Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,626 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man the tears are flowing on the TexAgs

MookieBlaylock
AG
Just inches away from the victory two
Ags77
AG
It's been over for quite awhile. He just never connected for some reason. Hope he runs again in 2028.
BenFiasco14
AG
911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.
how can you say that if he can't even win a primary?

Do you not understand the difference between republican primary voters in Iowa versus the general do election where everyone votes?
Do you understand that if Desantis couldn't persuade gop voters he wasn't getting the crossover vote?

No, I don't because that's completely illogical. Persuading a MAGA wing is nowhere near the same as peeling off true swing voters.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AggieBucksJB
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Yes many RD supporters on here, I am one of them and he has a bright future in 2028 but he was smart to drop out now in 2nd place. He would be third place after the New Hampshire primary.

Trump has too much of a lead and I will support him moving forward. Nikki Haley is too much of a globalist and Biden is the worst President in my lifetime and that includes Jimmy Carter.
MookieBlaylock
AG
He isn't in 2nd place tho

911sAg
BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.

Do you not understand the difference between republican primary voters in Iowa versus the general do election where everyone votes?
Do you understand that if Desantis couldn't persuade gop voters he wasn't getting the crossover vote?

No, I don't because that's completely illogical. Persuading a MAGA wing is nowhere near the same as peeling off true swing voters.
Ok so Ron doesn't appeal to GOP voters but he will swing voters? ok dude
bobbranco
AG
This sucks.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Ron still has a bright political future.
Grapesoda2525
Ron Desantis should be forced to carry his presidential campaign to term.
J. Walter Weatherman
911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

I know Trumpers are new to this whole politics thing, but you do understand those are two different populations right?
Counterpoint
AG
BigRobSA said:

No Spin Ag said:

Ag with kids said:

No Spin Ag said:

Gunny456 said:

It won't matter a damn if Trump wins if the Republicans don't get a SOLID majority in both house and senate. A majority of 3-4 seats in the house and 1-2 in the senate accomplishes little in reality due to rhinos. Must be substantial in both or Trump will be nothing more than a broken wing, shot up, lame duck….. spending all his time fighting impeachments and law suits and accomplish little.
Hope folks realize that.
As long as Trump acts like "I am your retribution." and mean tweets, that's all maga cares about. That Trump will get nothing accomplished doesn't matter; they'll have the "win" they wanted - even if, in the real world, that "win" accomplishes literally nothing of consequence.

Trump is already backing off of retribution.

But he said it before so it is beyond contestation now.
It'll be one of many ads the left can use, and all they need to do is use his own words and social media posts. At which time, Trump can either say he was lying, didn't mean it, or did mean it then but changed his mind. All of which won't help him outside of his maga.

I foresee another class on magnets in our future.

And Revolutionary War airports. That's another great one!
nortex97
AG
Beckdiesel03
AG
Well this suburb dwelling, suburban driving female is officially depressed. Also not really talking politics to husband bc he was happy about Trump. So many people are stupid especially my mom friends who have been way too comfortable in life and don't think Biden is that bad. WTF to everything and everyone right now.
911sAg
J. Walter Weatherman said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

I know Trumpers are new to this whole politics thing, but you do understand those are two different populations right?
lol I saw my candidate win a presidential election in 2016 and you? I also know the coveted swing vote is not really that big and is generally overstated, most people know who they are voting when they walk in the booth.
J. Walter Weatherman
911sAg said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

lol I saw my candidate win a presidential election in 2016 and you? I also know the coveted swing vote is not really that big and is generally overstated, most people know who they are voting when they walk in the booth.

Cool. What happened with those swing voters in 2020 after they got 4 years of Trump's clown show?
texagbeliever

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Explain, for us Trumpers, how the most conservative candidate is going to be more appealing to moderates then a moderate candidate (Trump or Haley)?
The majority of the country is Pro-Life like DeSantis. The majority of the country isn't fiscally conservative. Those are truths that some of us deal with, and some people whine about to not accept. Don't be someone who rejects truth.
TRM
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

This is for you.

Quote:

Ron DeSantis said he thinks the federal law criminalizing gun possession by marijuana consumers is unconstitutional.

