Nintendo Switch - Buying or not?

47,573 Views | 471 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pman17
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
k20dub said:

It is funny to think about how I grew up complaining when there wasn't light to see my Gameboy and now my kids will grow up complaining when there isn't wifi for their Nintendo.
You mean you didn't have one of these?

Bryan98
AG
Bryan98 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

From reddit:
Quote:

The Update just went online. I had severe problems with the Joy-Con, like other people too, when it had no clear line of sight to the Switch.

The update fixed this. I can now cover the Joy-Con with my hand, behind my back, in the other corner of the room and it still works fine.

There seem to be far more reports that the patch doesn't help with joycon connectivity, unfortunately.
And the latest rumor is that you need to have the joycons docked when you restart the machine after the update in order for their firmware to be updated, which might possibly fix the problem. As usual, there are conflicting reports.

My neon Switch is in Georgia right now...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good to know. Will do that.

And mine is in NJ. I'm in Long Island so it's close.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm confused about the WalMart stock tracker. Is that consoles in store that are ready for sale at midnight/when the store opens tomorrow?
hph6203
AG
I assume so. Who knows if it's actually accurate.
Super Aggie 64
AG
It is consoles in the store. It might include preorders also.
Pman17
AG
Got an email, my Switch is ready for pick up at Best Buy for tomorrow.
k20dub
AG
Wormlight or GTFO
3rdGen2015
AG
Pro controllers in stock at Overstock.com. Free standard (2-15 business day) shipping for the normal $69.99.
A is A
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Pro controllers in stock at Overstock.com. Free standard (2-15 business day) shipping for the normal $69.99.
showing out of stock now.
tamusc
AG
Finally got shipping notification on the console, so I'll have the Switch, Joy-Con Charging grip and Pro Controller by 8pm tomorrow!

Perfect timing too because I'm getting dragged to a wedding on Saturday, lol.
Super Aggie 64
AG
In line at Best Buy
3rdGen2015
AG
Went to the Walmart near my house on the way home from work. They said they wouldn't know their stock for walk-ups until they get it off the truck. I got that response around 6. Seems odd that it isn't off the truck yet.
Jim01
AG
Got tracking. Mine is in San Marcos. Ohhh yeah.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Got my ticket at Best Buy!
#12 in line
dragmagpuff
AG
My Houston Best Buy did their Midnight launch on New York time... Had about 100 Switches, but ran out of physical copies of Zelda at 25 people in... I got Zelda, my brother did not.
3rdGen2015
AG
Got mine off prime now. It doesn't deliver to my house but it delivers to my office!! If you're a Prime customer, go check that! It'll be at my office between 10-12 tomorrow!
Bryan98
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Got mine off prime now. It doesn't deliver to my house but it delivers to my office!! If you're a Prime customer, go check that! It'll be at my office between 10-12 tomorrow!
I got one off Prime Now also, to replace my delayed Best Buy Switch! Yeehaw!
3rdGen2015
AG
I've been refreshing the app for the last 15 minutes because people on Reddit reported that they were showing up before midnight. Pumped that I was able to get one.
Bryan98
AG
dragmagpuff said:

My Houston Best Buy did their Midnight launch on New York time... Had about 100 Switches, but ran out of physical copies of Zelda at 25 people in... I got Zelda, my brother did not.
I just got a copy of physical Zelda from the Best Buy website with in-store pick-up to the nearest store.

Hopefully the stores have some allocation to online sales.
lobwedgephil
Bryan98 said:

3rdGen2015 said:

I got one off Prime Now also, to replace my delayed Best Buy Switch! Yeehaw!
How did you know yours got delayed? Mine left Fort Worth tonight, so hoping it makes it for tomorrow.
hph6203
AG
Have two sketchy orders, one through Prime Now, the other is through the Walmart availability that popped up Tuesday night, if Amazon comes through tomorrow morning I'll cancel Walmart, and vice versa. If they both fail, then I'll just have to be patient.... Amazon's stock on Prime Now disappeared after I placed my order.
Bryan98
AG
Mine is in Alabama.
Bryan98
AG
hph6203 said:

Have two sketchy orders, one through Prime Now, the other is through the Walmart availability that popped up Tuesday night, if Amazon comes through tomorrow morning I'll cancel Walmart, and vice versa. If they both fail, then I'll just have to be patient.... Amazon's stock on Prime Now disappeared after I placed my order.
I showed it out of stock in Houston a little bit ago, but right now they are showing it is in stock again. Maybe check periodically?
hph6203
AG
The order went through, just dunno if it is going to end up being an error on their part. Had it in my cart for like 15 minutes before hitting submit, so it may have just been a discrepancy with my app and their stock is what I'm getting at.

I'd like to have the device on day one, but I won't be heartbroken if both fall through. I'd be surprised if both of those retail giants had that big of an issue tracking stock levels, but who knows.
heddleston
AG
Pfft....

Jim01
AG
Mine says Out For Delivery. Woo hoo!

Following the comments on NowInStock it seems like it's not as scarce as you might think. Seems like if you got up early it was not to hard to find one, and they popped up on many different sites during the night.

bbattbq01
AG
How were other hardware supplies? I'm outside target waiting for them to open in a minute hoping to get a pro controller.
hph6203
AG
Amazon came through on their order and delivered 30 minutes before they were supposed to. Just ordered a physical copy of BOTW through Best Buy.
aarjon
Brickseek showing a lot available! I got mine this morning.
hph6203
AG
Target shows in stock/out of stock online for individual stores, but you can't order for pick up.
bbattbq01
AG
Holy crap they only had 2 controllers. Snagged one
bbattbq01
AG
Got neon console too and zelda special edition
dragmagpuff
AG
The hardware ratios between stores seems so weird. Best Buy ran out of Zelda copies, but had a lot of Pro Controllers. My brother was able to crash a Gamestop midnight launch and got a physical copy of Zelda there, but they only had less than 5 Switches for non-preorders...
hph6203
AG
Console is pretty freaking snappy between menus and from sleep to wake.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.