Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,623 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FireAg said:

TRM said:

Your favored polls

"My polls" are the RCP and 538 averages of polls…neither of which are averaging polls on this topic…

I'm sorry the polling averages were accurate for DeDantis's chances…
According to the polls you use so much, Trump LOST to Biden on election day.

Were the polls wrong?
Old May Banker
AG
TAMUallen said:

Rockdoc said:

Did something happen today other than DeSsntis suspending? There are people losing their minds on here.

My guess is it is a bunch of liberals and "moderates" who have been playing as DeSantis fans. Trump is their kryptonite and they fall apart thinking it will be him again.

Ahhhh... yes. If you don't love dear leader, you're a CM, RINO, Liberal, blah blah blah.

I've already said I'll hold my nose and vote for him. But me pretending that geriatric buffoon is the best this country has to offer will not happen.
Ag with kids
AG
TRM said:

FireAg said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

But again, was ANY politician going to meaningfully breka Trump's hold on this cycle?

The % of Trump voters who would consider changing their vote EVEN IF HE'S IN JAIL come Election Day is <20% according to some polls. No politician in this country has ever had that kind of hold on their voting base.

Agree…precisely why I think DeSantis's 2024 run was too early with Trump still viable…
But Trump won't be viable when he's convicted.
True...

According to the "polls" that are posted as fact on here, Trump loses a large amount of support if he's convicted.

And as we've been told over and over...polls never lie.
FireAg
AG
Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

Your favored polls

"My polls" are the RCP and 538 averages of polls…neither of which are averaging polls on this topic…

I'm sorry the polling averages were accurate for DeDantis's chances…
According to the polls you use so much, Trump LOST to Biden on election day.

Were the polls wrong?

Polls were right based on the averages in certain places…but all within the MOE which Biden then blew out of the water…which is one of many reasons why many of us question things in 2020…

Not sure why you are continuing to attack me personally because I was right…
Ag with kids
AG
TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.
how can you say that if he can't even win a primary?

Do you not understand the difference between republican primary voters in Iowa versus the general do election where everyone votes?
Do you understand that if Desantis couldn't persuade gop voters he wasn't getting the crossover vote?

No, I don't because that's completely illogical. Persuading a MAGA wing is nowhere near the same as peeling off true swing voters.
Ok so Ron doesn't appeal to GOP voters but he will swing voters? ok dude

I know Trumpers are new to this whole politics thing, but you do understand those are two different populations right?
lol I saw my candidate win a presidential election in 2016 and you? I also know the coveted swing vote is not really that big and is generally overstated, most people know who they are voting when they walk in the booth.
And all of us saw your candidate lose to a potato in 2020.

Congrats???

You say he lost, many upon many folks still believe it was stolen…
Ok?

They're wrong.

But, I get that they cannot believe that the man they have such an emotional attachment to could possible lose. Hell, they've already started the excuses just in case he loses yet again.

They love him so they don't understand that lots of people HATE him.

I'm not in the hate group, though. I'm in the sick and tired of the middle school antics group from man who is almost as old as my father.

You're in the full of **** group, got it.
Yes. He's full of **** and I'm tired of it.

Even though I voted for him twice.

You don't hate him but dedicate your posting to detest him in any way possible. That totally checks out.
I "detest" him?

No. I'm ****ing tired of a geriatric acting like a 12 year old who is now only concerned with getting elected to build back his butthurt ego from 2020.

And I'm pretty sure that now the chances of getting rid of Biden have shrunk. Because I REALLY want to get rid of Biden.

Isn't that whole post pretty silly and more indicative of you? He hurts your feelings because of his delivery so you'll call him a ****ing geriatric and whine about a butthurt ego?
He hasn't hurt my feelings.

Sorry that my view of him has hurt yours, though.

I want to get rid of Biden.

You want to vote for Trump.

We are not the same.

You're right, I'd never want to be so miserable, and I don't care about you but it's amusing to see you so upset but without anything more than you don't like how he says things. I don't believe you voted for him twice and I doubt you'll ever vote for him. You sound like a concerned moderate that is trying to parade around as a "real conservative"
Upset? That's amusing in itself. I'm not upset.

