Ron DeSantis Suspends Campaign

27,630 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Waffledynamics
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag with kids said:

No Spin Ag said:

Gunny456 said:

It won't matter a damn if Trump wins if the Republicans don't get a SOLID majority in both house and senate. A majority of 3-4 seats in the house and 1-2 in the senate accomplishes little in reality due to rhinos. Must be substantial in both or Trump will be nothing more than a broken wing, shot up, lame duck….. spending all his time fighting impeachments and law suits and accomplish little.
Hope folks realize that.
As long as Trump acts like "I am your retribution." and mean tweets, that's all maga cares about. That Trump will get nothing accomplished doesn't matter; they'll have the "win" they wanted - even if, in the real world, that "win" accomplishes literally nothing of consequence.

Trump is already backing off of retribution.

But he said it before so it is beyond contestation now.
It'll be one of many ads the left can use, and all they need to do is use his own words and social media posts. At which time, Trump can either say he was lying, didn't mean it, or did mean it then but changed his mind. All of which won't help him outside of his maga.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
ttu_85
aggie93 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

I expect most of the DeSantis votes to go to Haley now. This will make the race much closer.
You don't know many DeSantis supporters then. They will likely split 80/20 Trump.
This guy is far left. These clowns are out with crow bars trying to drive wedges in the conservative base.

This is a very disappointing turn of events. DeSantis was the best conservative candidate in decades.
I understand how 1st century Rome must have felt with all those loser emperors such as Nero and Caligula.

Trump it is.
911sAg
BenFiasco14 said:

911sAg said:

Quote:

Regardless, Biden and the Dems could not be happier because DeSantis was the biggest threat to Biden getting a second term.
how can you say that if he can't even win a primary?

Do you not understand the difference between republican primary voters in Iowa versus the general do election where everyone votes?
Do you understand that if Desantis couldn't persuade gop voters he wasn't getting the crossover vote?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

GisselMcDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

It's time to stop splintering the Republican party and support Trump.

Agreed. Much like Trump, I will not pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee.
So virtuous.
Ag with kids
AG
GisselMcDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

But why would Trump not sign the pledge?

Would have have not supported another nominee? But that means he was willing to let Biden WIN!!!!!!!!!
911sAg
Maroon Dawn said:

911sAg said:

PatriotAg02 said:

I still don't get why people "hate" Trump other than because the MSM told you to. Especially to the point of voting 3rd party to democrat. Might want to get your brain checked if it still exists.
Yep makes no sense they rather see 4 more of this current garbage cause orange man bad, they are same as liberals at this point.

It's that we have the common sense to see that he has zero chance to win the General because the Independents will not vote for him after the 24/7 legal attacks they will launch once he has the nomination.
So the media wasn't going to attack Ron with the same vigor?
texagbeliever
policywonk98 said:

Some of you DeSantis supporters that stuck it out since last May. More power to ya. I saw early on that nothing I would say would really help Trumplicans understand that DeSantis support is not NeverTrump support.

After seeing it fall on deaf ears time after time back in May and June I decided to sit most of the back and forth out. Just not worth the time.

Let them spike the footballs on the field you were never actually even on. It's not worth your time.
Most Trumplicans understand that DeSantis isn't nevertrump. They just understand that the republican party in America is looking for an outsider. And DeSantis failed and was likely always fated to fail at that. Note that doesn't mean he will be a failure forever.
ttu_85
Kraft Punk said:

At least now all the folks that voted for Biden in 2020 but were pretending to support Desantis can now go back to openly supporting the dnc establishment
This is beyond wrong and stupid or is a troll. All you saw was someone questioning dear leader. Probably couldn't understand the issues.
texagbeliever
Ag with kids said:

GisselMcDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

Would have have not supported another nominee? But that means he was willing to let Biden WIN!!!!!!!!!
I know you aren't being serious, but Trump wouldn't sign it as a move to signal he is an outsider. It is shallow but on his message point.
infinity ag
I was going to vote for Vivek.

Now that he is out, I am voting for Trump. I voted for him both times earlier.
J. Walter Weatherman
Funky Winkerbean said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

GisselMcDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

Agreed. Much like Trump, I will not pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee.
So virtuous.

Just following the lead of the apparent leader of the GOP. Apparently it's perfectly fine when he says it but not anyone else.
Aggie95
AG
If the Dems can replace Biden at the last minute if necessary....so can the GOP.
policywonk98
AG
texagbeliever said:

policywonk98 said:

Some of you DeSantis supporters that stuck it out since last May. More power to ya. I saw early on that nothing I would say would really help Trumplicans understand that DeSantis support is not NeverTrump support.

