Hunter Plea Deal in Jeopardy

43,324 Views | 477 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by fka ftc
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just find it interesting that no one from groups that have a high rate of incarceration, some for gun crimes, don't speak up.
fka ftc
Not being facetious, but literally they have been trained through oppression, excommunication and other means to not speak up.
fka ftc
Early scuttle is there may be some issues with the plea deal. Interesting.
Aggie95
AG
Speculation that judge is uneasy about

1) tying tax issue to gun charge
2) that existing investigation is ongoing and this plea deal would give Hunter immunity.
akm91
AG
As it well should give the judge pause on accepting the plea deal given all the things that were not investigated due to pervasive DOJ malfeasance.
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
goatchze
AG
But prosecutors and defense lawyers disagreed about the terms of the plea agreement, with Biden insisting any guilty plea encompass immunity from any other criminal charges.

U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika pressed both sides to come to an agreement and called for a 10-minute recess.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/07/26/hunter-biden-tax-charges/70455706007/

If the above is correct, he was expecting a Get Out of Jail Free card for anything and everything.
HtownAg92
AG
Owlagdad said:

New spin on Fox is that lawyer asked for somethings not to go public and clerk misinterpreted.
LOL, habitual liars can come up with an excuse in nothing flat.
Not really plausible. You don't call the clerk, you file an emergency motion to strike or motion to seal. And if you are Latham, you put 10 attorneys on it at $500-$1000+ an hour. A clerk is not going to convince a judge to ex parte bounce a pleading based on the request of opposing counsel. They might if a lawyer asks to withdraw its own pleading. Might. Even then, probably would require a motion.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
fka ftc said:

annie88 said:

Nothing will happen.

They've shown they are above the law, especially when the lies constantly mailing them out and looking the other way.

But we can hope.
40 minutes into the hearing / proceeding and no news yet.

The judge may indeed just stick to the case in front of her and not take into account the whistleblower info.

One thing Turley and A McCarthy just brought up is that Hunter team offered to extend the statute of limitations on the 2014 / 2015 tax issues but Weiss passed on that, which they cited as HIGHLY unusual.

Just sickening the perversion of the legal system in the last few months.
You forgot to add that any mention of Weiss needs to have the precursor statement "Trump appointed prosecutor". I actually thought that was his first name I heard it so much.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
aggiehawg
AG
goatchze said:

But prosecutors and defense lawyers disagreed about the terms of the plea agreement, with Biden insisting any guilty plea encompass immunity from any other criminal charges.

U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika pressed both sides to come to an agreement and called for a 10-minute recess.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/07/26/hunter-biden-tax-charges/70455706007/
Yeah, about that immunity part, only works if there is a cooperation agreement in place. Meaning he had agreed to testify against his father. That of course never happened.
VegasAg86
AG
annie88 said:

I guess the judge doesn't realize FARA violations are just a civil matter. They're only a criminal matter for Republicans that support Trump.
C@LAg
FHB!
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I guess the judge doesn't realize FARA violations are just a civil matter. They're only a criminal matter for Republicans that support Trump.
LOL. Too true.
AGHouston11
AG
jja79 said:

I just find it interesting that no one from groups that have a high rate of incarceration, some for gun crimes, don't speak up.

Exactly

He the left the loaded gun in a trash can!

This government has arrested parents for improper storage of legal weapons.
Im Gipper
You hate to see it.

I'm Gipper
Logos Stick
I'm shocked that the libs haven't shown up in force here to defend Biden and his team of crooked lawyers.
fka ftc
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

You forgot to add that any mention of Weiss needs to have the precursor statement "Trump appointed prosecutor". I actually thought that was his first name I heard it so much.
Sorry, I will try and remember to add that in.

I always enjoy it when who appointed the judge or prosecutor is somehow relevant in a system where who appointed them should have NO relevance to how they decide, rule or go after someone.

This has become particularly clear with Trump. If its bad for Trump, it must be really bad for Trump if it came from Trump appointment. If it is good for Biden, we are told to see how justice is indeed blind since no way would a Trump appointee do anything good for Biden. If its good for Trump and bad for Biden, then its claims of two-tier justice system if from Trump appointee.

To put it simply, Trump and all his appointments are at the root of all things wrong with DOJ/FBI and judiciary, and we just need more Obama/Biden appointments and it will just work itself out.
whatthehey78
AG
fka ftc said:

Sorry, I will try and remember to add that in.