I would have liked a candidate that was Not Trump to run, but I'm used to the GOP running ****ty candidates by now so I guess you could say I'm resigned to it.

BTW, in 2016 I VERY reluctantly voted for Trump - I spent probably 10 min in the booth just staring at the top line (I voted downballot first) before pulling the lever for him.

However, in 2020, I enthusiastically voted for him. I liked most of the stuff he had done (covid response notwithstanding). I agree all this legal stuff is bull***** But, that doesn't mean I think he should be POTUS in 2024. He's not the same candidate in 2024 as he was in 2020.

But, I'll give you credit for going back to the insults...I needed the additional chuckle.

Thanks for reinforcing what I said.
Your reading comprehension is poor.
jwhaby
TXaggiesTX said:

jwhaby said:

aggie93 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

I expect most of the DeSantis votes to go to Haley now. This will make the race much closer.
You don't know many DeSantis supporters then. They will likely split 80/20 Trump.

If TexAgs is any indication, I would say that 50% of Desantis supporters will vote for Biden or throw their vote away on a third-party candidate, 20% will abstain to teach the GOP a lesson, and the remaining 30% will hold their nose and vote for Trump. The only adults with any semblance of emotional maturity are the latter group.

Texags is absolutely not an indication of the general population. If you are posting on a politics board you keep up with politics more than 99% of the population. Over 90% of DeSantis supporters will vote for Trump.

Maybe there's just a loud minority of Desantis supporters on here that have TDS. Their heads are about to explode. I find it funny how they can be so wrong about Ron's chance for success in the primary yet still feel so confident that Trump will assuredly lose the general to Biden. They're not very good prognosticators.
TAMUallen
AG
Rockdoc said:

TAMUallen said:

Rockdoc said:

Did something happen today other than DeSsntis suspending? There are people losing their minds on here.

My guess is it is a bunch of liberals and "moderates" who have been playing as DeSantis fans. Trump is their kryptonite and they fall apart thinking it will be him again.

I figured when DeSantis checked out some of these fake conservatives would have to reset and lose their minds.

It's like they've gone into overdrive. I mean you have two posters saying the exact same thing about Trump losing to a potato. It's like they're either on a talking points site, somebody forgot to log out of their sock or the AI is just hitting the same phrases
FireAg
AG
jwhaby said:

TXaggiesTX said:

jwhaby said:

aggie93 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

I expect most of the DeSantis votes to go to Haley now. This will make the race much closer.
You don't know many DeSantis supporters then. They will likely split 80/20 Trump.

If TexAgs is any indication, I would say that 50% of Desantis supporters will vote for Biden or throw their vote away on a third-party candidate, 20% will abstain to teach the GOP a lesson, and the remaining 30% will hold their nose and vote for Trump. The only adults with any semblance of emotional maturity are the latter group.

Texags is absolutely not an indication of the general population. If you are posting on a politics board you keep up with politics more than 99% of the population. Over 90% of DeSantis supporters will vote for Trump.

Maybe there's just a loud minority of Desantis supporters on here that have TDS. Their heads are about to explode. I find it funny how they can be so wrong about Ron's chance for success in the primary yet still feel so confident that Trump will assuredly lose the general to Biden. They're not very good prognosticators.

Some folks believed the pro-DeSantis stuff only and fell victim to wishful thinking-casting…
TAMUallen
AG
Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.
how can you say that if he can't even win a primary?

Do you not understand the difference between republican primary voters in Iowa versus the general do election where everyone votes?
Do you understand that if Desantis couldn't persuade gop voters he wasn't getting the crossover vote?

No, I don't because that's completely illogical. Persuading a MAGA wing is nowhere near the same as peeling off true swing voters.
Ok so Ron doesn't appeal to GOP voters but he will swing voters? ok dude

I know Trumpers are new to this whole politics thing, but you do understand those are two different populations right?
lol I saw my candidate win a presidential election in 2016 and you? I also know the coveted swing vote is not really that big and is generally overstated, most people know who they are voting when they walk in the booth.
And all of us saw your candidate lose to a potato in 2020.