After seeing it fall on deaf ears time after time back in May and June I decided to sit most of the back and forth out. Just not worth the time.

Let them spike the footballs on the field you were never actually even on. It's not worth your time.
Most Trumplicans understand that DeSantis isn't nevertrump. They just understand that the republican party in America is looking for an outsider. And DeSantis failed and was likely always fated to fail at that. Note that doesn't mean he will be a failure forever.

Once the rhetoric matches the claim you make here I will believe it. Pretty good size city could have had energy generated for all the houses burning the number of strawmen I read around here since last May.
AggieBucksJB
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

I expect most of the DeSantis votes to go to Haley now. This will make the race much closer.
He just endorsed Trump. How does this help Haley? She will do okay in New Hampshire but will get destroyed in her home state of South Carolina.
Sea Speed
AG
Best candidate of my lifetime.....POOF
Jeeper79
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

What's worse, this really feels like the GOP RINO Swamp wing coalescing behind Haley to try and push her over Trump

So sick of being reminded the Swamp does the real choosing, not the people
No, the people still do the choosing. Most people are moderate, and "The swamp" is moderate.
BigRobSA
texagbeliever said:

Ag with kids said:

GisselMcDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

I know you aren't being serious, but Trump wouldn't sign it as a move to signal he is an outsider. It is shallow but on his message point.

Only a moron would think an EX-PRESIDENT is an outsider. He wasn't before and, by definition, isn't now.

Good Lord....
Jeeper79
AG
Rapier108 said:

Polls will now start to shift back to showing Trump losing to Biden or any Democrat. Their job is now done and time to try to make themselves look credible again.

I wonder who MAGA will spend all their time rage hating on now.
Haley of course
BigRobSA
No Spin Ag said:

Ag with kids said:

No Spin Ag said:

Gunny456 said:

It won't matter a damn if Trump wins if the Republicans don't get a SOLID majority in both house and senate. A majority of 3-4 seats in the house and 1-2 in the senate accomplishes little in reality due to rhinos. Must be substantial in both or Trump will be nothing more than a broken wing, shot up, lame duck….. spending all his time fighting impeachments and law suits and accomplish little.
Hope folks realize that.
As long as Trump acts like "I am your retribution." and mean tweets, that's all maga cares about. That Trump will get nothing accomplished doesn't matter; they'll have the "win" they wanted - even if, in the real world, that "win" accomplishes literally nothing of consequence.

Trump is already backing off of retribution.

But he said it before so it is beyond contestation now.
It'll be one of many ads the left can use, and all they need to do is use his own words and social media posts. At which time, Trump can either say he was lying, didn't mean it, or did mean it then but changed his mind. All of which won't help him outside of his maga.

I foresee another class on magnets in our future.
SA68AG
AG
It's a sad time when the country rejects someone who could actually effectively govern and turn this country around.

I'll vote for Trump in the general as I did in 2016 and 2020 but this time I won't be contributing any money to his campaign - I'm not paying for his legal fees.

I have no doubt Trump will lose the general by continuing to say and do stupid things that will drive independents and suburban women back to Biden even though they know Biden is incompetent and his policies will hurt them economically.
texagbeliever
policywonk98 said:

texagbeliever said:

policywonk98 said:

Once the rhetoric matches the claim you make here I will believe it. Pretty good size city could have had energy generated for all the houses burning the number of strawmen I read around here since last May.
Outsider is the MAGA brand and Trump is the figurehead of it. It is all over Trump's rhetoric. Pro-America and Outsider that is what Trump campaigns on.
zephyr88
AG
zoneag said:

zephyr88 said:

zoneag said:

zephyr88 said:

So, the match has been declared...

Republicans - represented by old white man.

Vs.

Democrats - represented by old white man with dementia.

Wonderful.

Would it somehow be better if they were a different race?
Good point... I was going somewhere else with my statement when I started it, but lost interest.

They just 2 old geezers in my book.

(and for Trump, I suppose I should've said orange)
Fair enough and I feel the same way. Unbelievable that we're down to two octogenarians.
I'm expecting turnout to the primaries to reach an all-time low once Hally bails in February.
AggieBucksJB
AG
SA68AG said:

It's a sad time when the country rejects someone who could actually effectively govern and turn this country around.

