Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

56,500 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not the kind of person that gets enjoyment out of just wandering around searching for stuff. I enjoy the puzzles more than the exploration so yeah I used a guide after doing the first 30-40 shrines that I found on my own. To get all 120 shrines without a guide I'd guess you'd need to play in excess of 100 hours (one in particular is a total freaking *****). I only used the guide to locate the shrines, but not solve the shrine puzzles.

I have all the memories done as well.

Inventory wise I haven't really had any issues. Until I made the mistake of chopping trees down for my house with weapons rather than blowing them up with bombs. I'm going to shift over to doing all of the side quests that I've already completed ~1/2 of so far.

I just know that once I beat Calamity Gannon that I'm going to be done with the game, so I'm squeezing as much out of it as I can.

As for hours played, somewhere between 75-80 hours.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

To get all 120 shrines without a guide I'd guess you'd need to play in excess of 100 hours
Definitely. I passed the 80 hour mark and am only at around 62 shrines. But I get enjoyment out of the exploration and finding stuff on my own, so no complaints.

And still have one divine beast left (just arrived at Goron City), and 4 memories left to go. I'd guesstimate I'll probably wrap up the game around 120 hours, if I try to get all the shrines.
OnlyForNow
AG
Here is the question everyone wants to ask but no one is...

Can you fish?!
coconutED
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Here is the question everyone wants to ask but no one is...

Can you fish?!
If by fish, you mean diving into the water to grab one before it gets away, then yes. Alternatively, you can throw a bomb (they float!) in the middle of a school of fish and detonate it. Shock arrows work pretty good too.

Now, if you're looking for a fishing rod...you're SOL.
titanmaster_race
You can use a shock arrow or rod in the water to kill a ton of fish at the same time
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A new update came out last night that has apparently fixed the framerate drop issues.
Sq1dvm
AG
We're all thinking it, so I'm just gonna say it. The Great Fairies are dudes in drag, right?
OnlyForNow
AG
Seemed that way in OoT...
bbattbq01
AG
Sq1dvm said:

We're all thinking it, so I'm just gonna say it. The Great Fairies are dudes in drag, right?

Must need the 10k rupees to complete the transition.
koadie
AG
So I just bought a switch and he game.... the addiction begins
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Officially a virtual homeowner.

Also, man the Dark Link set looks badass.
tamusc
AG
Clever flying machine contraption.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/4/15182450/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-flying-machine-map-video
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
3rdGen2015
AG
Too soon
koadie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Officially a virtual homeowner.

Also, man the Dark Link set looks badass.
How does one get that?!
coconutED
AG
The character that deals in the alternate currency sells them after you make enough progress.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep.

Collect any and all monster parts.
Tanya 93
Bunny Santa brought this game last night.

Someone has been playing it for almost 2 hours.

The graphics are cool.
I know what I am doing when people are at school and work tomorrow...
Predmid
AG
I cannot find a switch anywhere.
chipotle
Predmid said:

Where you at?
Predmid
AG
Midland.
chipotle
Predmid said:

Midland.

ewwww. Well, best luck I've had finding game systems have been the small town walmarts. Maybe call up fort stockton or big spring.
Predmid
AG
I want one, but not enough to go and do something crazy like that.
titanmaster_race
sorry if this has already been discussed, but is anyone else disappointed with the temples (aka divine beasts) in botw? My favorite part of Zelda games has always been the temples. Long, difficult challenges and puzzles that reward you with an item integral to the next phase of the game.

The shrines are great, but don't have nearly the same feel, and they aren't meant to. And the divine beasts seem to be awfully short and simple.

Still an amazing game and possibly my favorite open world game to date, but I can't put it above OoT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think they're pretty fun, (and more difficult than they seem at first glance), but definitely too short.

Considering the size of the map, I think they could've easily doubled the number of divine beasts. That, or make them a bit larger.
titanmaster_race
controlling the divine beasts with the sheikah slate is a cool mechanic
koadie
AG
I thought the first temple was hard because I took it on with terrible armor and had a total of 5 hearts. Now I'm coasting through it.
Jim01
AG
Kind of agree. And the bosses are all identical for the most part. There is no difference in strategy of attack between any of them. Shoot in the eye with arrow, pound with a weapon, repeat.

Right now I have:
- 4 Define Beasts
- All Areas of Map
- 79 Temples
- 50 something Korok Seeds
- Master Sword

All of that is without using a guide or googling anything. I don't really understand the people who just use a guide right from the get go, but to each their own.

I don't really have many pending side quests so I'm just wondering around doing random stuff right now.

It kind of blows my mind that I only have 2/3 of the temples. As much as I've just wondered around and always having the temple detector on it's crazy to think I missed 40 of them!!!
Jim01
AG
So what was this for? The master sword?
hph6203
AG
Yes. With anything less than 13 hearts you die during your second attempt, at least from my binder standing.
titanmaster_race
I think it only counts base hearts, not the additional yellow ones, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep.

I'm 110+ hours and still haven't hit 100 shrines. Think I'm at 98.
fta09
AG
Predmid said:

I got one at GameStop a couple weeks ago.

Sign up for alerts on istocknow.com and they will send you an email when stores get them in. The website was off initially with Walmart inventories but it updated me when GS got them. Called, confirmed, then went and bought one.
koadie
AG
fta09 said:

Predmid said:

I got one at GameStop a couple weeks ago.

Sign up for alerts on istocknow.com and they will send you an email when stores get them in. The website was off initially with Walmart inventories but it updated me when GS got them. Called, confirmed, then went and bought one.
My wife told me to just bite the bullet and buy the gamestop bundle. I got in three days when I was told it wasn't coming for two weeks. Totally worth it. Comes with one two switch (good little party game), snipper clips, and BOTW. My wife even plays One Two Switch, and snipper clips.
titanmaster_race
1-2 switch is so fun, if a little overpriced. Fantastic party game. I bring it with me when my family gets together, and we die laughing watching our parents try to samurai each other.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.