Active shooter Uvalde Elementary school

142,448 Views | 1334 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by histag10
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
baron_von_awesome said:

Artorias said:

Tanya 93 said:

Artorias said:

Why the **** did a teacher prop a door open, and what are the odds that door just happened to be the door the shooter went to?

Something's fishy.
Pretty normal to prop open doors like that, especially since the year is over and they are watching movies and having field day
In this day and age of mass school shootings, it should absolutely not be "normal" to expose a massive security breach like that. I would be pissed, even before this incident, if I ever found out teachers were leaving doors propped open at the schools my kids go to.
If you are relying on other people to always do the right thing to protect you or your family then you are naive. You should assume right now that something is being overlooked or a short cut taken. Its human nature.
I know, I know, expecting people to do their jobs these days is asking too much
samurai_science
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Agreed, but I think it's a lot to carry around and 60 magazines is a lot. This will prompt not only calls for banning ARs, but ammo and magazine capacity limits.
Which does not work, we have data to show it.
Pookers
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Agreed, but I think it's a lot to carry around and 60 magazines is a lot. This will prompt not only calls for banning ARs, but ammo and magazine capacity limits.
Awfully ****ing convenient for the gun grabbers isn't it? 60 mags of ammo seems like bull**** to me. That would weight a considerable amount and the footage of the perp entering the building didn't show him carrying that.
. . .

samurai_science
Artorias said:

baron_von_awesome said:

Artorias said:

Tanya 93 said:

Artorias said:

Why the **** did a teacher prop a door open, and what are the odds that door just happened to be the door the shooter went to?

Something's fishy.
Pretty normal to prop open doors like that, especially since the year is over and they are watching movies and having field day
In this day and age of mass school shootings, it should absolutely not be "normal" to expose a massive security breach like that. I would be pissed, even before this incident, if I ever found out teachers were leaving doors propped open at the schools my kids go to.
If you are relying on other people to always do the right thing to protect you or your family then you are naive. You should assume right now that something is being overlooked or a short cut taken. Its human nature.
I know, I know, expecting people to do their jobs these days is asking too much
Its all days, since the dawn of time
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Correct and no argument from me. I'm assuming he was carrying 30-rounds mags, but you're correct he left several in the truck and sounds like most were left in his backpack. Sounds like he shot 100 rounds inside the two classrooms.

I pray for those kids and officers and anyone else who had to see that scene afterwards. Unimaginable.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Sadly, id bet we cant ask the teacher why she propped the door open...because I would bet it was one of the to killed. Thus that portion was trying to be suppressed
AGHouston11
AG
baron_von_awesome said:

AGHouston11 said:

baron_von_awesome said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

WTH? Teacher propped door open?
Why are you surprised, doors get propped open all the time, people get complacent and do stupid things.

This school has apparently had security improvements
There was shooting outside for some time.
911 call from a teacher was 3 minutes before the killer entered the building. The questions will be why was there not a complete lock down. What system did they have to notify for a lock down. Why wasn't that door closed?
Because humans make mistakes, or take short cuts, or are just plain stupid. Why was the school Resource Officer driving to the school and not AT the school? Who knows....

Oh I agree who knows and systems are not perfect.

I would guess most security plans would be thrilled if they had a 3 minute head start for a lock down notice!
Booma94
AG
baron_von_awesome said:

Because humans make mistakes, or take short cuts, or are just plain stupid. Why was the school Resource Officer driving to the school and not AT the school? Who knows....
Considering the timing of the incident, is it possible he left to get lunch? Or was going to and from the PD for job related tasks? I don't know the daily schedule, but it wouldn't be unusual for him to step away in the time before or after student lunch to tend to either of those things as the time before or after lunch is generally quiet.
AGHouston11
AG
Pookers said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Awfully ****ing convenient for the gun grabbers isn't it? 60 mags of ammo seems like bull**** to me. That would weight a considerable amount and the footage of the perp entering the building didn't show him carrying that.

Well they have not really been the most consistent on information up to this point
DannyDuberstein
AG
How can you assume the school was clear? That sure feels like an ass covering lie. No one in their right, honest mind could or should ever assume that. And the SRO was AWOL?

Horrific.
Pookers
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Pookers said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Well they have not really been the most consistent on information up to this point
Seems very easy to fabricate that portion of the story in an effort to maximize gun grabbing efforts. Most normies probably have no idea how much 60 loaded mags would actually weigh. And again, where the **** did the shooter get the money for all this? If he was extended a loan it should be asked why.
AGHouston11
AG
Booma94 said:

baron_von_awesome said:

Considering the timing of the incident, is it possible he left to get lunch? Or going to the PD for job related tasks? I don't know the daily schedule, but it wouldn't be unusual for him to step away in the time before or after student lunch to tend to either of those things as the time before or after lunch is generally quiet.

