Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,635 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.
how can you say that if he can't even win a primary?

Do you not understand the difference between republican primary voters in Iowa versus the general do election where everyone votes?
Do you understand that if Desantis couldn't persuade gop voters he wasn't getting the crossover vote?

No, I don't because that's completely illogical. Persuading a MAGA wing is nowhere near the same as peeling off true swing voters.
Ok so Ron doesn't appeal to GOP voters but he will swing voters? ok dude

I know Trumpers are new to this whole politics thing, but you do understand those are two different populations right?
lol I saw my candidate win a presidential election in 2016 and you? I also know the coveted swing vote is not really that big and is generally overstated, most people know who they are voting when they walk in the booth.
And all of us saw your candidate lose to a potato in 2020.

Congrats???

You say he lost, many upon many folks still believe it was stolen…
Ok?

They're wrong.

But, I get that they cannot believe that the man they have such an emotional attachment to could possible lose. Hell, they've already started the excuses just in case he loses yet again.

They love him so they don't understand that lots of people HATE him.

I'm not in the hate group, though. I'm in the sick and tired of the middle school antics group from man who is almost as old as my father.

You're welcome to your opinion…
YellowPot_97
AG
We truly are a nation of idiots.
Velvet Jones
AG
I live in Texas. I could vote for Gumby and it wouldn't matter.

Ag with kids
AG
FireAg said:

He appointed justices to overturn Roe and he started the wall…

All while being victimized by fabricated criminal prosecutions…
And pretty much EVERY GOP POTUS would have made SCOTUS picks like that - he just picked from the Heritage list.

I do appreciate that he did make those picks though.

Sorry that you got duped by the Dems on the indictment ****, though.
Joes
FireAg said:

Joes said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

We deserve the two moronic, dementia-addled liberals then.

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.
Third party pretty much assures four more years of this crap you good with that?

Wrong.

Nominating two old dementia-riddled corpses pretty much assures four more years of this crap.

Stop telling me that I have to vote for the less crappier of two crappy candidates. Stop telling me that my only option is to vote aganist the other party.

Give me a good candidate to vote for.

Agreed. I hate this blackmail BS. "You have to vote Trump now or else it means you love Biden and want communism!" Most of us see it that nominating Trump at all is what assures the Dems the win.

Well polling for now disagrees with you…

But you don't have to vote Trump…it's a free country…you do you…

In all likelihood I will vote for Trump, I did both previous times, but it's certainly still possible between now and the election for me just to decide to skip it entirely depending on events. If I do vote I'll probably be saying "Screw this dude" while I'm pulling the lever for him, though. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. If he's going to be an obvious loser anyway then I'd rather not have any part of it and have a clear conscience. Nothing is saving the country at this point anyway.
Ag with kids
AG
FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.

Do you not understand the difference between republican primary voters in Iowa versus the general do election where everyone votes?
Do you understand that if Desantis couldn't persuade gop voters he wasn't getting the crossover vote?

No, I don't because that's completely illogical. Persuading a MAGA wing is nowhere near the same as peeling off true swing voters.

I know Trumpers are new to this whole politics thing, but you do understand those are two different populations right?
lol I saw my candidate win a presidential election in 2016 and you? I also know the coveted swing vote is not really that big and is generally overstated, most people know who they are voting when they walk in the booth.

Congrats???

Ok?

They're wrong.

But, I get that they cannot believe that the man they have such an emotional attachment to could possible lose. Hell, they've already started the excuses just in case he loses yet again.

I'm not in the hate group, though. I'm in the sick and tired of the middle school antics group from man who is almost as old as my father.

You're welcome to your opinion…
Sure.

And if you said the Earth is flat, you'd be welcome to your opinion.

Doesn't change any facts, but, you do you...
Ag with kids
AG
TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Congrats???

Ok?

They're wrong.

You're in the full of **** group, got it.
Yes. He's full of **** and I'm tired of it.

Even though I voted for him twice.
Ag with kids
AG
Velvet Jones said:

I live in Texas. I could vote for Gumby and it wouldn't matter.

Semper Gumby.

Trump should adopt that as his campaign slogan.
Gigem314
AG
I hope DeSantis tries again in 2028. He's still my top pick.

But the stakes are too high to be petty…I'll be voting Trump to get Biden out.
OPAG
AG
Quote:

wonder how desatnis supporters think about that their boy endorsed Trump, is he a dumb MAGA now too?

The only thing that's dumb is this comment.

It is the type of comment made by someone who, some how finds some sort of joy, not over winning, but the opponent losing!

I'm of the opinion, the US lost today, the best possible Republican candidate (whom Trump should of passed the baton to from the very beginning) just stepped out.

