Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,631 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Polls will now start to shift back to showing Trump losing to Biden or any Democrat. Their job is now done and time to try to make themselves look credible again.

I wonder who MAGA will spend all their time rage hating on now.
I don't have a problem with Ron. I think he has been a great Governor and has a great future. I always felt like he was being forced to run. I hope he hasn't damaged himself too much to run again in 2028.

Who does MAGA hate?
The same people we have always hated, The American-Last Deep State Globalists and their supporters.
texagbeliever
jwhaby said:

I hope so. They just seem so broken by Trump that I'm not sure they're rational enough to do what needs to be done.
The question to ask yourself is, how many of those have you met in person. I'm going to guess not so many. Only people who have that mindset seem to know tons of people with that mindset. Likely because people know to respond to those posters in real life with what they want to hear because otherwise they will bite their head off if they say anything less extreme back.

To be honest I had a personality and approach like that earlier in life. I know it to be true.
Tea Party
Charpie said:

Old May Banker said:

TAMUallen said:

Rockdoc said:

Did something happen today other than DeSsntis suspending? There are people losing their minds on here.

My guess is it is a bunch of liberals and "moderates" who have been playing as DeSantis fans. Trump is their kryptonite and they fall apart thinking it will be him again.

Ahhhh... yes. If you don't love dear leader, you're a CM, RINO, Liberal, blah blah blah.

I've already said I'll hold my nose and vote for him. But me pretending that geriatric buffoon is the best this country has to offer will not happen.
I won't. I will vote 3rd party like I did in 2020.

On the phone yesterday with my best friend driving back from west Texas, I said, "I can't believe that MAGA is so blind to turn the country to the Dems again." If Trump wins the nomination, you'll have low turnout because the folks like me, you know..the CMs and RINOS as we get labeled, will just stay home. They will allow Ted Cruz to almost get beat because they are so apathetic to Trump. And that's what the true issue with Trump is...is all the down-ballot races that this is going to impact.

Haley beats Biden. Trump doesn't. But MAGA wants to own the libs. Even though Trump is a lib.
Complaining about maga "turning the country to the Dems".

Says you won't vote for Trump, thus YOU are turning the country over to the Dems.

Blames maga for not leaning further left to appease you in the squishy middle.... Hypocritical much?

It would be different if the opposite were true, that the conservatives would not vote for Trump because he isnt conservative enough, but squishy middle complaining is purely emotional because Trump is to the left of DeSantis in my opinion. At least be honest that you don't like Trump because he is either too conservative for you in the squishy middle, or you are letting emotion get the best of your vote.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Charpie said:

Old May Banker said:

TAMUallen said:

Rockdoc said:

Did something happen today other than DeSsntis suspending? There are people losing their minds on here.

My guess is it is a bunch of liberals and "moderates" who have been playing as DeSantis fans. Trump is their kryptonite and they fall apart thinking it will be him again.

Ahhhh... yes. If you don't love dear leader, you're a CM, RINO, Liberal, blah blah blah.

I've already said I'll hold my nose and vote for him. But me pretending that geriatric buffoon is the best this country has to offer will not happen.

On the phone yesterday with my best friend driving back from west Texas, I said, "I can't believe that MAGA is so blind to turn the country to the Dems again." If Trump wins the nomination, you'll have low turnout because the folks like me, you know..the CMs and RINOS as we get labeled, will just stay home. They will allow Ted Cruz to almost get beat because they are so apathetic to Trump. And that's what the true issue with Trump is...is all the down-ballot races that this is going to impact.

Haley beats Biden. Trump doesn't. But MAGA wants to own the libs. Even though Trump is a lib.

Trump is a liberal yet not liberal enough, so we should vote for another liberal, Haley, to beat Biden

/Texags
Ag87H2O
AG
Rapier108 said:

Polls will now start to shift back to showing Trump losing to Biden or any Democrat. Their job is now done and time to try to make themselves look credible again.

