Rocket League

171,949 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
theNetSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sdc177 said:

I probably not going to play now. The mad dash to get our house ready for company this weekend is on.
You were kickin some butt last night, too.
theNetSmith
AG
theNetSmith said:

sdc177 said:

I probably not going to play now. The mad dash to get our house ready for company this weekend is on.
Mainly MY butt.
sdc177
AG
theNetSmith said:

theNetSmith said:

sdc177 said:

Mainly MY butt.
haha, you need to cough up $15-20 for a headset:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_36_5?rnid=386453011&keywords=pc+gaming+headset&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A229575%2Cn%3A318813011%2Cn%3A402053011%2Ck%3Apc+gaming+headset%2Cp_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_72%3A2661618011&qid=1486048987&low-price=&high-price=20&x=10&y=11

it will be easier to yell at you for ball chasing this way.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Sounds like I missed some drama!
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Just wanted to post the link for the tournament one more time in case anyone missed it.

Tournament Link

Hopefully we can get a few more people/teams signed up. Right now we only have 5 people signed up and one complete team.

theNetSmith
AG
sdc177 said:

haha, you need to cough up $15-20 for a headset:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_36_5?rnid=386453011&keywords=pc+gaming+headset&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A229575%2Cn%3A318813011%2Cn%3A402053011%2Ck%3Apc+gaming+headset%2Cp_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_72%3A2661618011&qid=1486048987&low-price=&high-price=20&x=10&y=11

it will be easier to yell at you for ball chasing this way.
I was planning to go to walmart after work today to pick up a cheap one. :P
theNetSmith
AG
Whooooooooooooooop said:

Link To Register For Tournament This Thursday (2/2).

2v2 Tournament starting at 7pm. PC/PS4 Players will be able to participate.

It will start with a Round Robing to determine Bracket Seeding.

Hope everyone can make it!
I've never participated in something like this. How exactly do we "congregate" at 7?

mud, will you be available to do some audio testing beforehand?
FightinAggie07
AG
Haven't heard definitely from HB yet, so I think I'm enlisting Dork to be my partner. Can you make a note of it, or do I have to get him over here to physically sign himself up?
Gregg Papivich
PS4/pc?
FormerLefty
AG
He can just sign up on the smash.gg site. No need to create a texags account unless he wants to talk trash.
fav13andac1)c
AG
I don't have a mic. Sorry. I get off work at 6, so I will probably only have time to login and join and play.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
theNetSmith said:

Whooooooooooooooop said:

Link To Register For Tournament This Thursday (2/2).

2v2 Tournament starting at 7pm. PC/PS4 Players will be able to participate.

It will start with a Round Robing to determine Bracket Seeding.

Hope everyone can make it!
I've never participated in something like this. How exactly do we "congregate" at 7?

mud, will you be available to do some audio testing beforehand?

Just register/ sign up for the tournament using the link and then at 7 check the website. At 7 (or shortly after) there will be brackets and instructions for creating private matches. It is fairly straightforward once you see it.

I am hoping to make this a Round Robin>Brackets tournament since there are not a lot of teams. That way everyone can play a few games against different people. It is a little more complicated to set it up this way though, so I apologize in advanced if things are a little rough at the beginning.
Predmid
AG
Casually joined the PAX rocket league tournament with some random dude looking for a partner.

Ended up getting my ass STOMPED by some world ranked player in humiliating fashion. It was bad. Real bad.

I'd hit the ball and all of a sudden they're jumping off the ceiling and scoring from half way across the field.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
If anyone wants to watch a live stream of our massive 3 team tournament, click here.
theNetSmith
AG
Whooooooooooooooop said:

If anyone wants to watch a live stream of our massive 3 team tournament, click here.
Yikes! Noooooooo.
FormerLefty
AG
theNetSmith said:

Whooooooooooooooop said:

Yikes! Noooooooo.
fav13andac1)c
AG
WE SUCK AGAIN
fav13andac1)c
AG
lol Niza and I finished off true Aggie football style.
theNetSmith
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

lol Niza and I finished off true Aggie football style.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
There were some close games! Yall had a nice comeback down 4-0 in the first series.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Thanks! Yeah we were feeling pretty good about that one. Then we played the Bama equivalent with yall, haha. Y'all are a great team!
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Thanks! We play together a good amount. It definitely to have a pretty good understanding of what your teammate is going to do. Helps rotation, passing, etc. but most importantly, it helps you steal their goals.
FightinAggie07
AG
We noticed you run a couple set pieces... definitely above our pay grade.
theNetSmith
AG
When I was watching the stream, I could hear Booty talking, but not FL. Makes sense, tho, since it was Booty's stream. Having headsets is a big help, I'm sure, but I don't think I ever heard you say, "I got it" or "going back". Though there was one time when you asked FL to lob one up for you (which he did). Y'all definitely make a great team playing together.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Strange that you couldn't hear Lefty. I just assumed his voice would be on there too. I rarely use Twitch, so it is not surprising I messed that up.

Every now and then we will let the kickoff through and try to setup a little give and go. That is really the only "play" we ever use.

Occasionally we will call the ball or say something like "in goal" but there is a delay on PS4 party chat, so most the time we just have to see where we are/the other team is and react accordingly. The biggest use of the mic for me is telling Lefty how terrible he is if he misses a save/easy shot.

Asking Lefty to lob one up and actually having him do that AND put it within 20 feet of me is nothing short of a miracle. Usually it just ends up being a great pass to the other team that leads to an easy goal.
FightinAggie07
AG
It felt like you ran a play... you camped out a bit away from a stationary ball a little back of the middle side boost (your right hand side of the map)... basically lured me toward the ball before you dribbled it past me, then Lefty came from the left corner to catch your pass near the upper left side of the post. Thankfully Dork was there for the save. Definitely felt scripted.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Unless people are interested in another tournament this Thursday, I will not be setting one up. It would be easier to just play some private matches without having to go through the website. Hope we can get some games whether that be 2v2, 3v3, or a tournament.
theNetSmith
AG
I bought a headset last week and used it in RL (via Curse) for the first time over the weekend whilst playing several games of 2s and 3s with a group of guys. It was very strange at first, but once I got accustomed to it... wow... it really changes the game!

Strangest part about that session was that we had 4 guys on the "call" at one point but one of them was playing a different game -- Battlefield? -- and he was talking about weapons with one of the guys who was in RL with me.
FightinAggie07
AG
I guess it could be strange at first, but for me it's hard to remember not having the technology! I was running end-game raids on WoW while using Ventrillo chat with my guild maybe 10 years ago!
shertown04
AG
Used ventrilo 15 years ago on the original Call of Duty games. For team games, especially those like Battlefield or CoD where you have an objective, it's pretty essential since you can coordinate attacks and relay info about opposing snipers and vehicles. For rocket league it is useful if for nothing more than just calling a ball or telling someone you are going for boost. If you get a 3v3 with everyone in a party together it is essential for elaborating on the "what a save!" after someone misses an easy save or just generally talking trash.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
One of my best goals in ranked from the other day.....

Edits: I am bad at posting links.
Buck O Five
AG
Nice.
shertown04
shertown04
AG
Oops.

How I feel playing with randoms.
Gil Renard
AG
AginHi can you add me to the original post

PSN: TexasAggies05 I'll start adding

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.