I always enjoy it when who appointed the judge or prosecutor is somehow relevant in a system where who appointed them should have NO relevance to how they decide, rule or go after someone.

This has become particularly clear with Trump. If its bad for Trump, it must be really bad for Trump if it came from Trump appointment. If it is good for Biden, we are told to see how justice is indeed blind since no way would a Trump appointee do anything good for Biden. If its good for Trump and bad for Biden, then its claims of two-tier justice system if from Trump appointee.

To put it simply, Trump and all his appointments are at the root of all things wrong with DOJ/FBI and judiciary, and we just need more Obama/Biden appointments and it will just work itself out.
Well..............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
twk
AG
Quote:

WILMINGTON, Del.A plea deal that President Biden's son, Hunter Biden, had reached with prosecutors appeared to be in jeopardy on Wednesday, after a dramatic court hearing in which prosecutors sparred with defense lawyers about the prospect of further charges.

The younger Biden had expected to plead guilty to misdemeanor tax charges and had entered into an agreement to avoid a gun charge. Prosecutors insisted on Wednesday that the investigation into Hunter Biden's activities remained ongoing, and said in response to a question from the judge that he could face additional foreign lobbying charges.

In response, Hunter Biden's lawyer, Chris Clark, said he disagreed with that interpretation, believed the agreement foreclosed the possibility of additional charges, and said: "As far as I'm concerned, the plea agreement is null and void."

The judge took a brief break to give both sides time to see whether they could reach an agreement after all.
Wall Street Journal (paywall)
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

In response, Hunter Biden's lawyer, Chris Clark, said he disagreed with that interpretation, believed the agreement foreclosed the possibility of additional charges, and said: "As far as I'm concerned, the plea agreement is null and void."
His own counsel torpedoed the deal.
TRM
AG
jja79
AG
Hold him without bond while they hammer this out.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

He knows the marching orders of the prosecution team is to settle at all costs, so threatening to blow up the deal to get them in trouble is leverage. Why else would be threaten to blow up a sweetheart deal for his client?
Im Gipper
Exactly! Hunter is going to get his immunity.

I'm Gipper
2040huck
aggiehawg said:

goatchze said:

Yeah, about that immunity part, only works if there is a cooperation agreement in place. Meaning he had agreed to testify against his father. That of course never happened.
This is not really true. Many times plea agreements are reached where the Defendant agrees to provide information, but that any information provided cannot be used for a new charge.
aggiehawg
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

He knows the marching orders of the prosecution team is to settle at all costs, so threatening to blow up the deal to get them in trouble is leverage. Why else would be threaten to blow up a sweetheart deal for his client?
That's a helluva risk to take for defense counsel.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Has Hunter told the judge to wait a few minutes while he got Daddy on the phone to help sort out this misunderstanding?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
When does Joe Biden issue a pardon to Hunter and blame the MAGA judge for treating Hunter unfairly and disrupting the plea bargain?
AGHouston11
AG

Has Hunter told the judge to wait a few minutes while he got Daddy on the phone to help sort out this misunderstanding?

"Well I told them you are not getting this money unless the prosecutor is fired before I get on the plane. Well you can't do that you are not the president. Well you can call him he's on board with this. Well Son of B*** guess what before I got on that plane he was fired"
Paraphrasing

That's the Biden way of doing things
aggiehawg
AG
annie88
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

LOL. Too true.

Are these two separate matters Hawg?

Even though it may be civil only is it screwing up the plea deal for the other?

And was Hunter saying that if he pled guilty to any of those that should cover any future things he could be charged with?

I admit, I haven't been following this as closely as others.
annie88
AG
aggiehawg said:

So does this mean they could still charge him with other crimes if they come up?
AGHouston11
AG
So he still gets away with all the tax violations and gun charges

Seems like still a huge win for the Bidens.

Many many US citizens never got this great of treatment by the IRS and the ATF.

Still a total joke of a system
SA68AG
AG
This is all theater designed to make it look like it was legitimately reviewed by the Judge.

Now the Dems can say that all is well and there is nothing further to look at.

The FARA violations will be be taken care of by the Statute of Limitations
captkirk
AG
No blanket immunity is a win for the good guys

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.