Yep, the switch part of the big bait and switch is about to go down. Trump enthusiasts just think the media was against him to this point. They ain't seen nothing yet.

I expect them to start hammering him on judicial picks, and especially abortion. Going to do everything they can to make sure suburban women are motivated to go vote against him. It's going to get ugly.

I also think they are going to try and overload the public with so much Trump drama that a lot of people won't want to vote for him just so all the chaos and divisiveness will be over.

Call it TFS - Trump Fatigue Syndrome.
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

I hope so. They just seem so broken by Trump that I'm not sure they're rational enough to do what needs to be done.
The question to ask yourself is, how many of those have you met in person. I'm going to guess not so many. Only people who have that mindset seem to know tons of people with that mindset. Likely because people know to respond to those posters in real life with what they want to hear because otherwise they will bite their head off if they say anything less extreme back.
You keep building this world in your head that doesn't exist. There are plenty of people who Trump has turned off so much, they won't vote for him. I know more of those than I know Trump diehards (and I know some who will hold their noses, too). Regular folks who range from somewhat conservative to very conservative, who normally would vote for just about any Republican candidate. Key words being "just about" and unfortunately Trump falls into that narrow exception.

You can justify it in your head all you want, but that doesn't mean it matches reality. There is a part of the conservative base that Trump and the diehard Trump supporters turn off, completely. That, just like all the other baggage that comes along with the man, is not something you can get rid of. It's just part of the package. Your mistake is discounting that and just assuming only the benefits of a narcissistic windbag will show up on election day and every day thereafter and none of the repercussions you don't like.

texagbeliever
Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

You keep building this world in your head that doesn't exist. There are plenty of people who Trump has turned off so much, they won't vote for him. I know more of those than I know Trump diehards (and I know some who will hold their noses, too). Regular folks who range from somewhat conservative to very conservative, who normally would vote for just about any Republican candidate. Key words being "just about" and unfortunately Trump falls into that narrow exception.

You can justify it in your head all you want, but that doesn't mean it matches reality. There is a part of the conservative base that Trump and the diehard Trump supporters turn off, completely. That, just like all the other baggage that comes along with the man, is not something you can get rid of. It's just part of the package. Your mistake is discounting that and just assuming only the benefits of a narcissistic windbag will show up on election day and every day thereafter and none of the repercussions you don't like.

This is example A.
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

This is example A.
So you're saying we don't exist? I'm curious that you seem to think I must live in this bubble, when the reality of the last several years doesn't back you up.
No Spin Ag
Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

Needs another star
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
FireAg
AG
One thing coming to light in a couple of quick New Hampshire polls (two have dropped since yesterday, and one was conducted only yesterday, and is clearly a quick check to see what might happen with DeSantis supporters in NH now that he is out)...

A very large portion of the DeSantis voters appear to be moving to Trump...

I am starting to think that Trump might come close to the 60% mark...I think he will be north of 55%...

If that's the case, then I think Haley will see the writing on the wall...I could see her hanging it up then, or maybe she convinces herself to hang on until her home state votes, but she's polling even worse in South Carolina... I would be shocked to see Haley try to hang on past SC...
No Spin Ag
Ag87H2O said:

Rapier108 said:

Yep, the switch part of the big bait and switch is about to go down. Trump enthusiasts just think the media was against him to this point. They ain't seen nothing yet.

I expect them to start hammering him on judicial picks, and especially abortion. Going to do everything they can to make sure suburban women are motivated to go vote against him. It's going to get ugly.

I also think they are going to try and overload the public with so much Trump drama that a lot of people won't want to vote for him just so all the chaos and divisiveness will be over.

And really, all the media needs to do is to talk about everything Trump says and does and posts on a daily basis.

