Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,795 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Sorry I was right about the polling averages, and I'm sorry they didn't go your way…

I tried to warn y'all…
The ones in 2020? That said that Trump lost the election?

Those were accurate, right?

Because, I'd hate to think you were being hypocritical about polls...

You're lashing out…I forgive you…rough day…
Ag with kids
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Remember...the Lincoln Project was started as a "Republican" project to prevent Trump from being elected.

Of course, it was really a left wing project disguised that way and as time goes on, they show their true colors more and more.
Waffledynamics
AG
FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Sorry I was right about the polling averages, and I'm sorry they didn't go your way…

I tried to warn y'all…
The ones in 2020? That said that Trump lost the election?

Those were accurate, right?

Because, I'd hate to think you were being hypocritical about polls...

You're lashing out…I forgive you…rough day…
You don't learn how to not alienate people. Be quiet.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Dark_Knight said:

So you DeSantis guys are going to back Trump, right?

If the choice is Biden or Trump that's not really a choice at all. I hate it but I'll hold my nose and vote for Trump again in the general.

It's just incredibly frustrating to watch the one viable Republican candidate that Biden is likely to beat become the nominee largely on the basis of emotion and spite from the GOP electorate. Biden is probably going to become the most statistically unpopular President in US history to successfully run for re-election, and it would have been so easy to prevent. But instead we're gonna pull a Dan Campbell and keep going for two from the 7 because we're pissed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dark_Knight
AG
Ag with kids said:

Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

You brought up viability.

Nearly all the polls have asked this in their surveys, but it doesn't get reported in the top line results.
See page 16
https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2024-01/Reuters%20Ipsos%20Large%20Sample%20Survey%20%23%201%20January%202024%20Topline.pdf

This one is for primary voters. Trump loses a third of GOP voters here.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/12/19/us/elections/times-siena-poll-likely-electorate-crosstabs.html

RCP doesn't aggregate it either.

If convicted, it's going to be an electoral disaster. Say what you will about the validity of the charges, Trump avoiding conviction on every one of the 91 charges is extremely unlikely.

The validity of the charges is laughable…

The people pursuing these things are enemies of the republic…something is eventually going to have to come to a head…and the there will be blood in the streets…
BTW, this is the stuff that turns off the independents even though it makes MAGA giddy.

Oh boo hoo, seriously? So they'd rather waste a vote instead?
And I see you don't understand that the entire electorate is not comprised of MAGA.

Independents won't view it as wasting a vote. They'll view it as not voting for someone they really don't like or want to be POTUS. It's really not a difficult concept.

It's not difficult. Voting for some random independent is going to be a wasted vote. We need to boot out the Marxist, not help them. But you do you.
TexAgs91
AG
Dark_Knight said:

So you DeSantis guys are going to back Trump, right?
Of course
Fight! Fight! Fight!
911sAg
Texas is not purple stop with that nonsene, GOP dominates this state.
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

We deserve the two moronic, dementia-addled liberals then.

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.

Splitting the GOP vote is a vote for Biden or whatever commie takes over. You may not like it but it's irrefutable basic math.
Vote for Trump OR ELSE!

The guilt trip campaign slogan.

My guy sucks balls but the other guy is worse.

Rah Team!

Stop your whining and show the math to support your position.
Math?

I'm in Texas. If Trump needs my vote to win, he's REALLY ****ed up the election.

There. Math.
Ha! Texas is purple
You don't know what a purple state looks like then.

When was the last Democrat elected in a state-wide election? How about the vote for POTUS?

How did the RGV pick up REPUBLICAN seats in the last election?

As is typical, the big city centers are blue. But the rest of the state stays solidly red...and hispanics are either staying at around 35/65 GOP or moving to a move even split.
Aggies2009
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

Nearly all the polls have asked this in their surveys, but it doesn't get reported in the top line results.
See page 16
https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2024-01/Reuters%20Ipsos%20Large%20Sample%20Survey%20%23%201%20January%202024%20Topline.pdf

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/12/19/us/elections/times-siena-poll-likely-electorate-crosstabs.html

If convicted, it's going to be an electoral disaster. Say what you will about the validity of the charges, Trump avoiding conviction on every one of the 91 charges is extremely unlikely.

