Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,634 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zoneag said:

zephyr88 said:

So, the match has been declared...

Republicans - represented by old white man.

Vs.

Democrats - represented by old white man with dementia.

Wonderful.

Would it somehow be better if they were a different race?
Good point... I was going somewhere else with my statement when I started it, but lost interest.

They just 2 old geezers in my book.

(and for Trump, I suppose I should've said orange)
Kraft Punk
At least now all the folks that voted for Biden in 2020 but were pretending to support Desantis can now go back to openly supporting the dnc establishment
Gunny456
AG
It won't matter a damn if Trump wins if the Republicans don't get a SOLID majority in both house and senate. A majority of 3-4 seats in the house and 1-2 in the senate accomplishes little in reality due to rhinos. Must be substantial in both or Trump will be nothing more than a broken wing, shot up, lame duck….. spending all his time fighting impeachments and law suits and accomplish little.
Hope folks realize that.
PatriotAg02
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Dems win

They got the best candidate of the race and get to run against their preferred opponent who will bomb with independents after they now ratchet up the legal attacks to 100 and cruise to easy victory

I'm tired of defending this inept party that only seems to want to be the token resistance minority party

Dems…….best candidate……

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** ARE YOU SMOKING?
BenFiasco14
AG
BigRobSA said:

Boo

We deserve the two moronic, dementia-addled liberals then.

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.

Assuming that means no RFK Jr either then huh?

Please enlighten us who your preferred third party candidate is.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
No Spin Ag
Maroon Dawn said:

Doesn't matter who he "endorsed" the Dems have just been handed another 4 years of screwing us over on a silver platter
DeSantis endorsed Trump, but this helps Nikki as well.

Now it's a two-person race, and many Never-Trumpers who were supporting DeSantis will just as likely go to Nikki as they will - albeit while hiding their noses - Trump.

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.

Nikki will be a threat, to a degree, and Trump, well, maybe in Trump's and maga's mind, but to the left, not so much.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
texagbeliever
PatriotAg02 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Dems win

They got the best candidate of the race and get to run against their preferred opponent who will bomb with independents after they now ratchet up the legal attacks to 100 and cruise to easy victory

I'm tired of defending this inept party that only seems to want to be the token resistance minority party

Dems…….best candidate……

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** ARE YOU SMOKING?
It is obvious. The guy who easily defeated the other republican candidates is clearly less popular than those candidates.
f1ghtintexasaggie
911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.

Splitting the GOP vote is a vote for Biden or whatever commie takes over. You may not like it but it's irrefutable basic math.

Wrong.

The GOP never owned my vote. They have to earn it. By selecting, yet again, a moronic liberal...and now one in mental decline...they failed that task.
so that helps the dem not sure how you dont' get this simple concept.

You suck at this math thing. My vote was never, and is never, going to a liberal. Be he an R, or a D. Therefore, if a candidate earned my vote, it's only a +1. There is no -1. Again, party doesn't own my vote.
every vote matters not sure how you dont' get that.

Then nominate someone worth voting for. I'm not sure how you don't get that.
aggie93
AG
Kraft Punk said:

aggie93 said:

I do hope they decide to pivot from "Let's insult conservatives and people that might vote for us harder and see if that helps to win them over!" as a tactic.

This is rich coming from a desantite

Anyhow there's room on the Goat train, baby

Get on board unless you like biden
Harder, you have to insult harder!

Look my guy is out and I have said repeatedly I would vote for the R but yes, great time to throw in parting shots.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ag with kids
AG
911sAg said:

Ag with kids said:

911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Splitting the GOP vote is a vote for Biden or whatever commie takes over. You may not like it but it's irrefutable basic math.

Wrong.

The GOP never owned my vote. They have to earn it. By selecting, yet again, a moronic liberal...and now one in mental decline...they failed that task.
so that helps the dem not sure how you dont' get this simple concept.
Well, then you shouldn't nominate someone that will help the Dems...
ok so I am definitely not going to help a dem stay in office if you want to casue MuH PrincIPLes go for it.

Ok.

Guilt trips work on the weak minded. I'm not.