Trump gives them more than enough to work with on a daily, of not sometimes hourly, basis.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
texagbeliever
Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

This is example A.
So you're saying we don't exist? I'm curious that you seem to think I must live in this bubble, when the reality of the last several years doesn't back you up.
RAGGGEEEE!!!!!

Let me help you out: "Not so Many": meaning a sum that is likely not 0 but is not numerous in a significant number.
"don't exist": meaning zero.

You created a more extreme statement then what i said. In order to frame me as being ridiculous. It is getting tiresome.
No Spin Ag
LoudestWHOOP! said:

Rapier108 said:

I don't have a problem with Ron. I think he has been a great Governor and has a great future. I always felt like he was being forced to run. I hope he hasn't damaged himself too much to run again in 2028.

Who does MAGA hate?
The same people we have always hated, The American-Last Deep State Globalists and their supporters.

So not the LGBTQXYZ, immigrants, Muslims, pro-choice issue, government programs, and of course, Tay Tay?
No Spin Ag
FireAg said:

One thing coming to light in a couple of quick New Hampshire polls (two have dropped since yesterday, and one was conducted only yesterday, and is clearly a quick check to see what might happen with DeSantis supporters in NH now that he is out)...

A very large portion of the DeSantis voters appear to be moving to Trump...

I am starting to think that Trump might come close to the 60% mark...I think he will be north of 55%...

If that's the case, then I think Haley will see the writing on the wall...I could see her hanging it up then, or maybe she convinces herself to hang on until her home state votes, but she's polling even worse in South Carolina... I would be shocked to see Haley try to hang on past SC...

If she loses the next few then she needs to drop out. It'll be pointless at that point. It'll also help get a clearer picture of what people will poll between Trump and Biden as it'll be the same stark contrast it was last time.
FireAg
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Rapier108 said:

We shall see...

For the sake of argument, as of this morning, the head-to-head matchups vs Biden in the RCP average now show Trump with the best odds of any R to beat Biden in 2024:

Trump v Biden - Trump +2.0
Haley v Biden - Haley +1.2
DeSantis v Biden - Tie

A LOT can happen between now and November, so it will be interesting to watch the trends...

I think to beat the cheat, Trump needs to be polling above the MOE in both the national average and most of the swing states to defeat Biden...he did not accomplish this task in the RCP averages in 2020...

It will be interesting to watch...
Sq 17
The polls are not always correct but Trumps rise and Biden fall is not surprising and not some grand conspiracy

Trump is getting relatively little media coverage , his current legal issues are in a very boring phase of the proceedings , his rallies are fewer and get less coverage , the R primary that Trumps has decided to skip is also taking media coverage, and the Gaza situation is bad for Biden's numbers
If it's a referendum on Biden Trump probably was
If it's a referendum Trump Biden probably wins
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

This is example A.
RAGGGEEEE!!!!!

Let me help you out: "Not so Many": meaning a sum that is likely not 0 but is not numerous in a significant number.

You created a more extreme statement then what i said. In order to frame me as being ridiculous. It is getting tiresome.
Well, you do you, I guess. You've built this, more than a strawman, a fantasy in your head of people who see this differently. That's fine, a lot of people seem to think that way, especially about politics. But you have to admit there is a range of reasons why people do or don't vote for whomever they are going to. Some are reasonable (to you and I), some aren't. Trump brings a lot of baggage with him, which is a lot of negatives for a variety of reasons.

Acknowledging that fact is not rage, it's being realistic. As a normal human being, my job is not to be Trumps marketing director nor is it to just treat reality as if it needs to be spun in any certain light.
Who?mikejones!
FireAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

Rapier108 said:

We shall see...

For the sake of argument, as of this morning, the head-to-head matchups vs Biden in the RCP average now show Trump with the best odds of any R to beat Biden in 2024:

DeSantis v Biden - Tie

A LOT can happen between now and November, so it will be interesting to watch the trends...

I think to beat the cheat, Trump needs to be polling above the MOE in both the national average and most of the swing states to defeat Biden...he did not accomplish this task in the RCP averages in 2020...