The people pursuing these things are enemies of the republic…something is eventually going to have to come to a head…and the there will be blood in the streets…
BTW, this is the stuff that turns off the independents even though it makes MAGA giddy.

And I see you don't understand that the entire electorate is not comprised of MAGA.

Independents won't view it as wasting a vote. They'll view it as not voting for someone they really don't like or want to be POTUS. It's really not a difficult concept.

It's not difficult. Voting for some random independent is going to be a wasted vote. We need to boot out the Marxist, not help them. But you do you.
No no no! Some people don't get their way so they're totally gonna show YOU what's up!
Ag with kids
AG
911sAg said:

I don't agree with you much, but this is 100% correct.
TexAgs91
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

See page 16

I learned my lesson in '92. I voted for Ross Perot (independent) because I didn't like Bush Sr. You have 2 right leaning candidates that between them would get probably 60% of the country to vote for them. Instead, the 40% of the country wins with Clinton.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
bobbranco
AG
Ag with kids said:

bobbranco said:

I think some grown ass men have some bizarre and scary dreams about Trump.
You're talking about his supporters, right?
Nope. Those with TDS. Keeps them up at night and makes them hide their wimmen. Lol.
JW
AG
Not surprising, but timing is a little odd. Would be a great VP.
Ag with kids
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

See page 16

No no no! Some people don't get their way so they're totally gonna show YOU what's up!
Oooh...threaten and then insult.

It's a time proven method to get people to view things your way.
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

I don't agree with you much, but this is 100% correct.
Give me a break. We can't even have a rule that says when republicans win, they can't appoint democrats to committees.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Infection_Ag11
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.

Splitting the GOP vote is a vote for Biden or whatever commie takes over. You may not like it but it's irrefutable basic math.
Vote for Trump OR ELSE!

Rah Team!

Math?

I'm in Texas. If Trump needs my vote to win, he's REALLY ****ed up the election.

There. Math.
Ha! Texas is purple

Texas hasn't voted blue in a statewide or national election since what, 1990? That's not a purple state.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

See page 16

I learned my lesson in '92. I voted for Ross Perot (independent) because I didn't like Bush Sr. You have 2 right leaning candidates that between them would get probably 60% of the country to vote for them. Instead, the 40% of the country wins with Clinton.
I voted Perot, too.

Would LOVE to vote for him in this election.

Instead, I get 2 people that are about his age...
Ag with kids
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Vote for Trump OR ELSE!

Rah Team!

Math?

There. Math.
Ha! Texas is purple

Texas hasn't voted blue in a statewide or national election since what, 1990? That's not a purple state.
1992, I think. The GOP swept the statewide elections in 1994 and have been rolling ever since.
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Vote for Trump OR ELSE!

Rah Team!

Math?

There. Math.
Ha! Texas is purple
You don't know what a purple state looks like then.

When was the last Democrat elected in a state-wide election? How about the vote for POTUS?

How did the RGV pick up REPUBLICAN seats in the last election?

As is typical, the big city centers are blue. But the rest of the state stays solidly red...and hispanics are either staying at around 35/65 GOP or moving to a move even split.
LOL Dade Phelan is the Speaker of the House. Republicans may have the numbers in Texas, but dems run the state.

And then there's John Cornyn. Maybe you don't know what a red state looks like.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TRM
AG
Early polls show Cruz with a 41-40 lead over Allred or Gutierrez. It will be interesting to monitor going forward.
Rapier108
TRM said:

Early polls show Cruz with a 41-40 lead over Allred or Gutierrez. It will be interesting to monitor going forward.
Democrats have a golden opportunity to take that seat.

Cruz is not well liked because too many idiots don't like how he talks or "comes off."

Trump dragging down the ballot.

Democrats have basically unlimited $$$ to spend and the GOP is broke thanks to Trump and Ronna. Texas will be their #1 target.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Aggies2009
AG
Not really. Same thing happened when Robert O Rourke ran against Cruz. Not liked. Tons of money backing him from the west coast. And he got smacked.