Are you?
StandUpforAmerica
A message for all the never trumpers who are going to waste a vote by voting third party or by staying home.

Quote:

Primary is over, DeSantis has stated it's going to be #Trump, and I will not pretend I like or admire trump personally.... I really don't. But I will crawl through broken glass to avoid another 4 years of marxism, a stacked Supreme Court, two new forever Democrat states. I disagree with any argument about staying home on election day..... this may be the last election day we have a semi constitutional republic. If
@RonDeSantis
can stomach the lies about him, his record, and coalesce behind the Nominee, then that's good enough for me. On a personal note, I have family in the armed forces at this moment and the thought of having Joe biden be the commander in chief for 5 years from today is not worth it to me. My main message is I am very upset about the outcome of this primary.... but I can't stomach kids getting sterilized and getting their genitals mutilated in the name of Trans ideology which biden supports. So I am voting straight ticket GOP in the general. Time will tell who was right about their warnings but I would so much rather be wrong and live in a free country then be right and live under tyranny. Vote
GisselMcDonald
TexAgs91 said:

It's time to stop splintering the Republican party and support Trump.
911sAg
Quote:

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.
how can you say that if he can't even win a primary?
No Spin Ag
Gunny456 said:

It won't matter a damn if Trump wins if the Republicans don't get a SOLID majority in both house and senate. A majority of 3-4 seats in the house and 1-2 in the senate accomplishes little in reality due to rhinos. Must be substantial in both or Trump will be nothing more than a broken wing, shot up, lame duck….. spending all his time fighting impeachments and law suits and accomplish little.
Hope folks realize that.
As long as Trump acts like "I am your retribution." and mean tweets, that's all maga cares about. That Trump will get nothing accomplished doesn't matter; they'll have the "win" they wanted - even if, in the real world, that "win" accomplishes literally nothing of consequence.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Ag with kids
AG
aggie93 said:

Kraft Punk said:

aggie93 said:

I do hope they decide to pivot from "Let's insult conservatives and people that might vote for us harder and see if that helps to win them over!" as a tactic.

Look my guy is out and I have said repeatedly I would vote for the R but yes, great time to throw in parting shots.
And this is even better.

First, toss the guilt trip and you. Then insult you. Then DEMAND you provide fealty.

Great campaign strategy. Bet it makes the independents just rush to his side.
aggie93
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Doesn't matter who he "endorsed" the Dems have just been handed another 4 years of screwing us over on a silver platter
DeSantis endorsed Trump, but this helps Nikki as well.

Now it's a two-person race, and many Never-Trumpers who were supporting DeSantis will just as likely go to Nikki as they will - albeit while hiding their noses - Trump.

Nikki will be a threat, to a degree, and Trump, well, maybe in Trump's and maga's mind, but to the left, not so much.
Nikki has no path among Republican voters. She may do a last stand in NH but that is only with a lot of Dems and Indys voting in the primary. Can't sustain that and she has no true base of supporters.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
zoneag
zephyr88 said:

zoneag said:

zephyr88 said:

So, the match has been declared...

Republicans - represented by old white man.

Vs.

Democrats - represented by old white man with dementia.

Wonderful.

Would it somehow be better if they were a different race?
Good point... I was going somewhere else with my statement when I started it, but lost interest.

They just 2 old geezers in my book.

(and for Trump, I suppose I should've said orange)

Fair enough and I feel the same way. Unbelievable that we're down to two octogenarians.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

If you include the most popular 3rd party candidate, that makes for three moronic, dementia-addled liberals.
Ag with kids
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Gunny456 said:

Hope folks realize that.
As long as Trump acts like "I am your retribution." and mean tweets, that's all maga cares about. That Trump will get nothing accomplished doesn't matter; they'll have the "win" they wanted - even if, in the real world, that "win" accomplishes literally nothing of consequence.

Trump is already backing off of retribution.

But he said it before so it is beyond contestation now.
Infection_Ag11
AG
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag with kids
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

TexAgs91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

If you include the most popular 3rd party candidate, that makes for three moronic, dementia-addled liberals.
Who is that again? I haven't paid attention to that.
infinity ag
zephyr88 said:

infinity ag said:

What did you guys expect? DeSantis numbers were absymal.

