F-35 missing

42,008 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
whatthehey78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wingman...off/beside your wing in another aircraft =/= sitting in you back seat. Different people, different functions.
AgGrad99
AG
Wingman:

StandUpforAmerica
I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Eliminatus
AG
"Don't worry. It'll come home when it gets hungry"

Random comment online I found that is so stupid and unexpected I chocked on my coffee.
HumpitPuryear
AG
adjusts tin foil hat

No one can make a modern fighter jet disappear except aliens. There has been lots of government activity on the UFO front lately. Could be aliens are going to be our next covid and we will all need to be locked down for our protection. Use of mail in ballots will be expanded for the 2024 election to keep us safe, of course.
CSTXAg92
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

CSTXAg92 said:

Ag with kids said:

CSTXAg92 said:

Another question... When Maverick ejected, Goose did too. Why are we hearing about only 1 pilot with the F-35? Does a F-35 pilot not have a wingman?
The wingman is in another plane...

Goose wasn't his wingman, he was the RIO.
Ah, got it.
HtownAg92
AG
For you fighter jocks -- wouldn't a jet crash before running out of fuel after pilot ejection due to the ejection? It seems like the loss of the canopy would cause all kinds of flight and aerodynamic issues.

And what the heck is a "mishap"? I would think you may use stronger language when a $150M airplane loses its pilot and disappears.

I would have gone with "tomfoolery", "shenanigans" or maybe "hiccup".
nortex97
AG
The formal term is "oopsie" I believe.
Ag_of_08
AG
There have been planes glide in for landings after elections. It certainly isn't helping, but a loss of canopy shouldn't instantly destroy the aircrafts ability to fly, especially as advanced as the stabilization system and fly by wire is on an f35.

aggiehawg
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

There have been planes glide in for landings after elections. It certainly isn't helping, but a loss of canopy shouldn't instantly destroy the aircrafts ability to fly, especially as advanced as the stabilization system and fly by wire is on an f35.

One report I posted a few hours ago said th pilot ejected at a few thousand feet, so I assume it was losing altitude at a higher rate than a glide path. But if that Daily Mail article is accurate and it was lfying that low, someone on the ground had to have seen it or heard. Pilot landed in a residential area. It was a Sunday afternoon wth some rainstorms moving in though.

Would auto-pilot engage at that low of an altitude and maintain it?
JB!98
AG
Here is a convertible F-14 with the top down.
If memory serves me they were giving a flight surgeon a ride and he accidentally ejected. Pilot landed safely

Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
CanyonAg77
AG
HtownAg92 said:

For you fighter jocks -- wouldn't a jet crash before running out of fuel after pilot ejection due to the ejection? It seems like the loss of the canopy would cause all kinds of flight and aerodynamic issues

There was an F-106 in the 1960s, story was linked on page 2 or so of the thread. It was out of control, the pilot ejected, and somehow that ejection put the plane in a stable attitude, it flew on until it ran out of gas, landed safely in a corn field, and was put back into service.

So the answer is...maybe?

I doubt that simple loss of a canopy would bring it down. Heck, an Israeli F-15 lost most of one wing and made it home safely. Several other stories of lost canopies where the plane landed safely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Negev_mid-air_collision

But as mentioned in some articles, the rocket on the bottom of the ejection seat certainly wouldn't be friendly to the electronics in the cockpit.
geoag58
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

So the winner of an election might say "my plane just flew in"?

All this time I thought it was "my ship just came in".
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Stat Monitor Repairman
Is it possible to aerial refuel an F35 while on autopilot w/ no pilot onboard?
GAC06
AG
No
AgGrad99
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

There have been planes glide in for landings after elections.

So it might stay up there until 2024??
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

aggiehawg said:

Anyone ever heard of this website? avegeekery?

Quote:

A Marine Corps F-35B pilot safely ejected from his stealth fighter jet this afternoon next to Joint Base Charleston, South Carolina. Details are few as of now, but base PA has confirmed the incident.

Radio chatter said the pilot ejected at just a few thousand feet above the ground, with last radar contact a few miles northeast of Lake Moultrie. The pilot made it out safely, and then showed up a few miles away in a backyard of a residential neighborhood in North Charleston. The weather was horrible at the time of the accident, but unclear if that played any part.
https://avgeekery.com/f-35-pilot-ejects-over-charleston-ends-up-at-a-house-for-help/

Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought it would happen to me, but there I was, standing at the kit hen sink in a cotton sundress, bare feet, with my down hair in waves, when in my doorway appeared a handsome fighter pilot claiming he had ejected from his plane and needed assistance...

This brilliant post will be lost with some of the younger crowd.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Pookers
AG
Tinfoil take:

This missing jet will be used in a false flag of some sort that will be blamed on Russia / Chyna. Zero reason to disclose this missing aircraft to the public other than to lay the foundation for some future event.
AgsMnn
AG
MH77 is the new wingman now.
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Ag_of_08 said:

There have been planes glide in for landings after elections.

So it might stay up there until 2024??
But it can only land at 3 am.

45-70Ag
AG
aggiehawg
AG
All military aviation? WTH is going on here?
Dr. Nefario
Personally, I hope it ended up in the front yard of that kid who collected the 100,000,000 Pepsi points.
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln

“Veganism is like communism. They’re both fine… unless you like food.”
Pookers
AG
aggiehawg said:

Electronic warfar?
aggiehawg
AG
Pookers said:

aggiehawg said:

Electronic warfar?
Maybe but could it be that directed to only military jets and not affect commercial aviation in the area? Isn't the base landing strip not too far from the regular airport?
GAC06
AG
45-70Ag said:

I didn't realize the commandant could tell the Air Force, Navy, Army, and CG to stop flying
Gator92
AG
aggiehawg said:

ADS-B Exchange shows over 250 military flights of all types currently over US...

Emotional Support Cobra
AG
If a jet crashes in a swamp and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Gator92
AG
There is a military King Air circling a remote area west of Hemingway, SC...

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae074e
GAC06
AG
Yeah jets are really loud
Eliminatus
AG

Someone already found it
AG
Coming up on 19 hours and we have no clues. That's one top notch military we got going on.

Dan Scott
AG
State police helicopter also circling
GAC06
AG
Gator92 said:

There is a military King Air circling a remote area west of Hemingway, SC...

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae074e

Haha I have time in that exact plane

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.