Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,633 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
RebelE Infantry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
45-70Ag
AG
Haley should too
Maroon Dawn
AG
Dems win

They got the best candidate of the race and get to run against their preferred opponent who will bomb with independents after they now ratchet up the legal attacks to 100 and cruise to easy victory

I'm tired of defending this inept party that only seems to want to be the token resistance minority party

P.H. Dexippus
AG
WTF

I hate our current primary system.
hph6203
AG
Their best candidate is Dean Phillips. They get their best puppet.
aggie93
AG
Bummed but not surprised. I'm proud to have supported him and what he stands for and will do so in the future. Excellent concession and he does endorse Trump while pointing out their disagreements.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Old McDonald
rose to prominence fighting covid lockdowns, then meandered through ill-advised culture war slap fights when there were no more covid lockdowns to fight. not to mention the much more charismatic orange elephant in the room. he was doomed from the start.
BigRobSA
Boo

We deserve the two moronic, dementia-addled liberals then.

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Old McDonald said:

rose to prominence fighting covid lockdowns, then meandered through ill-advised culture war slap fights when there were no more covid lockdowns to fight. not to mention the much more charismatic orange elephant in the room. he was doomed from the start.
Thanks for your take, lib
JDL 96
FFFFFFFFFFF.
Unbelievable to me we have such an obvious slam dunk candidate (DeSantis) who dominated in Florida, got Covid right, etc. etc., and the GOP goes with a very damaged 77 year old candidate who was foisted on us by the media and dems.
Big win for the dems.
sanangelo
AG
Damned good speech
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
zephyr88
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

WTF

I hate our current primary system.
Completely ****ed up.

We allow a flyover state and a tiny Yankee state squelch the process. It's like the other 48 don't even matter (until November).
911sAg
BigRobSA said:

Boo

Third party it is. This country is filled with abject morons. Trump? Biden? This country is ****ed.
Third party pretty much assures four more years of this crap you good with that?
AggieVictor10
AG
As i hit a life changing event that brought me from one of my highest points in life, to one of my most difficult points in my life, i eill hold those words closely. Thanks Ron.
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
Owlagdad
We get what we deserve now.
And it sucks that democrat Iowa and New Hampshire dictate so much.
Let's see if Trump can be worth a *****
zoneag
Old McDonald said:

It's always nice to see a leftist diagnose what's wrong with candidates they'd never cast a vote for.
Maroon Dawn
AG
What's worse, this really feels like the GOP RINO Swamp wing coalescing behind Haley to try and push her over Trump

So sick of being reminded the Swamp does the real choosing, not the people
aggie93
AG
JDL 96 said:

FFFFFFFFFFF.
Unbelievable to me we have such an obvious slam dunk candidate (DeSantis) who dominated in Florida, got Covid right, etc. etc., and the GOP goes with a very damaged 77 year old candidate who was foisted on us by the media and dems.
Big win for the dems.

Yep, they got the guy they wanted. Hopefully Trump can make lighting strike twice. Buckle up for a wild 10 months to come.

Saw this comment and it's spot on:

"People now get to fight over which 80 year old liberal is less corrupt."

That's what we have chosen.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
DarkBrandon01
AG
I expect most of the DeSantis votes to go to Haley now. This will make the race much closer.
infinity ag
What did you guys expect? DeSantis numbers were absymal.

You all act suprised.
Rapier108
Polls will now start to shift back to showing Trump losing to Biden or any Democrat. Their job is now done and time to try to make themselves look credible again.

I wonder who MAGA will spend all their time rage hating on now.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
dmart90
AG
Well, bye.

Hopefully Trump runs aground and the Rs nominate someone that's not an addled geriatric.
zephyr88
AG
Well, he made it one primary longer than Kamala.

Owlagdad
DarkBrandon01 said:

I expect most of the DeSantis votes to go to Haley now. This will make the race much closer.

I don't know. She gets more and more baggage exposed
911sAg
infinity ag said:

You all act suprised.
They just blame MAGA instead of Ron who ran a terrible campaign look at the posts, even blaming the two-party system.

Laughable.
BigRobSA
911sAg said:

BigRobSA said:

Boo

Third party pretty much assures four more years of this crap you good with that?

How? The party of conservatives keeps choosing liberals. As a conservative, why should they get my vote? They have done nothing to earn it except not be named "democrat", although Trump was, and still is, one.
policywonk98
AG
My picks

2016 Scott Walker
2024 Ron DeSantis

What can I say. I like Gov Execs that know how government works and want to reduce it. I had no idea I would be in the minority.

Also for the record. When the largest media/entertainment company in world history decides to attack the public policies voted on by the democratically elected representatives of your state and they enjoy enormous property benefits that no other company in your state enjoy. You fight back for your state and its voters.

That's not looking for a fight, that's called not backing down from one.

There is a difference.

aggie93
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

You don't know many DeSantis supporters then. They will likely split 80/20 Trump.

Ronald Reagan
Kraft Punk
Beahahahahaha
TexAgs91
AG
Well damn. I knew he wasn't projected to do well in lib NH, but I thought he'd do better after that. I think he would have done much better if Trump wasn't in the race and he would have done better at MAGA than Trump, but I know Trump can end the misery.

It's time to stop splintering the Republican party and support Trump.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Gunny456
AG
Why slam " the party"???? It's the voters causing this. If the people were behind RD he would not be dropping out. The
Issue is the conservative voters in this country won't quit supporting Trump. The numbers say it all. Does not have anything to do with " the party".
Old McDonald
P.H. Dexippus said:

Old McDonald said:

Thanks for your take, lib
called this two years ago, should've listened
zephyr88
AG
infinity ag said:

You all act suprised.
Looks like he knew he was going to get blown out by Trump (again) AND get shellacked by Nimrata next week.
zephyr88
AG
How long until Trump praises him like Tim Scott and Vivek?
ApachePilot
AG
2028!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.