I'll vote for Trump in the general as I did in 2016 and 2020 but this time I won't be contributing any money to his campaign - I'm not paying for his legal fees.

I have no doubt Trump will lose the general by continuing to say and do stupid things that will drive independents and suburban women back to Biden even though they know Biden is incompetent and his policies will hurt them economically.
If Trump wins will you be happy or sad? I will be rejoicing in the street that it's not Biden and his very progressive cabinet.
texagbeliever
BigRobSA said:

texagbeliever said:

Ag with kids said:

GisselMcDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

Only a moron would think an EX-PRESIDENT is an outsider. He wasn't before and, by definition, isn't now.

Good Lord....
Yeah that former president was really embraced by DC and he did a great job buddying up with them. They all got along. Wait, the "inside" did things like crossfire hurricane, maliciously prosecuted General Flynn (top aide), raided his home, has trumped up 93 charges. Do you think that sounds like a guy the "inside" has accepted?

The world doesn't revolve around BigRob's perspective. Seeing how he is treated by others is a great way to see the world more realistically.
TAMU1990
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

What's worse, this really feels like the GOP RINO Swamp wing coalescing behind Haley to try and push her over Trump

No, the people still do the choosing. Most people are moderate, and "The swamp" is moderate.
The swamp is NOT moderate. I do not call people who are center right moderate. Center left, yes.
policywonk98
AG
texagbeliever said:

policywonk98 said:

texagbeliever said:

policywonk98 said:

Outsider is the MAGA brand and Trump is the figurehead of it. It is all over Trump's rhetoric. Pro-America and Outsider that is what Trump campaigns on.

Since you responded to me I'm going to just keep talking about my point and ignoring this separate point you are trying to make that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Perhaps I should have continued my virtual silence on this subject. I'm not going to waste my time talking with anyone trying to make separate points piggybacking on my posts.
Fat Black Swan
AG
There was way too much vitriol between the two sides. The worst case scenario was pissing off a percentage of Trump's base for the long haul over the tiny odds of winning in 2024.
BonfireNerd04
Well, I guess I'll be voting for Nikki Haley, since she's the only slightly-better-than-Trump candidate left.

We really need to get rid of this system where Iowa and New Hampshire get to limit the candidate field for the rest of the country.
FTAG 2000
AG
zephyr88 said:

So, the match has been declared...

Republicans - represented by old white man.

Vs.

Democrats - represented by old white man with dementia.

Wonderful.

Na this has all been planned. We will see Biden step down or otherwise be forced out at a time of maximum convenience. And in will step Gavin
BoydCrowder13
Sigh.

Y'all enjoy voting in November. I'm sitting this one out and focusing on state elections.
911sAg
TAMU1990 said:

Jeeper79 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

The swamp is NOT moderate. I do not call people who are center right moderate. Center left, yes.
Amazing how ignorant people are.
dmz233
AG
Damn. Was really hoping for a chance to vote for DeSantis! Trump it is.
BigRobSA
texagbeliever said:

BigRobSA said:

texagbeliever said:

Ag with kids said:

GisselMcDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

Good Lord....
Yeah that former president was really embraced by DC and he did a great job buddying up with them. They all got along. Wait, the "inside" did things like crossfire hurricane, maliciously prosecuted General Flynn (top aide), raided his home, has trumped up 93 charges. Do you think that sounds like a guy the "inside" has accepted?

The world doesn't revolve around BigRob's perspective. Seeing how he is treated by others is a great way to see the world more realistically.

Sounds like a decades-long insider that pissed a lot of people off. He was an insider way before he even ran in 2000. Just as a user, instead of the used.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
texagbeliever said:

policywonk98 said:

No. They aren't looking for an outsider, they are only and solely looking for Trump. A guy who is not an outsider, who ran for POTUS 3x and who was POTUS for 4 years. The actual outsider guy of them all, Vivek, got no traction.
SA68AG
AG
AggieBucksJB said:

SA68AG said:

If Trump wins will you be happy or sad? I will be rejoicing in the street that it's not Biden and his very progressive cabinet.

I'll be ecstatic if Trump beats Biden or any dem.

Having said that I doubt that Trump will get much, if anything, significant done in his second term other than ensuring that no democratic policies are enacted. Of course that is a huge deal.

I don't see Trump winning though. Too many people hate him and he's likely to have been convicted of something by the election which will turn a lot more people off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.