I am not a MAGA, Nor am I against MAGA, it is Trump that created this divide. He acted like a hormonal teenage in his juvenile attacks and name calling against any one whom he may see as threat.

If Trump was truly for the best interest of the US he would know that he is extremely damaged goods and for the 'good of the country' would of supported Desantis and we would have a walk over win in 2024.

Why, because the MAGA voter is going to do whatever Trump tells them to do!

We went from having a slam dunk victory to having a 'fight for our lives' type of election between two boomer candidates one who is lightning rod and divisive, the other near vegetable proxy (he is just Obama's and Soros's and the WEF's stooge) who should both be sitting on the sidelines and if Trump really had the best interest of the nation at heart (and not his own wounded pride) he would of promoted Desantis from the start.

Having said that, I am an adult, who has the best interest of the country at heart. Therefore, I am not going to have a reactionary emotional reaction here, and go throw a childish tantrum in the corner. Furthermore, there should be no running around and 'spiking the football' in front of anyone's face here. This is not some silly stupid game we are playing here for smack talk privileges!

I will vote for Trump, (if there is one) why because the alternative is a speeded up death knell of this country that's why. This is not a time to get offended and make or not make a vote on emotional principle!

Now I believe that Trump did win the last election and that it was stolen, I understand all this 'unjust' lawfare and Trump just cannot walk away - (I believe it very easily could be part of a 'psyop' from the establishment to get Trump sympathy votes and to energize the MAGA movement and discount other potentially good truly conservative options , LIKE DESANTIS.) , Still if he was really for the best interest of MAGA, he would not have attack Desantis with such juvenile attacks because now there will be some Desantis supporters who will not vote for Trump because of it, And he is going to need every vote he can get, if not more! LOL
TAMUallen
AG
Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Congrats???

Ok?

They're wrong.

You don't hate him but dedicate your posting to detest him in any way possible. That totally checks out.
911sAg
OPAG said:

Quote:

wonder how desatnis supporters think about that their boy endorsed Trump, is he a dumb MAGA now too?

The only thing that's dumb is this comment.

It is the type of comment made by someone who, some how finds some sort of joy, not over winning, but the opponent losing!

I'm of the opinion, the US lost today, the best possible Republican candidate (whom Trump should of passed the baton to from the very beginning) just stepped out.

I am not a MAGA, Nor am I against MAGA, it is Trump that created this divide. He acted like a hormonal teenage in his juvenile attacks and name calling against any one whom he may see as threat.

If Trump was truly for the best interest of the US he would know that he is extremely damaged goods and for the 'good of the country' would of supported Desantis and we would have a walk over win in 2024.

Why, because the MAGA voter is going to do whatever Trump tells them to do!

We went from having a slam dunk victory to having a 'fight for our lives' type of election between two boomer candidates one who is lightning rod and divisive, the other near vegetable proxy (he is just Obama's and Soros's and the WEF's stooge) who should both be sitting on the sidelines and if Trump really had the best interest of the nation at heart (and not his own wounded pride) he would of promoted Desantis from the start.

Having said that, I am an adult, who has the best interest of the country at heart. Therefore, I am not going to have a reactionary emotional reaction here, and go throw a childish tantrum in the corner. Furthermore, there should be no running around and 'spiking the football' in front of anyone's face here. This is not some silly stupid game we are playing here for smack talk privileges!

I will vote for Trump, (if there is one) why because the alternative is a speeded up death knell of this country that's why. This is not a time to get offended and make or not make a vote on emotional principle!

Now I believe that Trump did win the last election and that it was stolen, I understand all this 'unjust' lawfare and Trump just cannot walk away - (I believe it very easily could be part of a 'psyop' from the establishment to get Trump sympathy votes and to energize the MAGA movement and discount other potentially good truly conservative options , LIKE DESANTIS.) , Still if he was really for the best interest of MAGA, he would not have attack Desantis with such juvenile attacks because now there will be some Desantis supporters who will not vote for Trump because of it, And he is going to need every vote he can get, if not more! LOL
its not a dumb comment DeSantis would rather vote for Trump than 4 more years of Biden, which some of you would at this point love Trump to lose and have Biden president its really sad.
Ag with kids
AG
FireAg said:

Joes said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.
Third party pretty much assures four more years of this crap you good with that?

Wrong.

Nominating two old dementia-riddled corpses pretty much assures four more years of this crap.

Stop telling me that I have to vote for the less crappier of two crappy candidates. Stop telling me that my only option is to vote aganist the other party.

Give me a good candidate to vote for.

Agreed. I hate this blackmail BS. "You have to vote Trump now or else it means you love Biden and want communism!" Most of us see it that nominating Trump at all is what assures the Dems the win.

Well polling for now disagrees with you…

But you don't have to vote Trump…it's a free country…you do you…
Polling on election day 2020 said that Trump lost to Biden.