You all act suprised.
Looks like he knew he was going to get blown out by Trump (again) AND get shellacked by Nimrata next week.

So when is Nimrata going to drop out?

I think Vivek will be given some job if Trump becomes President. Nimmi and DeS will be out in the cold.
Kraft Punk
aggie93 said:

Kraft Punk said:

aggie93 said:

You've actually been civil throughout & offered great discussion & viewpoint

The bulk of Desantis supporters on this board have been a clownshow though

I still think Ron is the future, I'm hopeful he & Trump team up
mslags97
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Dems win

Oh. My. Gosh.

Moronic post of the year so far. Best candidate? Really?

I'm a big DeSantis fan. Big. Huge. Not a Trump fan in the least; but he is head and shoulders and 20 more feet over Biden as the better candidate. How stupid…..

This was inevitable. It's time to push for the general. Getting the dims out of the WH is all that matters right now. Period. DeSantis sees this as well. Time to combine forces and attack. Hopefully the entire country will see this as the case and get on board and get in full attack mode.
J. Walter Weatherman
Kraft Punk said:

At least now all the folks that voted for Biden in 2020 but were pretending to support Desantis can now go back to openly supporting the dnc establishment

Good luck finding one.
PatriotAg02
AG
I still don't get why people "hate" Trump other than because the MSM told you to. Especially to the point of voting 3rd party to democrat. Might want to get your brain checked if it still exists.
shiftyandquick
My prediction that he would drop out after the Iowa results came true. I kept the receipts. And yes, he bows the knee to the Emperor God.
34blast
I was a Ron guy, Trump second. What happens if dems get Trump disqualified? I really don't want Haley.
911sAg
PatriotAg02 said:

I still don't get why people "hate" Trump other than because the MSM told you to. Especially to the point of voting 3rd party to democrat. Might want to get your brain checked if it still exists.
Yep makes no sense they rather see 4 more of this current garbage cause orange man bad, they are same as liberals at this point.
BenFiasco14
AG
911sAg said:

Quote:

Do you not understand the difference between republican primary voters in Iowa versus the general election where everyone votes?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
No Spin Ag
911sAg said:

Quote:

Simple: the primaries are the die-hard who spend tons of time invested in political voters. The rest of the country, which is actually the vast majority of the voting population, has a larger portion than maga that truly abhors Trump. They don't have the same sentiment of DeSantis, or anyone else.

DeSantis not beating a maga-supported primary isn't that much of a stretch. DeSantis is a good alternative to the CMs and independents who voted against Trump last time and want to come back home to the right on Election Day. Those people will not come back to pull the lever for the person whose existence disgusts them.

Still, maga needs to revel in this moment, and even if Trump gets the nomination, because it's likely to be the las win they'll have this year.
J. Walter Weatherman
GisselMcDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

It's time to stop splintering the Republican party and support Trump.

Agreed. Much like Trump, I will not pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee.
Maroon Dawn
AG
911sAg said:

PatriotAg02 said:

Yep makes no sense they rather see 4 more of this current garbage cause orange man bad, they are same as liberals at this point.

It's that we have the common sense to see that he has zero chance to win the General because the Independents will not vote for him after the 24/7 legal attacks they will launch once he has the nomination.
policywonk98
AG
Some of you DeSantis supporters that stuck it out since last May. More power to ya. I saw early on that nothing I would say would really help Trumplicans understand that DeSantis support is not NeverTrump support.

After seeing it fall on deaf ears time after time back in May and June I decided to sit most of the back and forth out. Just not worth the time.

Let them spike the footballs on the field you were never actually even on. It's not worth your time.
BigRobSA
BenFiasco14 said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Assuming that means no RFK Jr either then huh?

Please enlighten us who your preferred third party candidate is.

Kennedy? LOLNope. Again, no votes for liberals.

I haven't even looked at 3rd party people yet. I'd hoped that the GOP wasn't still filled with morons. I was wrong.

If nobody decent, I'll write in someone or just won't vote for President and vote down ballot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.