbattbq01
AG
QBCade said:

Haven't played it yet - switch & games still sitting in box - so excuse the possibly ignorant question. Is it worth buying any of the Amiibos?

The only thing really worthwhile I've received from the amiibos is a 55 defense shield. They mostly just give you a bunch of cooking ingredients.
Sq1dvm
AG
Quote:

Is it worth buying any of the Amiibos?

Used Ganon Amiibo (already had it from Smash Bros) and got a decent sword, but I'm still very low level, so it may not be impressive to someone who's farther along in the game.
hph6203
AG
It's a genuinely great game that has extensive amount of thought put into it. I just pushed a log into a freezing cold river while in a cave, when the log drifted down stream into open air it froze and became slippery.

I just rolled a snowball down a hill and it collected snow all the way down, growing into a massive snow ball and then melted that snowball with a flaming sword.

The different ways that you can interact with the world and the world interacts with itself is unique in comparison to any other game I've played. It's not a flawless game, but the depth of though put into the world is impressive.
Sq1dvm
AG
Do the horses eventually find their way back to the stables? I kinda left one out in the middle of nowhere, do I have to go back and get him?
Forum Troll
AG
You have to go them. They show up on the map. They'll just stay there forever.

On a somewhat related note, I've killed a couple of horses on accident. My first horse ran off a cliff and ended up in a gully that I couldn't get him out of. I kept clubbing him like a seal to get him moving thinking he might sprint up the cliff but it never happened. Eventually I clubbed him one too many times and he flopped over on his side dead and started floating in a pond.

Second time I quickly jumped off a horse to kill a water buffalo with my thunderspear, but my horse instead was hit by the thunderspear (killing things with this is awesome) and fell over dead.
3rdGen2015
AG
I accidentally got one of mine killed in a skirmish. I felt so bad. His name was Clyde because he looked like a Clydesdale. RIP Clyde.
hph6203
AG
Hate to break it to you, but your clubbing of your horse was in vain. You can go to a stable and request the horse that is already out and have the stable retrieve it for you. It advances time, but you don't have to return to the horse if you leave it behind...
BusterAg
AG
Is this thing multiplyer? If it is single player, I will probably just wait until this time next year and pick it up used.
sjn
AG
Really enjoying this game. I like how completely seamless the map is. Also, glad that the combat is much more challenging than previous Zeldas.

One note - if you want to be somewhat overpowered, you can go to Hyrule Castle in the early portions of the game and grab some high level weapons (sword and bow). I was able to kill the water boss shockingly quickly with these weapons
tamusc
AG
How to revive a dead horse

Possible spoilers if you care

http://www.polygon.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-guide-walkthrough/2017/3/13/14908412/revive-dead-horse-fairy-god-resurrect-malanya
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I stumbled on him yesterday. Gave him 1000 rupees out of curiosity, and since I didn't have any dead horses, loaded the last save to get my money back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, finally got that all black horse I've had my eye on yesterday.
hph6203
AG
Can you stable a skeleton horse? I rode one, but wasn't anywhere near a stable so I didn't try.
HillcountryAg97
AG
Float down onto one with the sail
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
titanmaster_race
You can set up personalized alerts if you make an account on zoolert.com

It will text or email you when an item you designate is in stock for any of a handful of reputable online stores.

Apprently earlier today Target was randomly adding online inventory for the switch and some redditors found it via zoolert.
3rdGen2015
AG
Just started Hyrule Castle. Just had to say that I absolutely LOVE their adaptation of the main theme.
YouBet
AG
If I ever get a Nintendo I will check this out. I really wasn't trying to troll here. Just genuinely curious since I just don't hear much about Nintendo anymore.
3rdGen2015
AG
Just got done with Ganon. Agree with whoever said that he was much easier than some of the Divine Beast bosses (looking at you, Thunderblight). I got the 13 memories as well, I'll have to go see what it actually added. Nothing that stuck out as "extra".

I haven't decided if I'm going to go for the 120 shrines. If I do, I'll probably use a guide for their locations and solve the puzzle myself. Definitely not going for 100% completion though. No way I'm going to find ~430ish Korok seeds.

Overall, fantastic game. Would absolutely recommend.
BenFiasco14
AG
So my attempt at "shrine hunting" using the IGN map has largely failed. Came across three "hidden" without the quest plus the dragon. Only got two legit shrines. Wasted like two hours.

Only have 5 hearts but I guess I'm off to a divine beast... smh I'm pretty pissed
3rdGen2015
AG
So I have 73 shrines and 46 Korok seeds. When you beat Ganon, it gives you a progress percentage while you're playing. I'm at 19.85%. That's nuts.
BenFiasco14
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

So I have 73 shrines and 46 Korok seeds. When you beat Ganon, it gives you a progress percentage while you're playing. I'm at 19.85%. That's nuts.
How have you guys gotten so many shrines

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.