The first shift will be polls that show more and more people think the economy is doing better. That's the biggest card Trump can play right now but it will be taken from him
texagbeliever
Agthatbuilds said:

FireAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

Rapier108 said:

We shall see...

DeSantis v Biden - Tie

The first shift will be polls that show more and more people think the economy is doing better. That's the biggest card Trump can play right now but it will be taken from him
Um won't the economy actually need to be doing better for that to happen?
jwhaby
Charpie said:

Old May Banker said:

TAMUallen said:

Rockdoc said:

In my opinion, this is the very definition of cutting off one's nose to spite their face. Desantis isn't the nominee. Nothing can be done about that now. How does abstaining or voting third-party actually help Republicans/Conservatives?
FireAg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

FireAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

Rapier108 said:

We shall see...

DeSantis v Biden - Tie

I respectfully disagree...I think the biggest cards he can play right now are sending hundreds of billions of tax payer dollars to Ukraine, the blunder of leaving Afghanistan (and linking those left behind assests to helping to enable the attacks on Israel), and for God's sake...THE BORDER...

Even the Biden admisntration is having to admit they have really ****ed up the border...
Who?mikejones!
Lol. No.

Nightly news, newspapers, press releases, social media can all push a narrative.

Gas prices can remain where they are and fall.

The fed can start knocking off points.

In fact, its already happening. Here is unusual whales citing the wall street journal

Who?mikejones!
FireAg said:

Agthatbuilds said:

FireAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

Rapier108 said:

We shall see...

DeSantis v Biden - Tie

I respectfully disagree...I think the biggest cards he can play right now are sending hundreds of billions of tax payer dollars to Ukraine, the blunder of leaving Afghanistan (and linking those left behind assests to helping to enable the attacks on Israel), and for God's sake...THE BORDER...

Even the Biden admisntration is having to admit they have really ****ed up the border...

The border is right there with the economy. Ukraine, Israel, Afghanistan are all secondary to peoples pocket books and unless trump has the discipline to tie the two together, the cost of gas and groceries and taxes and inflation are bigger deals. To be clear, most people don't connect the wars and cost together, despite the obvious link
Artorias
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Lol. No.

Nightly news, newspapers, press releases, social media can all push a narrative.

Gas prices can remain where they are and fall.

The fed can start knocking off points.

In fact, its already happening. Here is unusual whales citing the wall street journal

Called this out a couple weeks ago, this whole year we will be inundated with story after story about how great the economy is improving to gaslight people into thinking Bidenomics is a success, and ignore the fact that they are paying double for their basic needs from a few years ago.
infinity ag
Foreverconservative said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Old McDonald said:

rose to prominence fighting covid lockdowns, then meandered through ill-advised culture war slap fights when there were no more covid lockdowns to fight. not to mention the much more charismatic orange elephant in the room. he was doomed from the start.

Removing gay cartoon porn from grade schools and banning harmful divisive CRT from classrooms (among many other things) is real action…not slap fighting. We don't want our children to grow up in this warped perverted unrecognizable society that you and your peers want them to. Sorry.
Thanks for playing

DeSantis looked pissed. He needs to learn how to roll with the punches. Vivek would have handled it a lot better with some humor also and at the same time made the trophy guy seem like a fool.
Sq 17
The economy and the border are less important than you think
Immigration has been an issue for awhile and nobody is changing there voting habits because of it There is enough blame to go around that both sides will point fingers and vote there usual way.
The same can be said for the economy.
Ukraine and Israel could change votes if it gets better really helps the incumbent if it gets worse helps the challenger
Trumps biggest issue is successfully overturning Roe based on a few actual election the pro choice position is about 12+ points more popular than the average democrat. Wisconsin Supreme Court race was not close with the pro- choice candidate beating the conservative
jwhaby
Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

This is example A.
RAGGGEEEE!!!!!

