Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

56,499 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
Line Ate Member
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What was your % complete if you don't mind me asking?
TriumphForks
AG
Just under 34%. I got a couple Korok seeds just to see what the change was and it looks like each seed is somewhere between .08-.09%. Of course some weight given to shrines and I'm assuming divine beasts and other objects on the map factor into the percentage.
Line Ate Member
AG
Has anyone done all of the gear upgrading? We are about 3-4 pieces away from having everything maxed out. Does that impact the % complete as well?
ScottBowen
AG
Predmid said:

Any tips on getting shards of Farosh's horn?
Best way I've found to get dragon parts is to do this:

(Shrine spoilers)

- Teleport to the shrine behind the waterfall in Faron at midnight and then use the Zora suit to ride the waterfall to the top. Farosh will appear out of the spring and you can hit it without even having to fly.
- Immediately after that (2-3 AM) teleport to the shrine behind the waterfall in Lanayru Promenade and do the same thing for Naydra.
- Finally, stand on the Tabantha Canyon Bridge at 4-5 AM and you'll see Dinraal flying right toward you.

You can repeat every night and get any part you need.
Predmid
AG
Found easier method.

Light a campfire on the south tower of lake hylia. Sit until morning, Farosh spawns in the morning to the north west, flies right across the bridge for easy parts.

For Naydra - same procedure, but camp on the edge of Lanayru Bay.

Dinraal - Camp at edge of Tabantha Great bridge till mid morning.

HortAg09
AG
Whats the best way to get star fragments? Ive had them land pretty damn close to me and they seem to burn out before i can ever get over to them.
chase128
AG
HortAg09 said:

Whats the best way to get star fragments? Ive had them land pretty damn close to me and they seem to burn out before i can ever get over to them.

I think silver Lynels can drop them
HortAg09
AG
chase128 said:

HortAg09 said:

I think silver Lynels can drop them
Ive only found one and it was in a random chest, it was quite exciting. I've probably killed 20 Lynels without getting one to drop but I'm gonna keep slaying away because they are fun to beat and i need to harvest their organs.
Line Ate Member
AG
My lynels started dropping after they became the white/purple striped ones. Even then, the drop rate is maybe 1 every 7-10.
Predmid
AG
HortAg09 said:

Dark link set and speed boost elixirs
Line Ate Member
AG
Or the stealth gear upgraded twice by the fairies.
3rdGen2015
AG
Use "sp" instead of "spoiler" on the tags
HortAg09
AG
I have both sets so that's no issue. I'll hopefully get some star frags pretty soon!
ScottBowen
AG
HortAg09 said:

Do you have all your shrines found yet? Stand someplace high (like Dueling Peaks) and wait for one to land, mark it, then teleport to the closest shrine. Should be able to get it with plenty of time to spare.
HortAg09
AG
Yep, i just need to put the time to waiting for it. I get distracted too easuly and wander off when im doing something like that. Is there a certain time frame that they fall? And do they fall every night?
Jim01
AG
A question on dragon parts and star fragments. What are you guys using them for?

I remember needing dragon scales for the springs to open but other than that I've never found a need for either of them.
TriumphForks
AG
Equipment upgrades.
Predmid
AG
And good for obtaining the alternate currency.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Is there anything I need the alternate currency for besides what he sells? Since I can't upgrade the clothing or masks.
ScottBowen
AG
Jim01 said:

A question on dragon parts and star fragments. What are you guys using them for?

I remember needing dragon scales for the springs to open but other than that I've never found a need for either of them.
Star fragments are needed to upgrade the Guardian armor set, and one other armor set you'll probably want to upgrade all the way. You'll need six of them total in the game, but since you can find them in treasure chests I wouldn't worry about farming them until you've explored pretty much everything else.

Dragon parts are needed for that second set as well, but if you follow the method I posted above you can get three of them per night and it goes pretty fast.
Super Aggie 64
AG
I finally beat the game after starting it on launch day!

All Shrine Quests, Side Quests, and Memories
120/120 Shrines
273/900 Korok Seeds
46.40% Complete
titanmaster_race
What guide are y'all using to find the korok seeds? I got the Breath Companion android app, but I'm running into the widespread issue of the map not showing up after downloading the 254MB beast.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Once DLC 1 drops I'll get back into it to find the final 15 shrines. With the new map showing all your steps, it'll be easier to see where I haven't explored.
TriumphForks
AG
I'm trying to resist using a guide to find my final 8 shrines but I'm fairly certain most of them are a result of shrine side quests and I feel like I've talked to everyone under the sun multiple times and I'm not finding the additional quests . If Kass' journal that has his locations is an exhaustive list im pretty sure I've found all of his shrines too.
Mr. Timid
Just started playing last week. Beat my first lynel and freed the elephant divine beast recently.
Predmid
AG
Did you find the two behind the giant doors in the snow mountain areas? Gotta drop a snowball from a high cliff?

Bloodmoon shrine?

The melted iceberg looking thing shrine?

THe three hinox brothers shrine quest?

Test of endurance shrine?
TriumphForks
AG
Just found the test of endurance shrine. Pretty sure I have all of those now except maybe the iceberg one? If that one is in the Hebra region then I'm pretty sure I got it.

At this point I'm just waiting for the DLC update Hero's Path feature to see if there's any obvious areas I've yet to explore. From there I will probably just use a guide to pick up the rest.
Predmid
AG
The last few shrines I found were ones that the radar thing doesn't pick up on because they're hidden behind gates or underneath random platforms or one inside/near hyrule castle that I found while searching for royal guard armor and weapons
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Zelda DLC dropped today.

Who has tried it out?
Predmid
AG
I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Will be heading straight to Trial of the Sword tonight.
TriumphForks
AG
Heroes path is a great feature. Looking forward to the trials but now I'm exploring some areas I've missed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes. Snapped the perfect shot, too.
Predmid
AG
Hero's path took like 20 minutes at max speed to go through everything.

Also, I need to share the screenshot of my wife's playthrough. SHe'll walk 5 feet, then warp across the map, walk 5 feet, warp 1 shrine away, walk 5 feet, warp again. Repeat. For her entire playthrough.
TriumphForks
AG
If you zoom out and hold -> it goes a lot faster.

I was amused at some of the towers that took me 10+ deaths to climb because I was stubborn and didn't want to find another way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.