Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

56,490 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First silver lynel I fought was hilarious. 40 deaths.
BenFiasco14
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hell yes. Snapped the perfect shot, too.

How'd you get Majora's Mask?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Once you download the DLC you will get a bunch of new side quests.

If you want me to save you some time, MM is buried in the ruins right on the southern shore of Lake Kolomo in Hyrule Field.
Line Ate Member
AG
Sad to say that none of the new gear can be upgraded. Went to the great fairy with my phantasmagoric gear on...can't upgrade. Bummer.
Jim01
AG
I've been missing my Zelda fix after completing everything. I'll have to grab the DLC this week.
TriumphForks
AG
Trial of the sword is giving me great difficulty. Turns out I suck at fighting.
Predmid
AG
I made it to level 12 on my first attempt. If there are 40 levels, I'm going to have to get a lot better at combat.
Line Ate Member
AG
Actually I think it is 45 levels. The good news...you have breaks between the different difficulties. The sword upgrades as you finish the difficulty. It gets pretty crazy later on in the mid levels. I haven't tried the advanced levels yet.
Predmid
AG
did a quick google on that. I was on the last level of the first tier....sonofa*****
TriumphForks
AG
Can't get the spoiler tags to work right....

Long story short....died on the second to last floor of the final tier. Absolutely infuriating.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haven't gotten past level 8. But I ****ed up majorly on my last try. Stupid electric keese.
TriumphForks
AG
Just beat the final trials. 23 floors, took me an hour and 20 minutes. Last 5 floors or so involve guardians so make sure you are good at parrying their lasers before attempting. Also there are a total of 9 guardian arrows in treasure chests throughout the final trials. They can be used to one shot the lynels and guardians.
TriumphForks
AG
Just watched the current world record speed run. 46 min for the entire trials. Insane.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
8 shrines to go.

Hero's path is a godsend. No way in hell I would've found some of these shrines without it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How many tries did it take you to make it through the final trials?

Finally got through beginning trials yesterday. Middle trials this weekend.
TriumphForks
AG
It took probably 15 tries give or take. There were a few demoralizing attempts where I got far into it and then died. But once I got familiar with weapon placement and enemy patterns, etc. I could get through the early floors pretty quick. Enemy stasis and the "bullet time" jump arrow feature are your friends. Also make sure you stock up on the fairies in the "safe" rooms.
koadie
AG
TriumphForks said:

It took probably 15 tries give or take. There were a few demoralizing attempts where I got far into it and then died. But once I got familiar with weapon placement and enemy patterns, etc. I could get through the early floors pretty quick. Enemy stasis and the "bullet time" jump arrow feature are your friends. Also make sure you stock up on the fairies in the "safe" rooms.

Made the mistake of not sneaking up on a fairy.

Eph: 2:8
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same thing happened to me on the beginning trials. In fact I made it to the final room (didn't realize it was the final room at the time), I had the Hinox on his last 50 HP or so, and he barely grazed me with a tree trunk, which killed me instantly. Had plenty of meals sitting in my inventory, too.

Once I knew what to expect in every room I made it through fairly quickly. Killed the Hinox with full hearts on the next run.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DLC Pack 2 available tonight!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Predmid
AG
The hell was that at the end.

well crap, I know what I'm doing soon. New Zelda run.
howdydamnit04
AG
Damn you all. I keep reading this thread and wanting to buy a switch just for Zelda.
Predmid
AG
DEW EEET.
bigbass1170
AG
I did exactly this. No regrets.
Mucho austin
AG
Just got the switch with Zelda and Odessy for Christmas.

Haven't had much play time with Zelda as my kid has been all over mario. But so far I love the scenery, being able to go anywhere, and the hands off instructions. I like just exploring until I stumble across something.
Mucho austin
AG
I'm sure I really have made about zero progress relative to the game, but I have 5 shrines, 10 korok seeds, paraglider, done a lot of cooking, and have activated 2 towers. Got the first blood moon last night and I love the way it developed. Freaked me out a little.

I am just taking my time and exploring and testing my limitations. Stupid lizards with lasers and midget stone creatures.
OasisMan
AG
convinced the wifey to let us get the "kids" a switch for xmas

botw is amazing
Bryan98
AG
OasisMan said:

convinced the wifey to let us get the "kids" a switch for xmas

botw is amazing

My wife ended up putting more hours in than anyone!
NC2001
AG
This game needs to come with a warning label:

WARNING: Addictive game. Play with caution!

I purchased this game on Sunday prior to my flight overseas, and I played the entire time on the flight...as well as once I got to the hotel. Needless to say, I'm suffering from some very bad jet lag. All because I want to keep finding all the towers to look at a complete map. I'm still trying to figure out how to climb the Central Tower. Those Guardians are a PITA!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Just finished. 10/10 game. So big. Ending was trash, but it's a Zelda game. Other than that, one of the best games I've ever played.
bangobango
AG
Just finished tonight. Hands down best game I've ever played. Whole family loves it, including wife.
Predmid
AG
NC2001 said:

This game needs to come with a warning label:

WARNING: Addictive game. Play with caution!

I purchased this game on Sunday prior to my flight overseas, and I played the entire time on the flight...as well as once I got to the hotel. Needless to say, I'm suffering from some very bad jet lag. All because I want to keep finding all the towers to look at a complete map. I'm still trying to figure out how to climb the Central Tower. Those Guardians are a PITA!

There's a power unlocked by the bird people divine beast that helps that climb immensely. Otherwise, just have enough stamina to constantly jump up and avoid lasers.

It was a tough one that I foolishly decided to get almost immediately after leaving the plateau.
Prime0882
AG
I picked this up back in 2017 and got about halfway through the story (Elephant and Lizard beasts completed) and decided to pick it back up again last night after over a year and a half of not touching it.

Getting back into sync with the combat has been interesting... that, and Nintendo deciding that the right-most button spurs the horse, etc. compared to PS4 games often using the X button (bottom most button) for running/accelerating. I forgot how sluggish the horse was, too.

I was almost tempted to start all over again until I realized there is no ability to have a second save, only five auto-save slots.

Here's to hoping we see the sequel in 2020 or 2021!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Horses aren't very responsive depending on how good the Bond is.
dtkprowler
AG
JRC0811 said:

I picked this up back in 2017 and got about halfway through the story (Elephant and Lizard beasts completed) and decided to pick it back up again last night after over a year and a half of not touching it.

Getting back into sync with the combat has been interesting... that, and Nintendo deciding that the right-most button spurs the horse, etc. compared to PS4 games often using the X button (bottom most button) for running/accelerating. I forgot how sluggish the horse was, too.

I was almost tempted to start all over again until I realized there is no ability to have a second save, only five auto-save slots.

Here's to hoping we see the sequel in 2020 or 2021!
Just an FYI, you can create another profile on your switch itself and boot up BOTW on that. That is what I did. Created profile "Zelda 2" and played and saved separate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.