You DO believe the polls, right?
Rockdoc
AG
Gigem314 said:

I hope DeSantis tries again in 2028. He's still my top pick.

But the stakes are too high to be petty…I'll be voting Trump to get Biden out.

Yep, don't like trump, but hate what Biden is doing to our country more. Simple for me.
aggie93
AG
911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

It doesn't work like that. DeSantis would be the candidate most likely to unify all sections of the GOP because he is the most acceptable to all parts of the GOP. Very, very few people in the GOP hate him and would never vote for him unlike Trump or Haley. He also would absolutely crossover with Suburban voters and Catholics which end up deciding General Elections because he is one.

He couldn't win because the Establishment and Con Media opposed him as they liked their candidates better and ignored the one guy that was likely to bring everyone together.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Just inches away from the victory two
Harder. You have to insult people harder if you want their votes.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Joes
Rockdoc said:

TAMUallen said:

It's hilarious seeing such butthurt from some posters

There's about a dozen on here that had rather see Biden again than vote for trump. It's one post after another. Not representative.

The flip side are the people that seem determined to go down with Trump just to "prove" that elections are being stolen. He is clearly the most hated man in America, fair or not, and it's who we've ended up with. So we're ****ed. Most people in this country will walk on cacti to vote against him. And now they will.
Ag with kids
AG

[There is no need to test out our language filters on every other post in a thread. Make your points with some amount of civility or just don't post. -Staff]
aggie93
AG
911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

He absolutely appeals to Trump/MAGA voters. They just like Trump more. He absolutely appeals to Traditional GOP voters because he uses Reagan quotes and acts with class. He has very few true enemies or people that hate him, they just like their preferred candidate better. People hate Trump and they hate Haley. A lot of them. You win undecideds because they hate the other guy more.

This is politics 101 stuff.

Ronald Reagan
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It's up to Trump at this point to coalesce support around him to ensure victory. I didn't want him as the candidate, since he couldn't do it last time against arguably one of the easiest opponents in election history. I don't know what he will change in his strategy this time around as I've seen no indication that he's plans to do anything different than 2020. But maybe he surprises me and pulls it off.

I think the fact that people are constantly blaming each other in this thread instead of blaming the candidates is solid evidence indicating more failure coming to us. The GOP needs someone who can take responsibility. I hope im wrong.
TAMUallen
AG
Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

Ag with kids said:

FireAg said:

Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Congrats???

Ok?

They're wrong.

You don't hate him but dedicate your posting to detest him in any way possible. That totally checks out.
I "detest" him?

No. I'm ****ing tired of a geriatric acting like a 12 year old who is now only concerned with getting elected to build back his butthurt ego from 2020.

And I'm pretty sure that now the chances of getting rid of Biden have shrunk. Because I REALLY want to get rid of Biden.

Isn't that whole post pretty silly and more indicative of you? He hurts your feelings because of his delivery so you'll call him a ****ing geriatric and whine about a butthurt ego?
aggie93
AG
Foreverconservative said:

Dept of Education should be dissolved and leave it up to the states to handle their business. DoE is nothing but a money pit with no function other to allow the teachers union become a lobbyist.
DeSantis might have done that, zero chance with Trump. That's what we chose.

Ronald Reagan
richardag
911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

+
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
shiftyandquick
I'm sitting here laughing at the people talking about how much GOP voters love DeSantis when he is polling 5% in a 3-person field in South Carolina. He really captured the hearts and minds of conservatives! Don't worry, he's going to make Florida great again. Disney Corp beware!
Rapier108
aggie93 said:

Dept of Education should be dissolved and leave it up to the states to handle their business. DoE is nothing but a money pit with no function other to allow the teachers union become a lobbyist.
DeSantis might have done that, zero chance with Trump. That's what we chose.
Trump wants to expand it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggie93
AG
annie88 said:

I think DeSantis should try again in 2028.
Good chance of that, in spite of whatever people may write or say currently he is the frontrunner for '28. I'd be open to hearing anyone else. I can see others running for sure but DeSantis is going to be in a strong position regardless of what happens in November. If Trump loses he will be in an incredibly strong position.

Ronald Reagan
Infection_Ag11
AG
shiftyandquick said:

I'm sitting here laughing at the people talking about how much GOP voters love DeSantis when he is polling 5% in a 3-person field in South Carolina. He really captured the hearts and minds of conservatives! Don't worry, he's going to make Florida great again. Disney Corp beware!

His poll numbers are largely just a reflection of the number of voters that have been hypnotized by Trump and/or the number of voters wanting to "stick it to" the left and the media. They're not really much of an indictment of Desantis at all. Reagan in his political prime wouldn't be able to break the hold Trump has on this cycle.

