Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

56,530 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoy:

http://www.gosunoob.com/zelda-breath-of-wild/shrines-where-to-find-how-to-complete/

I've located 78 shrines with that guide, haven't even finished the 4th divine beast. It doesn't spoil the puzzles within the shrine, but does explain how to get into some of them.
BenFiasco14
AG
Thanks !
tamusc
AG
Might have to check this out when it comes through Austin!

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/14/14923086/legend-of-zelda-symphony-of-the-goddesses-2017-tour
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My switch tells me I've played 50 hours or more. Two dungeons in, and I'm at 50+ hours.
hph6203
AG
Where do you see this info?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For whatever reason, it only tells you after 10 days of playing.

Go to your profile page to see it. (Click your profile icon at the top of the main menu.)
hph6203
AG
Wow, I've sank 60 hours into this game!?
hph6203
AG
The Korgu Chideh shrine is the best in the game so far, if you've played it you'll know which one it is. It's the most unique one I've seen in 80 shrines, and I doubt there's one more unique.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Found the Master Sword.

Can't pull it out.
Sq1dvm
AG
How tough do you have to be for the Zora divine beast? 6 hearts enough?
hph6203
AG
Yes. If you get hit twice in a row you're going to die, but if you have enough healing items and avoid getting hit you'll be fine. It's not too hard of a fight.

You've really got nothing to lose by trying.
Sq1dvm
AG
Thanks. Got it done, 1st divine beast free.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The zora divine beast fight is hella fun.
coconutED
AG
I'm a little farther along now. Two beasts done, and a little less than half of the shrines.

One thought that occurred to me: as I gather memories and watch the flashbacks, I find that I kind of wish that I were playing through that story rather than the post Apocalypse.
TriumphForks
AG
Definitely agree. But it seems that setting up the story this way is the only way they could set up this open world experience they wanted to go for. The big drawback with these open world games where you can go anywhere, do anything, at whatever time you please in any order you please basically makes it impossible for a compelling story to play out sequentially which by design would be linear in nature.
TriumphForks
AG
And at first I was wondering why people were saying you need 13 hearts......... Now I know.
bbattbq01
AG
I've freed all 4 divine beasts, one dragon, have around 75 shrines I think. Still just loving wandering around looking for shrines, koroks, centaurs, rock monsters etc to kill. Also enjoying that I can finally take out guardians without too much trouble!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm at 65+ hours and only have:

48 shrines
2 divine beasts
1 dragon
6 or so memories
40-50% of the map to explore, at least. (Though map is completed.)

And yet, I'm still completely invested and am not even thinking about finishing yet. I am going to easily surpass the 100 hour mark.
Jim01
AG
See I avoided him for a while because of the hearts comment. Then finally said "Alright let's fight the Zora dude." I died quickly the first 5-6 times then just happen to discover the right combo of weapons and got him easily. My approach was

- Hit with Guardian Arrow
- Rush him and assault with a Guardian weapon (I used the spear and then sword when that broke)
- Repeat

That seemed to kill him pretty quickly.

I just beat the Goran/Lizard Guardian a couple days ago. I might have just got lucky but I managed to beat him on the first try. No deaths! Yeah!

I have:
35+ shrines
2 Divine Beasts
4 Memories

Right now I'm exploring the lower right of the map. I saw the dragon but haven't approached him yet.

Loving this game!
hph6203
AG
13 hearts is for something different.
Sq1dvm
AG
Any pointers for taking down enemies on horseback? I got slaughtered trying to stay on my horse. I can beat them by jumping off and shooting the horses with arrows, but still take heavy damage.
coconutED
AG
On horseback - Equip a spear, lock on to them and spam the attack button as they get close...profit.

On foot - Wait for them to charge you and then side step and swipe them; 9 times out of 10 you'll knock them off their mount. If they're shooting arrows from a horse, they'll start circling you; in that case just run towards them with your shield up and you'll eventually get close enough to attack.
Jim01
AG
I have to say so far I find the horses pretty pointless. Seems like I get places faster just jumping to the nearest temple and walking from there. Most places I've explored so far are so mountain filled the horses can't go where I want.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I went through one of the new unexplored areas (cold area) without a cold resistance set yet. So I was on elixirs and had to make my way through quickly. Did it on horseback.

Also, riding on horseback just looks epic.
Jim01
AG
It does look cool but I guess I quickly get tired of the sheety steering. I understand the more you ride the more obedient they become but I usually tire of them and abandon them quickly
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't realize this for a while, but if you are on a path, you can let go of the joystick and the horse will automatically follow the road.
Sq1dvm
AG
Thanks for the tips, the mounted archers were killing me, been using lots of 2 handed swords (Ganon Amiibo drops them every other day or so) and stupidly forgot about my shield. Gonna try that out next time I run into them.
Jim01
AG
I just happen to see that on the loading screen tips last night. I'll have to try it.

I so far haven't Googled how to do anything on this game, but I'm close to caving on "How the hell do you use a raft!!!!" lol I'm on a beach area and an old man tells me about a treasure and how I can use his raft any old time I want, but I can't for the life of me figure out how the hell to use it and he won't ever tell me!!!
Sq1dvm
AG
Same here. I want to try using one of those Kokori leaf things, but I never seem to have one in my inventory when I run across a raft.
hph6203
AG
Chop down a nearby tree and pick up a Kokori Leaf and use it to blow wind against the sail.

When you get enough inventory space having a Kokori Leaf available at all times is not a huge detriment to your weapons cache.
Jim01
AG
This technique actually occurred to me a little while after posting . Would it have killer the old man to just tell me though?
hph6203
AG
All 120 Shrines, 4 Divine Beast, only 35 Korok Seeds. Still haven't gone after Calamity Gannon.
bbattbq01
AG
hph6203 said:

All 120 Shrines, 4 Divine Beast, only 35 Korok Seeds. Still haven't gone after Calamity Gannon.

Wow, nice shrine hunting! How'd you find that many shrines and not get 70-80 seeds by accident though, you must hate your inventory space
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm more impressed that he managed to do all that and only get 35 korok seeds.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How many hours of gameplay did it take to get all 120 shrines, btw? You use a guide?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.