Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

56,471 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From reddit:
Quote:

The Update just went online. I had severe problems with the Joy-Con, like other people too, when it had no clear line of sight to the Switch.

The update fixed this. I can now cover the Joy-Con with my hand, behind my back, in the other corner of the room and it still works fine.
3rdGen2015
AG
That is strange. It seems like that would be a hardware issue and not a software issue. I'm glad it's getting fixed so quickly though.
Forum Troll
AG
Will be getting for Wii U ASAP!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Nintendo's Magnum Opus. It's not only the best Zelda game ever created, it's also one of the very best videogames in the history of the art. Games like this are so rare that it would be impossible to classify it as anything other than a masterpiece. Experience it at all costs.

For God's sake
A is A
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Nintendo's Magnum Opus. It's not only the best Zelda game ever created, it's also one of the very best videogames in the history of the art. Games like this are so rare that it would be impossible to classify it as anything other than a masterpiece. Experience it at all costs.

For God's sake
damn...

who's review?
Cloud
Forum Troll said:

Will be getting for Wii U ASAP!

Same. I'll play it again on switch when I get one probably next christmas. Gives the console time to bake.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://digitalchumps.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review
BenFiasco14
AG
Does anyone think I'll have an issue buying the Wii U version at Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc tmrw?

Not interested in getting a Switch at least not at this time. I just want Zelda and have a dusty Wii U.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Doubt it. Should be plenty of Wii U copies available.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
THE HYPE IS REAL
Marsh
AG
Here we go!
3rdGen2015
AG
I guess I'm out on this thread until I can get my hands on this. Have fun everyone!
A is A
AG
Is this the *****official***** thread?

no spoilers? spoilers?

just want to know if I should stay away from this thread in the future since I wont have the game until mid April
gigemags03
AG
Just FYI that the Zelda special edition game is avail for order right now at ToysRUs if anyone is looking for it. I just ordered it for my husband because he had been looking for it.
BenFiasco14
AG
UPDATE:

Could not find the Wii U version ANYWHERE today. Tried Target, best buy, walmart, and a Gamestop.

Ended up just downloading on the Nintendo eShop, in retrospect I guess I should have just done that from the start...
Forum Troll
AG
I got my Wii U version at Toys R Us next to NRG Stadium at lunch today. They had at least another Wii U copy left.
Cloud
BenFiasco14 said:

UPDATE:

Could not find the Wii U version ANYWHERE today. Tried Target, best buy, walmart, and a Gamestop.

Ended up just downloading on the Nintendo eShop, in retrospect I guess I should have just done that from the start...

Faster load times.
BenFiasco14
AG
Cloud said:

BenFiasco14 said:

UPDATE:

Faster load times.
Really? I never download games digitally... and it is taking FOREVER. finally got the game installed, now there's a damn update.
tamusc
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Cloud said:

BenFiasco14 said:

UPDATE:

Faster load times.
Really? I never download games digitally... and it is taking FOREVER. finally got the game installed, now there's a damn update.

The initial start up (download and update) takes longer with digital, but after that it should be much faster.
BenFiasco14
AG
tamusc said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Cloud said:

BenFiasco14 said:

UPDATE:

Faster load times.

The initial start up (download and update) takes longer with digital, but after that it should be much faster.
Good deal. Well, I havent used my Wii U in forever so theres just endless updates... I guess ill just watch the Aggie Baseball game and hope its all done by its conclusion...
Cloud
About to leave work. Starting my Wii U download asap when I get home.
BenFiasco14
AG
So I've played for about two hours (Wii U).

Some initial impressions:

The world is absolutely gorgeous. Gameplay is good, what you'd expect from a Zelda game.

There's a new inventory system that includes different types of clothes, and food which regens health (I think cooking is added later on to boost your raw materials)

Minimap works well. Huge map to explore.

One thing I DONT like so far is that the weapons have durability. And at least here in the beginning everything's durability is total ***** So you're constantly breaking and switching weapons (and shields) which I think is pretty annoying. Maybe at some point you get a master sword or something that won't break.

Not very far into the game yet st all but this is going to be fun
Marsh
AG
Really enjoying it. Have to echo above that the weapon durability is an issue. Get a good sword and it's demolished in 10 minutes of minor use. Pretty crappy.

Also, not a fan of the potions and elixirs and everything. Don't like them in any of the games. Too much work. Feel like they'd be a lot of help tho...

Otherwise, the game is beautiful and a ton of fun. Feels great to be back in hyrule!
BenFiasco14
AG
I wasted my time initially trying to fight a guardian not knowing what it was next thing you know ALL my weapons were gone and I was out of arrows. Later found myself running around like a chicken with its head cut off swinging at things with tree branches

Also can anyone tell my how to do a spoiler for future reference?
JBAggie00
Breath of the Wild is now $47.99 for Amazon Prime members
bbattbq01
AG
I tried to kill that same thing but figured out faster you aren't probably supposed to
bbattbq01
AG
And spoiler tags [sp="Click Me"]https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2767263[/sp]

i guess it doesn't like embedded urls or i suck at Texags.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
6 hours in. My God, what a gorgeous game.
bigbass1170
AG
Ugh. I'll be offshore for another month before I can play this. Can't wait.
BenFiasco14
AG
The health bar kept going down I thought I was okay
AustinAg2K
I guess my expectations were too high. I'm enjoying the game, but I'm not blown away yet. Maybe I'm not far enough into the game, but I was expecting something revolutionary based off the reviews. I'm not seeing that. I'm not a big fan of the art style, but that's just personal taste, and I kind of knew I wouldn't really like it based off the preview video. I also don't like the motion controls on the bow and arrow. I find it very frustrating going between using the sticks to tilting the tablet. I do like how they minimized the tutorials at the beginning. I hate when the first two hours of a game is just a walk-through.
AustinAg2K
Also, I don't trust the old man at all.
Cloud
AustinAg2K said:

I guess my expectations were too high. I'm enjoying the game, but I'm not blown away yet. Maybe I'm not far enough into the game, but I was expecting something revolutionary based off the reviews. I'm not seeing that. I'm not a big fan of the art style, but that's just personal taste, and I kind of knew I wouldn't really like it based off the preview video. I also don't like the motion controls on the bow and arrow. I find it very frustrating going between using the sticks to tilting the tablet. I do like how they minimized the tutorials at the beginning. I hate when the first two hours of a game is just a walk-through.

I'm fairly certain that motion controls for aiming are optional.

Firing up my Wii U version sometime today. Can't wait to post my thoughts here.
bbattbq01
AG
Cloud said:

I'm fairly certain that motion controls for aiming are optional.

Firing up my Wii U version sometime today. Can't wait to post my thoughts here.

Yes, they are. Can turn off in options menu.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.