Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

56,532 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titanmaster_race said:

1-2 switch is so fun, if a little overpriced. Fantastic party game. I bring it with me when my family gets together, and we die laughing watching our parents try to samurai each other.
I would get it if it was like $10-15. No way I'm paying $50 for that. It really should have been included like Wii Sports was.
Sq1dvm
AG
Finished 4th beast. Got 15 hearts or so, how tough should I get before I try Ganon?
aggietony2010
AG
You could do it now with a few meals.
bbattbq01
AG
Finally found the last couple memories and finished the game this afternoon. So many koroks in hyrule castle lol

89 shrines 131 koroks

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I finished up the memories quest yesterday also. Last memory is pretty epic.

I also accidentally started the Ganon fight, which I didn't want to do yet. I loaded the last autosave as soon as the cutscene was over.

99 shrines and I want to get all 120 before finishing the game.
TriumphForks
AG
You doing this with or without a guide?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Without.

I've googled about 3 or 4 shrines that I couldn't find, and I googled the area (but not exact location) of the final memory.
bbattbq01
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Without.

I've googled about 3 or 4 shrines that I couldn't find, and I googled the area (but not exact location) of the final memory.

I had to google where one memory was, random one in woods with no landmarks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did you ever talk to the painter that gives you clues about each memory?

I only figured that out about halfway through the memories.
chase128
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I finished up the memories quest yesterday also. Last memory is pretty epic.

I also accidentally started the Ganon fight, which I didn't want to do yet. I loaded the last autosave as soon as the cutscene was over.

99 shrines and I want to get all 120 before finishing the game.
You get something special after doing 120 shrines.
Predmid
AG
Like a free yoshi or something.
bthotugigem05
AG
Just beat Ganon. One of the most thoroughly enjoyable games I've ever played, I was almost sad to see it end. What a masterpiece.

[starts over]
bbattbq01
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did you ever talk to the painter that gives you clues about each memory?

I only figured that out about halfway through the memories.

Yeah, he helped with a few but couldn't find or didn't remember the clue for that specific memory!
bthotugigem05
AG
Be sure to complete the Captured Memories quest, it explains so much of the backstory and actually tugs at the ol' heartstrings a bit. Plus you get the secret ending part.
titanmaster_race
does anyone else miss fighting Ganondorf? I get that he was just a reincarnation of Ganon, but I loved fighting him.
Jim01
AG
I am down to two memories. One is the one with an angle statue in it. I know it's one of the Springs, the one I haven't run across yet. And the other is this one. Impossible to tell where that is based on the picture. I'll probably end up googling it too. I've been searching for a painter dude to help give me a clue but they all seem to have disappeared from where I remember them being.

I broke the 90 mark last night on shrines. Now up to 92.

What happens when you beat Ganon (from a game point of view). Can you keep playing afterwards to complete the shrines and stuff?
I Like Mike
AG
AFAIK yes you can continue the game.
aggietony2010
AG
The game continues from the save before you beat Ganon, except your save has a star next to it now.
3rdGen2015
AG
IIRC, the painter is always around a stable
Jim01
AG
Yeah that's what I remembered and I've been searching a few, just need keep searching.
Jim01
AG
Well I just hopped on for a minute, checked one horse stable and he was there. Boom random forest memory obtained. Then I went to a second stable and instantly ran into a girl with a side quest for the Spring of Power with a hint to it's location and BOOM last memory obtained. 12 for 12 baby!

Of course now Impa has given me the last memory picture and damn it doesn't show much to hint at location. The hunt begins!
koadie
AG
I just beat the 4th beast. The control mechanics are great, I do feel like there need to be more enemies inside them for the following game should they use that mechanic again.
Jim01
AG
Agreed. Also would't mind more of a temple feel where the elements of the land factor into the beast more (sky/water/fire/etc.)

Plus the shrine puzzles are fun, but all the "A Test of Strength" ones are VERY repetitive. Only thing that changes is how many weapons the thing is holding
Jim01
AG
I had to cave and look up the region of the final memory. Don't think I ever would have found that.

Also had to look up how to find the Stalhorse for that side quest: So basically, the game lies to you on that one. The girl in the stale says he appears in the field to the east of the stable. Then in the quest log it also says that he appears in the snowy field on the east side. Yet, he actually appears on he far WEST side of the field. WTF?

Now I only have 1 shrine quest in my log and 2 side quests but both those are people who want stuff from inside the castle, so now I'm exploring the castle. Just got the shield.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I found it in the east, right in front of the labyrinth.
koadie
AG
Told my wife yesterday I was done with the dungeons and can beat the game. I don't want to beat it and wait on the DLC, so I've been playing some PC games, but always come back to shrine hunting and side quests.
Jim01
AG
Weird. it was on the far West by the two skull shaped buildings.
fta09
AG
I did not read the other spoilers as I am early in to the game but let's continue the trend and make people think they're missing out on some epic spoilers.
tamusc
AG
fta09 said:

I did not read the other spoilers as I am early in to the game but let's continue the trend and make people think they're missing out on some epic spoilers.
I accidentally scrolled over your message.....and now I hate you.
Coppell97
AG
After you beat Ganon -- if you have some time to kill and are looking for a hidden side adventure that is well worth your effort -- go back and continue from your last save, and <<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>><<<<SPOILER>>>Good luck on your journey
dcaggie04
AG
Info on 1st DLC

Trial of the Sword:
When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the power of the Master Sword will be awakened, and it will always be in its glowing powered-up state while usable.

Hero's Path Mode:
This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

Hard Mode:
In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!

Travel Medallion:
Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.

More Armor:
There are 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armor themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles. Watch for tips as to the whereabouts of these chests as you travel around Hyrule.
Includes Majora's Mask, Midna's Helmet, Phantom Armor, Tungle's Outfit.

Korok Mask
The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. While wearing this mask, it shakes whenever Link is near a hidden Korok location. There are 900 Koroks hiding in Hyrule, so this should help you discover quite a few of them.
Jim01
AG
"There are 900 Koroks"

DAFUQ?? Is that right? I was just wondering the other day how many there are. I have less than 100 I believe but I never really have tried to find them, just noticed them and grabbed when I saw them.

None of that DLC sounds that great to me.
aggietony2010
AG
This is kind of sample dlc. You have to buy both dlc packs together. This is the first. The second has a storyline expansion.
A is A
AG
Trial of the Sword and Hard Mode interest me.
Predmid
AG
I FOUND A SWITCH.

MWAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

But I have obligations all this week and weekend and the next 4 weekends.

But it doesn't matter because I found a switch!

YAAAAAAY.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.