F-35 missing

42,006 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
555-PINF
How long do you want to ignore this user?

That's the King Air flight path. There's also a SC State chopper and several other unidentified planes making patterned passes over that general area.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
#FJB
nortex97
AG
I expect very little honesty from our government but I am a bit dumbfounded they are claiming they still don't know where this thing went down.
fc2112
aggiehawg
AG
nortex97 said:

I expect very little honesty from our government but I am a bit dumbfounded they are claiming they still don't know where this thing went down.
Agree. It is not like it disappeared over an area the size of the Florida Everglades, for example. The search grid should have been much smaller than that.
Texaggie7nine
Pookers said:

Tinfoil take:

This missing jet will be used in a false flag of some sort that will be blamed on Russia / Chyna. Zero reason to disclose this missing aircraft to the public other than to lay the foundation for some future event.

Or blame it on AI. Like in the movie Stealth
7nine
Agthatbuilds
Technically, no
flakrat
AG
fc2112 said:

The Bee continues to deliver
whatthehey78
AG
My question(s):
1. What has the pilot said about the incident?
2. Why did he think it necessary he eject?
3a. Was the aircraft flying erratically or unstable? 3b. If yes...how so?
4. What has his wingman said about the incident?
5. Not a single "local" has offered a statement or speculation based on his/her visual where the plane is?

I could go on...but you get the idea.
Get Off My Lawn
CanyonAg77 said:

Bellards Boys said:

China did this (on a bigger scale).

This was payment for keeping the US political elite out of the spotlight.

What movie is that from? That's a pretty cool aircraft, a civilian owned C-130A, built in 1955. Used for a lot of movies, including Fast and Furious 7, where they dropped cars out the back.
only slightly more plausibly…

rwtxag83
AG
I haven't read the whole thread, but here's the ??? Can the F35B the VTOL version land autonomously? If it can, there's a good chance it set down softly somewhere and they can go get it when it's located.
Greater love hath no man than this....
CanyonAg77
AG
aggiehawg said:

Pookers said:

aggiehawg said:

All military aviation? WTH is going on here?
Electronic warfar?
Maybe but could it be that directed to only military jets and not affect commercial aviation in the area? Isn't the base landing strip not too far from the regular airport?

Not going to claim I'm sure, but I believe that the base and the airport share runways. Happens lots of places, Albuquerque for one example.

Been told of an F-16 guy that landed at Charleston with a hydraulic failure. That required turning on a generator (or pump) fueled by hydrazine. That requires a hazmat team to service the plane after landing. This poor guy landed safely, and rolled to a stop. Once stopped, he has no brakes and can't more again.

Unfortunately, he stopped right where the two main runways cross, effectively shutting down the airport for hours.

https://www.live5news.com/2021/05/28/f-makes-emergency-landing-joint-base-charleston/
GAC06
AG
That F-35 is out of MCAS Beaufort
GAC06
AG
https://abcnews4.com/newsletter-daily/missing-f-35b-jet-search-lake-city-florence-county-joint-base-charleston-north-charleston-aircraft-marine-corps-beaufort-lake-moultrie-marion-south-carolina

Found debris
Hondo.
UPDATE: SOUTH TEXAS.

AIRCRAFT NOISE HEARD THIS MORNING 10:30AM, HEADED WEST
fc2112
Welp, here comes an AR to activate the locator beacon if the TRS fires.
aTmAg
AG
It can land autonomously. Though it probably would set fire to wherever it landed.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Not going to claim I'm sure, but I believe that the base and the airport share runways. Happens lots of places, Albuquerque for one example.
I believe you are correct Joint Base owns the runways.
Ag with kids
AG
Gator92 said:

aggiehawg said:

ADS-B Exchange shows over 250 military flights of all types currently over US...

Buncha planes flying out of NAS-CCAD right now.
Ag with kids
AG
rwtxag83 said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but here's the ??? Can the F35B the VTOL version land autonomously? If it can, there's a good chance it set down softly somewhere and they can go get it when it's located.
Is it PHYSICALLY possible? Yes.

Is it something that's programmed in the FCC? Doubt it.
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Quote:

Is it possible to aerial refuel an F35 while on autopilot w/ no pilot onboard?
No
Duck before a certain someone comes on to tell you that of course it's possible and you just don't know what you're talking about...
aggiehawg
AG
Good news that no one on the ground was affected by the crash. Still seems to me those residents that heard a low flying plane and a BOOM would have called something in immediately though.
Gator92
AG
Another headline I just saw said it was USMC only...
The Fife
That's a wrap I guess. I don't suppose we'll hear much about the cause unless someone shares something like what they did with that C-5 that went down near Dover a while back.
2040huck
aggiehawg said:

Good news that no one on the ground was affected by the crash. Still seems to me those residents that heard a low flying plane and a BOOM would have called something in immediately though.
conspiracy I tell you!
Well, okay then
AG
CanyonAg77
AG
GAC06 said:

That F-35 is out of MCAS Beaufort
All the discussion was about it being near Joint Base Charleston.
ShaggySLC
CanyonAg77 said:

aggiehawg said:

Pookers said:

aggiehawg said:

Electronic warfar?
Maybe but could it be that directed to only military jets and not affect commercial aviation in the area? Isn't the base landing strip not too far from the regular airport?

Been told of an F-16 guy that landed at Charleston with a hydraulic failure. That required turning on a generator (or pump) fueled by hydrazine. That requires a hazmat team to service the plane after landing. This poor guy landed safely, and rolled to a stop. Once stopped, he has no brakes and can't more again.

Unfortunately, he stopped right where the two main runways cross, effectively shutting down the airport for hours.

https://www.live5news.com/2021/05/28/f-makes-emergency-landing-joint-base-charleston/
That is a bad day. Bidding a construction job at an airport right now, anything we do accident wise that would shut down the airport operations gets fined by the minute. Cannot happen!
Biz Ag
AG
Missing F-35?

Oh, thank goodness.

For a minute there I thought it was an F-18.

Robert L. Peters
Biz Ag said:

Missing F-35?

Oh, thank goodness.

For a minute there I thought it was an F-18.

Even worse it could have been f16…then what would we have done?!?
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Phat32
AG
So it definitely is just at the bottom of one of those lakes
aggiejayrod
AG
whatthehey78 said:

My question(s):
1. What has the pilot said about the incident?
2. Why did he think it necessary he eject?
3a. Was the aircraft flying erratically or unstable? 3b. If yes...how so?
4. What has his wingman said about the incident?
5. Not a single "local" has offered a statement or speculation based on his/her visual where the plane is?

I could go on...but you get the idea.

Really #1 is "what is your major malfunction?"
TexasAggie_02
AG
Is it possible to electronically force an ejection, or can it only happen by physically pulling a handle? Could this aircraft have a safety feature to eject an unconcoius pilot, and could that have been triggered by mistake or maliciously?
10thYrSr
Dan Scott said:

Pilot put it in autopilot and ejected himself. No indication that it has crashed. WTF

Did anyone give Dan Scott props after saying autopilot was engaged? Probably missed it but after the news and they endured mild grief their op only has 3stars.
Hagen95
AG
All your F35 belong to us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.