Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

56,495 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm very much a Leroy Jenkins type fighter. It works for me for the most part except for those damn stupid dancing wizardclown things, those deathify me pretty consistently.
koadie
AG
I like going in guns blazin! Or sword blazin...
Predmid
AG
I'm the "run away, run awaaaaay" guy.
Sq1dvm
AG
I thought I was tough, was wandering around Hyrule castle looking for a memory, doing pretty well thought "maybe I'll try Ganon"..... then a stripey Lynel beat me down and convinced me I need to be tougher before Ganon.
Line Ate Member
AG
Those are tough. Especially the striped ones with the mace. Use their flame breath to shoot up in the air and hit them in the face. Then attack close and mount them and continue to hit them.
titanmaster_race
lynels are the worst
Predmid
AG
Got utterly destroyed by one while wandering & exploring what looked like a coliseum ruin thing.
HortAg09
AG
Lynels arent too bad once you get the hang of it. After beating a few i started going after them regularly. They drop some awesome stuff and alot of their parts are used for gear upgrades. The striped are definitely trickier though. They have a few different attacks that can take you out quick.
TriumphForks
AG
How many weapons should one expect to break in the course of taking down a Lynel?
bthotugigem05
AG
Yes
HortAg09
AG
TriumphForks said:

How many weapons should one expect to break in the course of taking down a Lynel?

I usually use a fully charged Master Sword and then another high level weapon. I tend to use a weapon i received from a previous Lynel since the current one will drop something similar when he's defeated. Id say max 3 weapons and use Urbosa's Fury to do some good damge and stun the Lynel. Also take advantage of the Lynel when he is collapsed to mount him and get some extra shots on it.
Predmid
AG
Quote:

Also take advantage of the Lynel when he is collapsed to mount him and get some extra shots on it.

Wait, what?
titanmaster_race
you can ride on his back (until he bucks you)
Line Ate Member
AG
Yeah it is awesome...parachute down to him, bow to the face as much as your stamina allows, fall near him and hit him a few times, mount and hit a few more times, back away and rinse and repeat.

I have given up trying to get the perfect dodge against the spear and club wielding lynels. They are bad.
Jim01
AG
Lynels are MUCH tougher than Ganon. Ganon is pretty easy once you get the rhythm down.
TriumphForks
AG
Finally got to 80 shrines and killed my first Lynel yesterday. I've only found two fairy fountains though - haven't had much luck with those. The goal is to get to 100 korok seeds (currently at 97) then tackle the 4 "major test of strength" shrines I've been putting off then take on Gannon!
titanmaster_race
Urbosa's fury is so helpful when fighting Lynels, or anything else.
Predmid
AG
I never used that shield block thing and the last part of the fight was me running around until daruks protection recharged.
bthotugigem05
AG
Found a youtube playlist with the soundtrack and really underestimated just how amazing the music is for this game. I guess it felt so restrained during the game that I didn't pay that much attention to it, but man what a masterpiece.
koadie
AG
Missing the memory from the castle, also I got wrecked going into the castle good lord
redass1876
AG
TriumphForks said:

Finally got to 80 shrines and killed my first Lynel yesterday. I've only found two fairy fountains though - haven't had much luck with those. The goal is to get to 100 korok seeds (currently at 97) then tackle the 4 "major test of strength" shrines I've been putting off then take on Gannon!
Killed my first Lynel with only 6 hearts. Done 2 major tests of strength with 7 hearts. I feel like i am not doing things in the right order lol

None of the above was easy as any of them would 1 shot me
Predmid
AG
I'm rounding 90 shrines. Wandering around the map is weird as I almost never hear the shrine radar thing beep anymore. I know of 5 more that I don't know how to open yet and I refuse to look them up until I hit 100 shrines.
Predmid
AG
Also, finally convinced the fiance that she could handle the divine beast. She had major anxiety saying "i'll never be able to beat one". After much poking and prodding, she finally went and completed the Rito divine beast. The glee and joy on her face was awesome.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Glad it wasn't just me wandering around the map aimlessly and picking fights with things too big for me. I'm up to 40 shrines and one bird power, and I can pretty much rock any solo fight. I've done 3 of the major tests of strength and taken down a lionel, a giant thing, and a couple guardians. I still get owned by even small groups of just about anything though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Line Ate Member
AG
Mine did that one as well. I felt terrible for her that the first one she tried was the water one. She got that one down to 1/8 health before she got so frustrated with the mechanics that she handed me the controller. My next goal is for her to beat a lynel. She is also going to fight Gannon.
Sq1dvm
AG
Circle around from the Northwest, I found a boat and took it to a gate in the North. Fought my way through until I could climb up to the spot. Toughest thing I faced were the tall guys (bokoblins I think?) It took some time, but I was able to get the memory, kept exploring and got promptly splatted after that. Oh and then the stupid red moon rose and all the guys I killed resurrected. Yeah for that.
TriumphForks
AG
I also snuck in by boat and managed to get the castle memory without too much trouble. I did have to dodge some guardian lasers but that was before I knew I could parry the lasers with my shield.
koadie
AG
Thank you!!!
Predmid
AG
Any tips on getting shards of Farosh's horn?
Sq1dvm
AG
Have you found the stable that keeps getting hit by lightning? Can't remember what it's called. There's a bridge near that - I camped out on it till night, rode the drafts he makes when he comes and shot him in the horn. It's not super dramatic - I wasn't even sure if I hit him, but there was the shard in the woods nearby. Rubber armor helps.
A is A
AG
It also helps to have the Ancient Bow. it shoots straight...no arc/curve of the arrows... so just aim for the horn and release
Line Ate Member
AG
I did not know that...we will be making another case be of those tonight!
Jim01
AG
- Beat the game
- 120 shrines
- Completed all shrine quests
- Completed all side quests

Map says I'm 30%. lol Apparently the Korok Seeds and the photo book play a big role in that %. I have to say I have no desire to hut down 900 seeds. I have less than 100. Also no real desire to go around taking pictures or pay for them.

Now I just feel sad I have nothing desirable left to do in the game. Just have to wait for some good playable DLC.

Hopefully they took a nice vacation and are now back slaving away at the next Zelda game already
TriumphForks
AG
Finally decided to go and beat ganon. Finished with 100 shrines and 161 korok seeds and all memories.
HortAg09
AG
Predmid said:

I'm rounding 90 shrines. Wandering around the map is weird as I almost never hear the shrine radar thing beep anymore. I know of 5 more that I don't know how to open yet and I refuse to look them up until I hit 100 shrines.
There's quite a few shrines that aren't going to beep since they are buried. I noticed this when i was finishing up the last few before getting all 120.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.