Active shooter Uvalde Elementary school

141,855 Views | 1334 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by histag10
HeardAboutPerio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Came to TexAgs to get the scoop didn't see it posted. I'm shocked

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/05/24/active-shooter-reported-at-uvalde-elementary-school-district-says/
CDUB98
AG
FERK!!
DrEvazanPhD
Haitian?
Bunk Moreland

FriscoKid
AG
Edit: Looks like this one was real. Sad situation all around.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
Deplorable
Hope the kids are ok.
AgBQ-00
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

This makes it sound like a shooting at a school instead of a school shooting
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
I am always wrong
Bunk Moreland said:

Is it that hard to tweet something that is not internally contradictory? There was a shooting at the school, or somebody was shot and then the shooter ran into the school to barricade? Those are two completely different things.
schmellba99
AG
So not really an active shooter in the sense that it's a school shooting, thankfully.
flakrat
AG
Yeah, I read it as shooting in the vicinity of the school, then shooter enters the school. I'm assuming they lock all of the outside doors, so guessing they had to bust their way in.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
The actual shooting off-campus was probably gang related. Gangs have infested Uvalde in a really bad way.
P.U.T.U
AG
Seems like it happened around lunch when there is a higher chance for a door to be open or unlocked.
CanyonAg77
AG
Thankfully sounds like mostly nothing. One victim outside, status unknown, shooter somewhere on the school premises. Tweets seem to imply all students are safe.

By the way, this will be counted in the stats as a "school shooting". Any gun related activity in or near schools, involving students or not, is treated that way.

For instance, in one list of "school shootings" is a suicide at midnight, in the parking lot of a Montessori school.
Athanasius
AG
How did someone manage to get a firearm inside a school? The Firearms Prohibited signs are everywhere, quite visible, and clearly written.

I'm surprised that didn't stop the shooter.
BaileyAg
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

The actual shooting off-campus was probably gang related. Gangs have infested Uvalde in a really bad way.

What? Gangs are a thing in Uvalde? Mexican nationals?
Honestly, i had no idea
GeorgiAg
AG
A not-so-active shooter
TAMU1990
AG
BaileyAg said:

Honestly, i had no idea

They are now with the Biden open border
Hubert J. Farnsworth
BaileyAg said:

Honestly, i had no idea

Rapier108
From the latest news reports.

Multiple injuries, mostly children. Several people have been flown to San Antonio.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Hubert J. Farnsworth
TAMU1990 said:

BaileyAg said:

Honestly, i had no idea

They are now with the Biden open border

Uvalde has had gang issues for a while. Biden's open border is definitely not helping though.
AgBQ-00
AG
I am hoping that statement on the article means not gunshot related.
BaileyAg
AG

BaileyAg said:

Honestly, i had no idea

Honestly asking.
Grew up close to there but haven't been back in years.
It was always a pretty quiet place
Rapier108
AgBQ-00 said:

where are you seeing this?
Active shooter at Uvalde elementary school in custody, several students being treated in hospital, officials say (ksat.com)

'Active shooter' reported at Robb Elementary school in Uvalde; police say suspect in custody | kens5.com
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
A is A
AG
from the link in the OP

"Active shooter at Uvalde elementary school in custody, several students being treated in hospital, officials say"

EDIT: That was the Headline. The subheadline is "People asked to avoid the area of Robb Elementary; no word on injuries"

What the disinformation is this?
FriscoKid
AG
The Fall Guy
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxan.com/news/texas/uvalde-elementary-school-locked-down-after-reports-of-active-shooter/amp/
AgBQ-00
AG
Thanks. I am hoping they are ok and recover quickly.
Rapier108
FBI is on the scene. Earlier agencies to respond besides police including the sheriff's office, DPS, Border Patrol, Game Wardens, and other law enforcement agencies. Right now the DPS is in charge, but most likely the FBI will take over if they think there is a reason to do so. Hopefully the feds are just there to assist and not try make political hay. San Antonio PD is sending people and equipment to help.

KNES has implied more than once there must be lots of bodies inside by repeatedly telling us how upset some of the police look.

From the live stream, almost everyone just seems to be standing around talking.

From the helicopter view, looks like a window was ripped from the frame. No idea if it was ripped off from the outside, or pushed out so people could get out.
AggieKatie2
AG
Rapier108 said:

FBI is on the scene. Earlier agencies to respond besides police including the sheriff's office, DPS, Border Patrol, Game Wardens, and other law enforcement agencies. Right now the DPS is in charge, but most likely the FBI will take over if they think there is a reason to do so. Hopefully the feds are just there to assist and not try make political hay. San Antonio PD is sending people and equipment to help.

KNES has implied more than once there must be lots of bodies inside by repeatedly telling us how upset some of the police look.

From the helicopter view, looks like a window was ripped from the frame. No idea if it was ripped off from the outside, or pushed out so people could get out.
And why......crime wholly within border of TX....FBI needs to pound sand.
FriscoKid
AG
Quote:

You would think that this would have leaked out by now if this was the case. I really hope this is not another Sandy Hook type situation and this is just some news station trying to sensationalize the story.
Rapier108
Cops suddenly running all over the place, and a ton of sirens. No clue what is going on. The Border Patrol's SWAT team jumped into their vehicle and took off.

Also, there are 4 helicopters sitting at the school (shut down, not running) and probably a dozen ambulances still sitting there.

Edit: They apparently got reports of "shots fired" at another school, but looks to have been a false alarm.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Hearing through the grapevine down here that the shooter was an illegal that had bailed out after a chase from the cops. I don't know if it's true or not.
I am always wrong
Rapier108 said:

Don't rumor monger. Nobody is reporting anything about a bunch of bodies inside.
Rapier108

Hearing through the grapevine down here that the shooter was an illegal that had bailed out after a chase from the cops. I don't know if it's true or not.
Would make sense since Border Patrol was apparently right there from the get go.
Rapier108
Fear InoculAg said:

Rapier108 said:

Don't rumor monger. Nobody is reporting anything about a bunch of bodies inside.
I'm not rumor mongering. I am commenting on how the reporter is trying to stoke the fear.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.