F-35 missing

41,998 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Viper16
AG
Well, the story is getting more bizarre than I could have imagined…sorry folks, I'm gonna leave it at that.
My apologies. No more speculation by me.
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
C@LAg
Viper16 said:

contains ejection information that can be later analyzed during crash investigations to understand the dynamics of the ejection as well as loads on the aircrew
there are two or three jokes that can be made about this sentence.
Viper16
AG
Whatever rings your bell!

LOL
#FJB

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
aggiehawg
AG
Sorry to keep bothering you but just saw this.

Quote:

The pilot who ejected himself from the F-35 was discharged from the hospital on Monday afternoon, according to the official.

The pilot, whose name has not been released, had no major injuries and was in stable condition before being discharged, the official said. No civilian injuries have been reported from the incident.

The pilot ejected himself from the aircraft at altitude of approximately 1,000 feet "and one mile north of the Charleston International Airport," according to the official. The pilot then landed safely in a residential backyard.
Isn't that pretty low to get the chute opened in time to slow descent into the ground?

Also, if the craft was at 1,000 feet wouldn't it have continued at that altitude until the crash for another 60-80 miles?

ETA: Sorry, forgot the link LINK
CanyonAg77
AG
Current ejection seats are rated zero/zero. In other words, they are supposed to function even when speed and/or altitude is zero
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
C@LAg
CanyonAg77 said:

Current ejection seats are rated zero/zero. In other words, they are supposed to function even when speed and/or altitude is zero
they even work under water. and have,
Viper16
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The pilot who ejected himself from the F-35 was discharged from the hospital on Monday afternoon, according to the official.

The pilot, whose name has not been released, had no major injuries and was in stable condition before being discharged, the official said. No civilian injuries have been reported from the incident.

The pilot ejected himself from the aircraft at altitude of approximately 1,000 feet "and one mile north of the Charleston International Airport," according to the official. The pilot then landed safely in a residential backyard.
Isn't that pretty low to get the chute opened in time to slow descent into the ground?

Also, if the craft was at 1,000 feet wouldn't it have continued at that altitude until the crash for another 60-80 miles?

CanyonAg77 is correct. All current fighters have zero/zero capability. So, altitude wasn't a factor in the ejection. Yes, the aircraft could have continued on at that altitude as long as the "autopilot" was engaged, fuel was available and thrust lever was set to power it in current conditions.
#FJB

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Viper16 said:

Well, the story is getting more bizarre than I could have imagined…sorry folks, I'm gonna leave it at that.
Come on, you can't do that to us. You are like the expert we had here when the tin can went to the titanic.

But seriously, thanks for the previous input, going to read about the supersonic ejection story.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Viper16
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Viper16 said:

Come on, you can't do that to us. You are like the expert we had here when the tin can went to the titanic.

But seriously, thanks for the previous input, going to read about the supersonic ejection story.

Again, my apologies. Hopefully, we will learn the truth sooner, rather than later. I don't think fuel was an issue now.

Watch the YouTube video I linked.

Great story of Brian Udell.
#FJB

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
Ag with kids
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Here's a Thunderbird ejecting after he fubared his flight...

Still one of the coolest crash photos with pilot ejected...

Gets extra points because it was a Rooskie...
K_P
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxZOjgPtZLD

I guess you can't embed reels?
Agthatbuilds
https://www.counton2.com/news/local-news/williamsburg-county-news/i-heard-a-boom-williamsburg-county-man-said-he-heard-military-jet-fly-over-his-rural-home-before-crashing/

F35 had whistle tips, iykwim

Dang it. Just beat
Stat Monitor Repairman

F35 go woo woooo
TexasAggie_02
AG
K_P said:

aggiehawg
AG
K_P said:

Icon directly to the right of the bluebird on the post reply toolbar not working?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Replace reel with p
TexasAggie_02
AG
Testing:

https://instagr.am/p/CxZOjgPtZLD
GAC06
AG
Haha I was waiting for someone to post that
rebag00
AG
Pilot is reported as being 48 yrs old. So, a very experienced pilot (though not necessarily in the F-35). And also, it's one of just a very small handful of guys that old still qualified to fly in the Marines. Glad he's ok!
Loyalty
AG
In all the news reports viewing the impact area I couldn't help but feel it looked staged. No signs of debris, just a charred area in the woods. Show some evidence of a burnt up engine or a piece of debris.

Until they show proof (which they wont) then the "crash area" is staged IMO.
nai06
AG
Wait. Has anyone checked to see where John Travolta is?

GAC06
AG
rebag00 said:

Pilot is reported as being 48 yrs old. So, a very experienced pilot (though not necessarily in the F-35). And also, it's one of just a very small handful of guys that old still qualified to fly in the Marines. Glad he's ok!

Stat Monitor Repairman
Next we'll have somebody at Lockheed say they got a PO for a new F35 canopy and ejection seat.
plain_o_llama
CanyonAg77 said:

Here is a fairly recent example of a zero/zero punch out in Ft Worth.

language NSFW
Ag with kids
AG
rebag00 said:

That's got to be an O-5 or O-6, right?
Ag with kids
AG
Loyalty said:

In all the news reports viewing the impact area I couldn't help but feel it looked staged. No signs of debris, just a charred area in the woods. Show some evidence of a burnt up engine or a piece of debris.

YEAH!!!!

Metal can't burn up at those low temperatures!!!!!
Ag with kids
AG
plain_o_llama said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Here is a fairly recent example of a zero/zero punch out in Ft Worth.

language NSFW
Did they find the cause of that mishap?
LMCane
why wouldn't the pilot have known how much fuel was in the aircraft at the time of the ejection?

or the USMC knowing when they filled up the F-35 that morning with fuel- and then just calculate how many minutes it had been airborne before ejection to determine flight radius of fuel?
GAC06
AG
Ag with kids said:

rebag00 said:

O-6
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Ag with kids said:

rebag00 said:

O-6
More like...

O-****

amiright...
Old Army Ghost
Loyalty said:

Old Army has gone to hell.
Rockdoc
AG
LMCane said:

why wouldn't the pilot have known how much fuel was in the aircraft at the time of the ejection?

or the USMC knowing when they filled up the F-35 that morning with fuel- and then just calculate how many minutes it had been airborne before ejection to determine flight radius of fuel?

As a pilot (although not jets), fuel was one of those things you checked, rechecked, and triple checked before the plane ever moved. Even when in the air, it's like you have a third eyeball for the fuel gauge.
GAC06
AG
Supposedly the weather was poor with low ceilings and visibility. Likely the controlled ejection was due to inability to recover in IMC, is my guess.

Curious to see what happens to the mishap pilot's career.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.