"If somebody's using…a legal product, there's not anything in the Constitution that would justify doing that."
P.H. Dexippus
AG
If you haven't figured out yet that a significant portion of the country rabidly hates Trump, and will turn out to vote against him, you're beyond reasoning with. If you haven't figured out yet that a sizable portion of white suburban women who might otherwise enthusiastically vote Republican have zero enthusiasm for Trump, you're oblivious.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

He appeals to GOP voters immensely, it's just bad timing. Some of us recognize that there's a culture war to be won first and Trump is better suited to fight it. Once the culture war is won, policy masters such as DeSantis will be needed more. Having DeSantis over the Senate (VP) makes Trump/DeSantis a dream team.
Deputy Travis Junior
BigRobSA said:

Then the GOP should select a conservative, if my vote is important. Since they don't, it obviously isn't that important.

No kidding. A material chunk of the party said "man, we can't stomach this guy anymore, but what about this other candidate? Got lots of the traits that you like about Trump + hasn't done most of his dumb liberal *****"

Their response was "**** you guys, we're shoving Trump down your throat again" and now they're acting entitled to our votes. The time to talk vote strategy was a year ago, not after you've foisted a candidate on us who we said we really don't want amd night not support.
911sAg
Deputy Travis Junior said:

BigRobSA said:

Then the GOP should select a conservative, if my vote is important. Since they don't, it obviously isn't that important.

No kidding. A material chunk of the party said "man, we can't stomach this guy anymore, but what about this other candidate? Got lots of the traits that you like about Trump + hasn't done most of his dumb liberal *****"

Their response was "**** you guys, we're shoving Trump down your throat again" and now they're acting entitled to our votes. The time to talk vote strategy was a year ago, not after you've foisted a candidate on us who we said we really don't want amd night not support.
You realize Ron has endorsed Trump right?
ttu_85
Grapesoda2525 said:

No conservative cares what you think.
GisselMcDonald
Funky Winkerbean said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

He appeals to GOP voters immensely, it's just bad timing. Some of us recognize that there's a culture war to be won first and Trump is better suited to fight it. Once the culture war is won, policy masters such as DeSantis will be needed more. Having DeSantis over the Senate (VP) makes Trump/DeSantis a dream team.
So Trump will tell Jenner stop using the ladies restroom and go to the men's room where he belongs?
bobbranco
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

It is what it is. Move on.
ttu_85
MookieBlaylock said:

Are you drunk. Seriously
fc2112
Man, this is why I detest the system we have now.

We haven't even had a single primary election yet and the GOP's best candidate has dropped out.

BYW - why do they say they are "suspending" their campaign when they really mean they're quitting?
Funky Winkerbean
AG

911sAg said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Cool. What happened with those swing voters in 2020 after they got 4 years of Trump's clown show?
You mean the most conservative president in your lifetime?
Deputy Travis Junior
Yep. At the end of the day he's a politician so he's following the pro Trump winds.

Doesn't matter a wink to me. I am capable of performing my own analysis and Trump during year 4 was a fuggin disaster (and now that the Dems know they can control him that way, they'll do it again if he manages to win)
bobbranco
AG
ttu_85 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Are you drunk. Seriously
Rockdoc
AG
Even with DeSantis gone, the TDS will rage on. Exactly what the democrats want.
dmart90
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

A message for all the never trumpers who are going to waste a vote by voting third party or by staying home.

Quote:

Primary is over, DeSantis has stated it's going to be #Trump, and I will not pretend I like or admire trump personally.... I really don't. But I will crawl through broken glass to avoid another 4 years of marxism, a stacked Supreme Court, two new forever Democrat states. I disagree with any argument about staying home on election day..... this may be the last election day we have a semi constitutional republic. If
@RonDeSantis
can stomach the lies about him, his record, and coalesce behind the Nominee, then that's good enough for me. On a personal note, I have family in the armed forces at this moment and the thought of having Joe biden be the commander in chief for 5 years from today is not worth it to me. My main message is I am very upset about the outcome of this primary.... but I can't stomach kids getting sterilized and getting their genitals mutilated in the name of Trans ideology which biden supports. So I am voting straight ticket GOP in the general. Time will tell who was right about their warnings but I would so much rather be wrong and live in a free country then be right and live under tyranny. Vote

Who is this? Why do I give a f what he thinks?
Rapier108
Funky Winkerbean said:

911sAg said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Trump isn't worthy to hold Ronald Reagan's jock.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
torrid
AG
Maybe other than Ross Perot, which was a special case, has anyone ever un-suspended a presidential campaign?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Rapier108 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

911sAg said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Trump isn't worthy to hold Ronald Reagan's jock.
So DeSantis should've run on amnesty and deepening the war on drugs for your support? Like Reagan?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.