I have always found that amazing.
Look at your school isd police force. Count the number of schools. Then ask yourself why when you go to the schools in many cases an officer is NOT there!!! And this includes large events going on.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
If you watch the press conference, they make it clear he was not carrying all 60 magazines into the classroom. Some were at home, some in truck, some in a bag outside, some on the shooter himself.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
They've said it was 60 across his home, truck, and on him.
Charpie
AG
Yup. For instance, Round Rock ISD has only 5 cops for all of their campuses.
Rev03
AG
This is what I have been wondering as well. As soon as they received calls of the grandmother getting her face shot in the vicinity of the school with the shooter fleeing, they should have locked down the school immediately, including locking every single classroom's doors. I thought that was protocol now - if there is suspicious activity in the vicinity of a school, they lock down until they can determine the nature of the threat. It has happened in my town a few times, even just a 911 call in the vicinity, they lock the school down, investigate, and then lift the lockdown if there is no threat.
Pookers
AG
ScapeGOAT said:

They've said it was 60 across his home, truck, and on him.
Seems like a pointless stat then. Lots of people have 60 mags. They only cost $20.
etchasketch
AG
1939 said:

Artorias said:

Something's fishy.
Nothing is fishy, stuff happens and nobody is thinking propping a door open is going to cause any harm. It was just a terrible coincidence.
We were just discussing this situation at my office. I can totally see this happening: it was awards days, parents in and out taking pictures of kids in their classrooms with other students, friends, teachers. Its a common occurrence on days like that. If a door was propped open, there is no way to know WHO propped it open. Any number of people could have done that.
JB!98
AG
Booma94 said:

baron_von_awesome said:

Considering the timing of the incident, is it possible he left to get lunch? Or was going to and from the PD for job related tasks? I don't know the daily schedule, but it wouldn't be unusual for him to step away in the time before or after student lunch to tend to either of those things as the time before or after lunch is generally quiet.
I read earlier where the Uvalde schools are pretty spread out. If they are like our district they probably do not have enough SRO's to have one at each school all the time. They generally patrol between campuses. He could have been on the other side of town at a campus. Any number of things.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
AGHouston11
AG
Charpie said:

Yup. For instance, Round Rock ISD has only 5 cops for all of their campuses.

Yes exactly either there are districts with clearly not enough officers or maybe WORSE there are some that have so many there should be one at every school but they are not.
The Kraken
AG
Pookers said:

AGHouston11 said:

Pookers said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Seems very easy to fabricate that portion of the story in an effort to maximize gun grabbing efforts. Most normies probably have no idea how much 60 loaded mags would actually weigh. And again, where the **** did the shooter get the money for all this? If he was extended a loan it should be asked why.
Yeah! DPS is in on it! The Texas Rangers are in on it! Hell, even Gov Abbot!
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
AGHouston11
AG
JB!98 said:

Booma94 said:

baron_von_awesome said:

I read earlier where the Uvalde schools are pretty spread out. If they are like our district they probably do not have enough SRO's to have one at each school all the time. They generally patrol between campuses. He could have been on the other side of town at a campus. Any number of things.

But none of that matters. The school had time to be on a lockdown it seems. That would number one priority including locking the doors!
Pookers
AG
New World Ag said:

Pookers said:

AGHouston11 said:

Pookers said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Yeah! DPS is in on it! The Texas Rangers are in on it! Hell, even Gov Abbot!
Gotcha, don't get answers to obvious questions.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Said she propped it open to get cell phone.
JB!98
AG
AGHouston11 said:

JB!98 said:

Booma94 said:

baron_von_awesome said:

But none of that matters. The school had time to be on a lockdown it seems. That would number one priority including locking the doors!
Correct.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

They know who propped it open and I'd bet she called 911 but hadn't told the office yet to initiate a lockdown. I'd also speculate…it was the one who's husband had the heart attack. She probably texted or called him and he put 2+2 together and the realization caused the heart attack realizing it was so easily preventable.

But just speculation
AGHouston11
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

They know who propped it open and I'd bet she called 911 but hadn't told the office yet to initiate a lockdown. I'd also speculate…it was the one who's husband had the heart attack. She probably texted or called him and he put 2+2 together and the realization caused the heart attack realizing it was so easily preventable.

But just speculation

Most plans the police call the local school immediately to notify them as shooting has happened close to the school - the school goes on immediate lock down.

In this case they had more than 3 minutes because the first 911 call was before the teacher.
ChillyAg19
AG
I know I have trouble buying a couple boxes of 9mm ammo for the range. I don't own an AR-15. Can anyone give a personal opinion on how easy it is to get 1000 rounds in todays market?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

But just speculation

Most plans the police call the local school immediately to notify them as shooting has happened close to the school - the school goes on immediate lock down.

In this case they had more than 3 minutes because the first 911 call was before the teacher.

I agree but nothing about this ISD or PD seems to be typical. Im a former teacher, wife still is, we've had tons of lockdowns from exterior issues. I also talked to multiple officers yesterday on the school pd and everything done goes against our local protocol. But our chief is involved State and nationally for these type situations so we're not the average school PD
agsalaska
AG
The click of a button on the internet.

Most Academy type stores have box count limits. So probably two trips to academy. But it is widely available now.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
chillyschleemies said:

I know I have trouble buying a couple boxes of 9mm ammo for the range. I don't own an AR-15. Can anyone give a personal opinion on how easy it is to get 1000 rounds in todays market?

I could do it online in about 5 min. As well as with 9mm
ttha_aggie_09
AG
chillyschleemies said:

ammoseek.com and you can find most common calibers, even in that quantity.
ChillyAg19
AG
I'm just a terrible shopper it seems.
agsalaska
AG
chillyschleemies said:

I'm just a terrible shopper it seems.
But you have great self awareness

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.