F-35 missing

41,992 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Win At Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Exactly. Its happened before, with pilots and passengers, even on accident.

1) Bullcrap

2) "On accident" is the most grating piece of bad grammar out, barely beating out "tow the line"

Well for all intensive purposes he still got his point across.

Your a looser moran.
CanyonAg77
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Well for all intensive purposes he still got his point across.

Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Quote:

That pilot has since been found and taken to an area hospital for treatment and is said to be stable. However, the search continues for the pilot's aircraft, which authorities say doesn't appear to have crashed.

This just in: journalists are idiots
It apparently is getting REALLY good gas mileage just flying around up in the sky...
Lone Stranger
What's the going rate for a used F-35 in the black market these days? Hope somebody is watching that pilots bank accounts to see when he gets his deposit from Uk.....wait; a nameless eastern euorpean organization.
ChemAg15
AG
"Hello this is the Base Defense Operations Center"

"Is your F-35 running?
...Well you better go catch it!"
DD88
AG
I found it!

https://texags.com/forums/35
Rexter
CanyonAg77 said:

Dan Scott said:

https://www.wltx.com/amp/article/news/regional/authorities-searching-f35-mishap-north-charleston/101-07075941-f641-4fde-a4fc-b1ca1f0f234d

According to officials pilot enabled unspecified automated flight system and then ejected.
Doesn't mean autopilot.

For example

https://www.flightglobal.com/fixed-wing/raytheon-pitches-usaf-on-f-35a-auto-landing-system/129585.article

Quote:

After successfully integrating its Joint Precision Approach and Landing System (JPALS) on F-35B fighters and a growing number of US Navy aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships, Raytheon is pitching a modified version of the system to the US Air Force for auto-landing F-35A aircraft at expeditionary airfields.

Initially designed to help a pilot land on an aircraft carrier in poor visibility or after long, tiring flights, the auto-landing system can put down an aircraft in a 20cm by 20cm box, says Raytheon.

I'm hoping that's a typo or bad writing, Twenty centimeters?

I would imagine they can electronically paint a
7"x7" box on the deck and then the program can drop the plane's wheel in that box.
CanyonAg77
AG
I assumed that's what they meant, that the system had 20 centimeter accuracy, not that they literally would try to land in a box. Still lazy or inept writing.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I can find a $20 Tile tracker anywhere on earth.

I understand that a 1982 Volkswagen Rabbit wouldn't have such tracking ability, but something of insane value and technology, it's laughable to not have constant real-time location.
one safe place
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

1) Bullcrap

2) "On accident" is the most grating piece of bad grammar out, barely beating out "tow the line"
Out? Or out there?
Hondo.
Well, I don't have it.

But I'll keep an eye out and report back if it turns up.
CanyonAg77
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

I can find a $20 Tile tracker anywhere on earth.

I understand that a 1982 Volkswagen Rabbit wouldn't have such tracking ability, but something of insane value and technology, it's laughable to not have constant real-time location.

If we can track it, assume an enemy can track it. Would be kind of stupid to spend millions on stealth, then stick an Apple Air Tag on it.
CanyonAg77
AG
Out there, it was a typo that I found after it had been posted a while, I decided to ignore it.
one safe place
Ag with kids said:

Dan Scott said:

Pilot put it in autopilot and ejected himself. No indication that it has crashed. WTF
Why would the pilot eject if it was on "autopilot"?
1. Perhaps he was just trying to show off.
2. Hadn't parachuted in a while and got the urge.
3. Could have just gotten tired of flying and decided to stop for the time being.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

1. Perhaps he was just trying to show off.
2. Hadn't parachuted in a while and got the urge.
3. Could have just gotten tired of flying and decided to stop for the time being.
Is this TexAgs or the Babylon Bee?
Robert L. Peters
Every day, I'm more and more convinced that we have children pretending to know wtf they're doing. We are in big trouble and I cringe every time I get in a jet liner. These aren't the men we had 30 years ago.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
GAC06
AG
What?
Jock 07
AG
Dan Scott said:

Anyone with information about the jet's whereabouts is urged to contact JB Charleston Base Defense Operations Center at 843-963-3600.