Well, you do you, I guess. You've built this, more than a strawman, a fantasy in your head of people who see this differently. That's fine, a lot of people seem to think that way, especially about politics. But you have to admit there is a range of reasons why people do or don't vote for whomever they are going to. Some are reasonable (to you and I), some aren't. Trump brings a lot of baggage with him, which is a lot of negatives for a variety of reasons.

Acknowledging that fact is not rage, it's being realistic. As a normal human being, my job is not to be Trumps marketing director nor is it to just treat reality as if it needs to be spun in any certain light.

This is funny. Realistic is understanding that Trump will be the Republican candidate and he's better than Biden. Most Desantis supporters will vote for him because he's the lesser of two evils. The ones that won't vote for him either don't value Republican principles more than Democratic principles, or their "reality" is shaped by their feelings. I've found over my life that it's never good to follow people who make decisions based on feelings.
Who?mikejones!
Trumps values =/= republican values. Or even conservative values.

Just want to be clear there.
Waffledynamics
AG
jwhaby said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

This is example A.
RAGGGEEEE!!!!!

This is funny. Realistic is understanding that Trump will be the Republican candidate and he's better than Biden. Most Desantis supporters will vote for him because he's the lesser of two evils. The ones that won't vote for him either don't value Republican principles more than Democratic principles, or their "reality" is shaped by their feelings. I've found over my life that it's never good to follow people who make decisions based on feelings.
Dr. Irony just jumped off a ****ing building.
Who?mikejones!
Abortion isn't as big as either the economy or immigration. There's not a poll out there that suggest that.

It does act as a motivating factor for some who'd otherwise not vote or for those moderate suburban women women who can vote either way. But, trump's already lost that vote regardless of his abortion stance
UAS Ag
Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

I was talking with my 82 year old dad a couple months ago about this. My dad is VERY conservative, but just does NOT want Trump again. He's probably not going to vote for the Republican POTUS candidate for the first time in his life.
ttu_85
LoudestWHOOP! said:

Rapier108 said:

Who does MAGA hate?
This is a respectful, intelligent, unifying post. We need to see lots more of this.

Expect the fakes or fools to be out with their crow bars. I'v previously bashed Trump because I felt DeSantis was a better MAGA leader. Now the leadership question is settled for 2024. Time to rally against the enemy.

One thing is for sure either is a billion times better than Biden or any DemRat. Time to end the internal fighting and concentrate on the real enemy : The American-Last Deep State Globalists and their supporters.

UAS Ag
Agthatbuilds said:

FireAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

Rapier108 said:

We shall see...

DeSantis v Biden - Tie

Well, he could point out that Biden is really OLD...

Oh...yeah, that doesn't contrast so well for Trump.
UAS Ag
texagbeliever said:

Agthatbuilds said:

FireAg said:

Ag87H2O said:

Rapier108 said:

We shall see...

DeSantis v Biden - Tie

Um won't the economy actually need to be doing better for that to happen?
Gas prices are down. Inflation is down.

Sure, it's UP by a good chunk from when Biden took office, but the news will be about the CURRENT RELATIVE CHANGE...which IS down a bit.

Most people aren't economists and they'll just remember that they were paying $3.25 for gas a little while ago and now it's $2.50. They won't remember that it was sub $2 under Trump.
jwhaby
Waffledynamics said:

jwhaby said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

jwhaby said:

This is example A.
RAGGGEEEE!!!!!

Dr. Irony just jumped off a ****ing building.

Got it. I see that you're one of those that doesn't think Trump is conservative or Republican…or at least not enough for you and your impossibly high standards. You cherry pick certain failures and ignore any positives to put him on the same level as Biden. If you can't see that there's a difference between Trump and Biden (at least on policy, which is what matters to most people) then I don't know what to tell you. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. One way or another you will get Democratic rule…at least in your mind. Congratulations I guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.