Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,628 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
blacksox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This campaign has been dead for months and months.
aggie93
AG
Rapier108 said:

Polls will now start to shift back to showing Trump losing to Biden or any Democrat. Their job is now done and time to try to make themselves look credible again.

I wonder who MAGA will spend all their time rage hating on now.
Well they are going to get what they wanted good and hard now, we all get to FAFO with them.

My conscience is clear. I do hope they decide to pivot from "Let's insult conservatives and people that might vote for us harder and see if that helps to win them over!" as a tactic.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TexAgs91
AG
BigRobSA said:

Boo

We deserve the two moronic, dementia-addled liberals then.

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.

Splitting the GOP vote is a vote for Biden or whatever commie takes over. You may not like it but it's irrefutable basic math.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
IMnAg79
AG
Democrats did not want Trump.

Why are they trying to keep him off ballots if he is the one they prefer?
Kraft Punk
aggie93 said:

I do hope they decide to pivot from "Let's insult conservatives and people that might vote for us harder and see if that helps to win them over!" as a tactic.

This is rich coming from a desantite

Anyhow there's room on the Goat train, baby

Get on board unless you like biden
TCT Legend
I came here for the tears.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

I expect most of the DeSantis votes to go to Haley now. This will make the race much closer.

Doubtful.

He endorsed Trump in the video and slammed Haley as a retread of bygone GOP corporatism.

Sounds more like he will play a role in the potential Trump admin in the future.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Well damn. I knew he wasn't projected to do well in lib NH, but I thought he'd do better after that. I think he would have done much better if Trump wasn't in the race and he would have done better at MAGA than Trump, but I know Trump can end the misery.

It's time to stop splintering the Republican party and support Trump.

The epitome of irony.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Looks like four more years of the Dems running the White House.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
911sAg
SpreadsheetAg said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

I expect most of the DeSantis votes to go to Haley now. This will make the race much closer.

Doubtful.

He endorsed Trump in the video and slammed Haley as a retread of bygone GOP corporatism.

Sounds more like he will play a role in the potential Trump admin in the future.
Desantis endorsed trump wow? This wont still well with this board.
zephyr88
AG
So, the match has been declared...

Republicans - represented by old white man.

Vs.

Democrats - represented by old white man with dementia.

Wonderful.
BigRobSA
TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.

Splitting the GOP vote is a vote for Biden or whatever commie takes over. You may not like it but it's irrefutable basic math.

Wrong.

The GOP never owned my vote. They have to earn it. By selecting, yet again, a moronic liberal...and now one in mental decline...they failed that task.
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Vote for Trump OR ELSE!

The guilt trip campaign slogan.

My guy sucks balls but the other guy is worse.

Rah Team!
BigRobSA
zephyr88 said:

Vs.

Wonderful.

They both have it. Trump is early stage. Biden is President HousePlant.
911sAg
BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Wrong.

The GOP never owned my vote. They have to earn it. By selecting, yet again, a moronic liberal...and now one in mental decline...they failed that task.
so that helps the dem not sure how you dont' get this simple concept.
zoneag
zephyr88 said:

Vs.

Wonderful.

Would it somehow be better if they were a different race?
taterchip
BigRobSA said:

Boo

Go away, please! Trump is the in his rightful place to take back the country. He did a great job his first term and will right the ship to sailing in the right direction in his second term.
Ag with kids
AG
911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Wrong.

Well, then you shouldn't nominate someone that won't help the Dems...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
911sAg said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

Doubtful.

Go to 2:35 in the video
911sAg
Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Wrong.

Well, then you shouldn't nominate someone that will help the Dems...
ok so I am definitely not going to help a dem stay in office if you want to casue MuH PrincIPLes go for it.

aggiedent
AG
" We deserve the two moronic, dementia-addled liberals then.

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed."

That sums up my feeling, although I tend to phrase things a little kinder.
911sAg
SpreadsheetAg said:

911sAg said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

Doubtful.

Go to 2:35 in the video
wonder how desatnis supporters think about that their boy endorsed Trump, is he a dumb MAGA now too?
BigRobSA
911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Wrong.

You suck at this math thing. My vote was never, and is never, going to a liberal. Be he an R, or a D. Therefore, if a candidate earned my vote, it's only a +1. There is no -1. Again, party doesn't own my vote.
taterchip
DarkBrandon01 said:

I don't think so. He just indirectly endorsed Trump.
911sAg
BigRobSA said:

911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Wrong.

You suck at this math thing. My vote was never, and is never, going to a liberal. Be he an R, or a D. Therefore, if a candidate earned my vote, it's only a +1. There is no -1. Again, party doesn't own my vote.
every vote matters not sure how you dont' get that.
Sharpshooter
AG
AmI in the Zoo? Thought this was the Politics thread.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Doesn't matter who he "endorsed" the Dems have just been handed another 4 years of screwing us over on a silver platter
Dallas82
Crazy since Iowa's record of picking winners is spotty at best. In 2016 I believe Cruz won Iowa.
Rapier108
Quote:

"Let's insult conservatives and people that might vote for us harder and see if that helps to win them over!" as a tactic.
They're already doing it on this thread.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
taterchip
BigRobSA said:

911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Third party pretty much assures four more years of this crap you good with that?

How? The party of conservatives keeps choosing liberals. As a conservative, why should they get my vote? They have done nothing to earn it except not be named "democrat", although Trump was, and still is, one.

Yep, Trump is a liberal. That's laughable!!
BigRobSA
911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Wrong.

every vote matters not sure how you dont' get that.

Then the GOP should select a conservative, if my vote is important. Since they don't, it obviously isn't that important.
No Spin Ag
BigRobSA said:

Boo

Preach.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
DD88
AG
The Democrat Strategy prevailed in picking their opponent and the campaign will likely be all about Trump.

Hopefully, Obama's statement to never underestimate the ability of Biden to ... foul... things up is proven yet again.

I'll still vote for DeSantis in the Primary, but t's time to defend Trump and all his deficiencies once again and keep the Democrats from causing even more damage to our country.

dmart90
AG
TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

What a load of horse s***!
policywonk98
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

Really bizarre what some of you think DeSantis support is based upon. Haley might get about 10% of DeSantis support.

If you are so inclined go back to an episode of Ben Shapiro around the very first GOP debate. He did a great job of breaking down the lanes of GOP support and where each declared candidate exists and what will happen as people drop out. The chart has been amazingly accurate.

Needless to say, the bump for Haley will be minimal.

It's why so much of the fighting around here over the last 9 months has been such a waste of time and bandwidth and a lot more about fundamental misunderstandings of political ideology, motivations, and victories inside the walls of power.

Trumplicans were already assured the fight they wanted based on Iowa results. This just ties a bow around it. Now we get to see if it all turns out the way they want win or lose.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.