Congrats???

You say he lost, many upon many folks still believe it was stolen…
Ok?

They're wrong.

But, I get that they cannot believe that the man they have such an emotional attachment to could possible lose. Hell, they've already started the excuses just in case he loses yet again.

They love him so they don't understand that lots of people HATE him.

I'm not in the hate group, though. I'm in the sick and tired of the middle school antics group from man who is almost as old as my father.

You're in the full of **** group, got it.
Yes. He's full of **** and I'm tired of it.

Even though I voted for him twice.

You don't hate him but dedicate your posting to detest him in any way possible. That totally checks out.
I "detest" him?

No. I'm ****ing tired of a geriatric acting like a 12 year old who is now only concerned with getting elected to build back his butthurt ego from 2020.

And I'm pretty sure that now the chances of getting rid of Biden have shrunk. Because I REALLY want to get rid of Biden.

Isn't that whole post pretty silly and more indicative of you? He hurts your feelings because of his delivery so you'll call him a ****ing geriatric and whine about a butthurt ego?
He hasn't hurt my feelings.

Sorry that my view of him has hurt yours, though.

I want to get rid of Biden.

You want to vote for Trump.

We are not the same.

You're right, I'd never want to be so miserable, and I don't care about you but it's amusing to see you so upset but without anything more than you don't like how he says things. I don't believe you voted for him twice and I doubt you'll ever vote for him. You sound like a concerned moderate that is trying to parade around as a "real conservative"
Upset? That's amusing in itself. I'm not upset.

I would have liked a candidate that was Not Trump to run, but I'm used to the GOP running ****ty candidates by now so I guess you could say I'm resigned to it.

BTW, in 2016 I VERY reluctantly voted for Trump - I spent probably 10 min in the booth just staring at the top line (I voted downballot first) before pulling the lever for him.

However, in 2020, I enthusiastically voted for him. I liked most of the stuff he had done (covid response notwithstanding). I agree all this legal stuff is bull***** But, that doesn't mean I think he should be POTUS in 2024. He's not the same candidate in 2024 as he was in 2020.

But, I'll give you credit for going back to the insults...I needed the additional chuckle.

Thanks for reinforcing what I said.
Your reading comprehension is poor.

Your trolling and trying to imitate a conservative is the worst.
TRM
AG
You brought up viability.

Nearly all the polls have asked this in their surveys, but it doesn't get reported in the top line results.
See page 16
https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2024-01/Reuters%20Ipsos%20Large%20Sample%20Survey%20%23%201%20January%202024%20Topline.pdf

This one is for primary voters. Trump loses a third of GOP voters here.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/12/19/us/elections/times-siena-poll-likely-electorate-crosstabs.html

RCP doesn't aggregate it either.

If convicted, it's going to be an electoral disaster. Say what you will about the validity of the charges, Trump avoiding conviction on every one of the 91 charges is extremely unlikely.
wessimo
AG
Pretty staggering fall for a guy that the majority of posters here had anointed as Don's successor.

Out after one state and ~100k votes counted. Woof.
FireAg
AG
TRM said:

Nearly all the polls have asked this in their surveys, but it doesn't get reported in the top line results.
See page 16
https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2024-01/Reuters%20Ipsos%20Large%20Sample%20Survey%20%23%201%20January%202024%20Topline.pdf

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/12/19/us/elections/times-siena-poll-likely-electorate-crosstabs.html

If convicted, it's going to be an electoral disaster. Say what you will about the validity of the charges, Trump avoiding conviction on every one of the 91 charges is extremely unlikely.

The validity of the charges is laughable…

The people pursuing these things are enemies of the republic…something is eventually going to have to come to a head…and the there will be blood in the streets…
Rockdoc
AG
And every time the crooked dems and DOJ pull something, his support gets stronger. Go figure!
TRM
AG
Indictments sure, but if convicted no.
Ag with kids
AG
FireAg said:

TRM said:

See page 16

The people pursuing these things are enemies of the republic…something is eventually going to have to come to a head…and the there will be blood in the streets…
The validity of the charges don't matter if people are going to not vote Trump if he's convicted.