LOL

Holy **** I thought this was a joke. Hope there's audio of the dude yelling "lerrrooooy Jenkins" as he ejected.
one safe place
Robert L. Peters said:

Every day, I'm more and more convinced that we have children pretending to know wtf they're doing. We are in big trouble and I cringe every time I get in a jet liner. These aren't the men we had 30 years ago.
We were returning from Virginia Beach and flying out of Norfolk. My family and I were sitting until time to board the jet. This older pilot dude walked past the counter, spoke to the girl there, then proceeded to make several attempts to punch in the code in the door lock behind her. Several tries. Figured he was drunk or on drugs, but he wasn't our pilot.
Pizza
GAC06 said:

Quote:

Pilot put it in autopilot and ejected himself. No indication that it has crashed. WTF

You have a source for that? That's not what your link said. Good Lord.

But this thread is off and running based on that nonsense.

The plane clearly went autonomous, flew back to base, and landed; shortly after destroying a small island, and 1 brightly colored prius.
Ulysses90
AG
They'll never find it. It's on a heading to rendezvous with the Tybee Island H-bomb.

https://armscontrolcenter.org/fact-sheet-the-missing-tybee-bomb/
rangerdanger
AG
Robert L. Peters said:

Ironically it's the same women though.
Texas velvet maestro
Ulysses90
AG
rangerdanger said:

Robert L. Peters said:

What the hell kind of journalistic standards are they practicing here? It's been several hours and we haven't had anyone tell us the pilot's pronouns yet. Are they going to just let us casually assume we know the gender of the pilot?

LarryElder
Guys listen to gac he flew cargo ships full of rubber dog poo out of Hong Kong
Ag with kids
AG
Ulysses90 said:

rangerdanger said:

Robert L. Peters said:

What the hell kind of journalistic standards are they practicing here? It's been several hours and we haven't had anyone tell us the pilot's pronouns yet. Are they going to just let us casually assume we know the gender of the pilot?

How would knowing the pronouns help you determine the gender?
jkag89
Wouldn't be the first time a fighter flew off without its pilot

But in this case all the "data" that Syderman has spammed er, shared with us on every TexAgs board has me convinced that aliens just wanted their reverse engineered tech back.

Ag with kids
AG
LarryElder said:

Guys listen to gac he flew cargo ships full of rubber dog poo out of Hong Kong
You just apparently spew it all over TexAgs...
BigRobSA
GAC06 said:

Quote:

That pilot has since been found and taken to an area hospital for treatment and is said to be stable. However, the search continues for the pilot's aircraft, which authorities say doesn't appear to have crashed.

"Today, a mishap occurred and a pilot ejected from his Glock Ak-47 stealth fighter bomber refueling plane. Authorities are still searching for it. But it's stealth, so...."
Ag with kids
AG
BigRobSA said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

"Today, a mishap occurred and a pilot ejected from his Glock Ak-47 stealth fighter bomber refueling plane. Authorities are still searching for it. But it's stealth, so...."
CanyonAg77
AG
Ag with kids said:

BigRobSA said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

Showing my age here, there used to be similar jokes showing every civilian plane as a Piper Cub
BigRobSA
CanyonAg77 said:

Ag with kids said:

BigRobSA said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

Showing my age here, there used to be similar jokes showing every civilian plane as a Piper Cub

The Wright Bros never lost their plane, did they? Id imagine you were "eyes on" the entire time.
CrystalLakeAgbu
I feel like this is going to take the same turn that the ISS did.
Jock 07
AG
Someone that's better than me needs to modify this to say it's 10 o'clock, do you know where your $75 million dollar airplane is at?
samurai_science
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

1) Bullcrap

Do I really have to post actual stories and events of people in fighter jets accidently ejecting?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.