The problem is that Trump winning the general is extremely unlikely barring near record low voter turnout.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG

Trump is on record saying he wants to expand the DoE.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MelvinUdall
shiftyandquick said:

Enjoy voting for Biden again, his policies have been so successful.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

SA68AG said:

Ag with kids said:

SA68AG said:

It's a sad time when the country rejects someone who could actually effectively govern and turn this country around.

I'll vote for Trump in the general as I did in 2016 and 2020 but this time I won't be contributing any money to his campaign - I'm not paying for his legal fees.

I have no doubt Trump will lose the general by continuing to say and do stupid things that will drive independents and suburban women back to Biden even though they know Biden is incompetent and his policies will hurt them economically.
This is the HUGE problem looming not just for Trump, but for the GOP. MAGA may donate, but Not Trump won't. Which means a small pool of money for the general...for the down ballot candidates included.
Your absolutely on point.

Unfortunately it's a problem Trump himself has created by putting his personal interests above the country's interest.

Trump is all about himself and to hell with the party, the downstream candidates and the country.

Is he? SCOTUS picks on line 2 for you…

If he is all about himself and not the country, why didn't he just pick his own SCOTUS nominees and throw his "what's best for conservative America" list out the window?
Trump picked the candidates he was told to pick and it was absolutely in his interest to do so. McConnell had already done the hard work of clearing the road with the filibuster gone. It's not like Trump has deep seated Constitutional thoughts on legal issues.

I'll give him credit for doing that but it would have been foolish for him not to.

Ronald Reagan
shiftyandquick
I get that Trump is a generational phenomenon and DeSantis was going to lose to the guy who has bombed the last 3 elections. Losing over and over is the way, until the GOP is dead. You can't make it up! It's you like guys want the GOP to die.
FireAg
AG
aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

SA68AG said:

Ag with kids said:

SA68AG said:

It's a sad time when the country rejects someone who could actually effectively govern and turn this country around.

I'll vote for Trump in the general as I did in 2016 and 2020 but this time I won't be contributing any money to his campaign - I'm not paying for his legal fees.

I have no doubt Trump will lose the general by continuing to say and do stupid things that will drive independents and suburban women back to Biden even though they know Biden is incompetent and his policies will hurt them economically.
This is the HUGE problem looming not just for Trump, but for the GOP. MAGA may donate, but Not Trump won't. Which means a small pool of money for the general...for the down ballot candidates included.

Unfortunately it's a problem Trump himself has created by putting his personal interests above the country's interest.

Trump is all about himself and to hell with the party, the downstream candidates and the country.

If he is all about himself and not the country, why didn't he just pick his own SCOTUS nominees and throw his "what's best for conservative America" list out the window?
Trump picked the candidates he was told to pick and it was absolutely in his interest to do so. McConnell had already done the hard work of clearing the road with the filibuster gone. It's not like Trump has deep seated Constitutional thoughts on legal issues.

I'll give him credit for doing that but it would have been foolish for him not to.

Agree would have been foolish, but for some folks, they'd argue "that's never stopped him from being foolish before!"

He made great picks from a great list that benefited states' rights in America…so he did something that benefitted America, and God bless him for it…
OPAG
AG
Quote:

It doesn't work like that. DeSantis would be the candidate most likely to unify all sections of the GOP because he is the most acceptable to all parts of the GOP. Very, very few people in the GOP hate him and would never vote for him unlike Trump or Haley. He also would absolutely crossover with Suburban voters and Catholics which end up deciding General Elections because he is one.

He couldn't win because the Establishment and Con Media opposed him as they liked their candidates better and ignored the one guy that was likely to bring everyone together.
THIS!

And Trump launched his juvenile attack against him first because Trump knew that Desantis was the one real threat to him getting the nomination. Trump is not for what is best for the US, he is in it for Trump and to get revenge. Still, even a selfish Trump is much better than the alternative, which is the death knell of the republic, we will not survive another 4 years of having a WEF UN puppet in the top seat of leadership in this country!
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

aggie93 said:

FireAg said:

SA68AG said:

Ag with kids said:

SA68AG said:

Agree would have been foolish, but for some folks, they'd argue "that's never stopped him from being foolish before!"

He made great picks from a great list that benefited states' rights in America…so he did something that benefitted America, and God bless him for it…
Correct, but you had responded that to a question about him doing something for himself and not the country. Appointing those Justices was definitely beneficial to himself. Might even keep him out of jail in the end.

Ronald Reagan
one safe place
Not dissing DeSantis because they all do it, but wonder why they say "suspends" their campaign? They are not suspending anything. They should say they are quitting, or dropping out of the race, or throwing in the towel. But politicians are like that, I guess. At least none have said "respect my decision."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.