I think the validity of the charges is crap, btw. But, that doesn't change your precious polls.
Rockdoc
AG
TRM said:

Indictments sure, but if convicted no.

Kinda disagree.
Ag with kids
AG
FireAg said:

TRM said:

See page 16

BTW, this is the stuff that turns off the independents even though it makes MAGA giddy.
Ag with kids
AG
Rockdoc said:

And every time the crooked dems and DOJ pull something, his support gets stronger. Go figure!
His GOP primary support...
FireAg
AG
Sorry I was right about the polling averages, and I'm sorry they didn't go your way…

I tried to warn y'all…
Rockdoc
AG
Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

His GOP primary support...

Apparently his total support
Grapesoda2525
Grapesoda2525
Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

See page 16

BTW, this is the stuff that turns off the independents even though it makes MAGA giddy.
MAGA just dying to get an excuse to bring out the guns.
Dan Scott
AG
Well damn, both my guys are now out. Today I am a man without a candidate.
Rockdoc
AG
Dan Scott said:

It's safe to say there's gonna be a LOT of unhappy people on Election Day, from all walks of life.
Aggies2009
AG
Rockdoc said:

Dan Scott said:

It's safe to say there's gonna be a LOT of unhappy people on Election Day, from all walks of life.
There always is now.
Aggies2009
AG
You're wasting your breath. Take the W, let him revel in his L, laugh, and move on.
one safe place
Ag with kids said:

one safe place said:

Not dissing DeSantis because they all do it, but wonder why they say "suspends" their campaign? They are not suspending anything. They should say they are quitting, or dropping out of the race, or throwing in the towel. But politicians are like that, I guess. At least none have said "respect my decision."
I think it's a technical legal thing that allows them to keep their existing campaign funds banked for later reasons.
Gotcha, makes sense.
Dark_Knight
AG
So you DeSantis guys are going to back Trump, right?
Dark_Knight
AG
Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

See page 16

Oh boo hoo, seriously? So they'd rather waste a vote instead?
Ag with kids
AG
FireAg said:

Sorry I was right about the polling averages, and I'm sorry they didn't go your way…

I tried to warn y'all…
The ones in 2020? That said that Trump lost the election?

Those were accurate, right?

Because, I'd hate to think you were being hypocritical about polls...
Dan Scott
AG
Dark_Knight said:

So you DeSantis guys are going to back Trump, right?

Depends what comes out of his trial, don't know much about them. If he's convicted and seems legit I'll probably vote RFK. If cases are thrown out because it's bullcrap I'll vote Trump. The hope was DeSantis or even Vivek win so it's not an issue.
Ag with kids
AG
Rockdoc said:

Dan Scott said:

I won't be unhappy IF Trump wins.

I WILL be unhappy if Biden wins.
Rockdoc
AG
Ag with kids said:

Rockdoc said:

Dan Scott said:

I won't be unhappy IF Trump wins.

I WILL be unhappy if Biden wins.

What will you be if Michelle Obama wins?
Ag with kids
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

TRM said:

See page 16

Oh boo hoo, seriously? So they'd rather waste a vote instead?
And I see you don't understand that the entire electorate is not comprised of MAGA.

Independents won't view it as wasting a vote. They'll view it as not voting for someone they really don't like or want to be POTUS. It's really not a difficult concept.
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

We deserve the two moronic, dementia-addled liberals then.

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.

Splitting the GOP vote is a vote for Biden or whatever commie takes over. You may not like it but it's irrefutable basic math.
Vote for Trump OR ELSE!

The guilt trip campaign slogan.

My guy sucks balls but the other guy is worse.

Rah Team!

Stop your whining and show the math to support your position.
Math?

I'm in Texas. If Trump needs my vote to win, he's REALLY ****ed up the election.

There. Math.
Ha! Texas is purple
Fight! Fight! Fight!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.