Then again in 22. Abbott was hammered over ERCOT and Uvalde. And Robert got a lot of money backing him and lost even worse.
Brother Shamus
I don't know - you hardly hear a peep from Cruz. All I know is this state is flooded with illegals, property taxes are high, road construction take eons, toll roads are the norm and public school districts are trash. I guess we're better than most other places but damn the expectations are low.
Waffledynamics
AG
It was all bull**** sycophantism, like anyone with half a brain knew.

If Trump supporters will not admit what happened, what they did, and what Trump's lies and failures are, I cannot in good faith support the same candidate they do. This is absurdism to its highest in this election cycle.
shiftyandquick
Brother Shamus said:

I don't know - you hardly hear a peep from Cruz. All I know is this state is flooded with illegals, property taxes are high, road construction take eons, toll roads are the norm and public school districts are trash. I guess we're better than most other places but damn the expectations are low.
Cruz is mainly selling his new book.
Rapier108
There is a lot of DeSantis hate still residing with MAGA. Many of them will never get over that he dared to challenge Trump. Just go read Free Republic. They hate DeSantis as much now if not even more so and still want him ground to dust.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
bobbranco
AG
Rapier108 said:

Just go read Free Republic.
Yeah. That place is cray cray. Worse than the libertarian peeps in many ways. Don't get me started.

No thanks.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

SA68AG said:

Ag with kids said:

SA68AG said:

It's a sad time when the country rejects someone who could actually effectively govern and turn this country around.

I'll vote for Trump in the general as I did in 2016 and 2020 but this time I won't be contributing any money to his campaign - I'm not paying for his legal fees.

I have no doubt Trump will lose the general by continuing to say and do stupid things that will drive independents and suburban women back to Biden even though they know Biden is incompetent and his policies will hurt them economically.
This is the HUGE problem looming not just for Trump, but for the GOP. MAGA may donate, but Not Trump won't. Which means a small pool of money for the general...for the down ballot candidates included.
Your absolutely on point.

Unfortunately it's a problem Trump himself has created by putting his personal interests above the country's interest.

Trump is all about himself and to hell with the party, the downstream candidates and the country.

Is he? SCOTUS picks on line 2 for you…

If he is all about himself and not the country, why didn't he just pick his own SCOTUS nominees and throw his "what's best for conservative America" list out the window?
Trump picked the candidates he was told to pick and it was absolutely in his interest to do so. McConnell had already done the hard work of clearing the road with the filibuster gone. It's not like Trump has deep seated Constitutional thoughts on legal issues.

I'll give him credit for doing that but it would have been foolish for him not to.

Agree would have been foolish, but for some folks, they'd argue "that's never stopped him from being foolish before!"

He made great picks from a great list that benefited states' rights in America…so he did something that benefitted America, and God bless him for it…
Correct, but you had responded that to a question about him doing something for himself and not the country. Appointing those Justices was definitely beneficial to himself. Might even keep him out of jail in the end.

Name one time where nominating a SCOTUS justice was NOT beneficial to the man doing it?
You are the one who brought up SC Justices, he just said anything that Trump had done that was not beneficial for him but was for the country. Trump has strengths but being selfless isn't really one of them. That also doesn't make him terribly unique among politicians.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Agsrback12
This group pulling the Biden puppet strings are actually going to pull this off.

Crazy.
FireAg
AG
Nominating those three justices was great for the country I want…frankly the only firewall we have right now that gives our republic the slimmest of chances to survive…
evan_aggie
AG
Agsrback12 said:

This group pulling the Biden puppet strings are actually going to pull this off.

Crazy.

Someone needs to keep them fat and fed.
aggie93
AG
Ag with kids said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Vote for Trump OR ELSE!

Rah Team!

Math?

There. Math.
Ha! Texas is purple

1992, I think. The GOP swept the statewide elections in 1994 and have been rolling ever since.
'90 every office went Blue but Ag Commissioner where Perry won a tight race as a new Republican. '94 W Bush won and they picked up some other offices. '98 was a Clean GOP Sweep and they haven't lost a Statewide office since.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
bobbranco
AG
We hope.
Waffledynamics
AG
FireAg said:

Nominating those three justices was great for the country I want…frankly the only firewall we have right now that gives our republic the slimmest of chances to survive…
You want a justice that just imagines trans people as being part of the Civil Rights Act beneficiaries?
FireAg
AG
bobbranco said:

We hope.

We are in desperate times…can't deny that…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.