Florida Early Voting

149,337 Views | 1283 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Maacus
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aginresearch said:

Miami-Dade will not be helpful to the Democrats this time. Maybe Broward and Palm Beach. Maybe.
Oh I agree absolutely. That's why it is one of the counties that will decide it.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Prosperdick
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Can they just call this one now?
aginresearch
AG
Ha! Ha! You're right.
harge57
AG
Just hit the 2016 Dem/Rep. Split.
will25u
lunchbox
I wish he would be able to throw some of today's Miami-Dade numbers in there.

Trump lost that county by 309K votes in 2016 so I would love to see his advantage today top that number.

I know it will eventually...I am just impatient.
Prosperdick
AG

As the post 2 above mine stated, the R advantage will get greater as the day goes on so over halfway to the 2016 target is VERY good news.
black_ice
lunchbox said:

I wish he would be able to throw some of today's Miami-Dade numbers in there.

Trump lost that county by 309K votes in 2016 so I would love to see his advantage today top that number.

I know it will eventually...I am just impatient.

Be patient my Jedi apprentice youngling
Silvertaps
AG
These results are not based on actual ballots...correct? Rather, based on party identification?
AgBQ-00
AG
Correct. Not the actual votes but estimation based on party registration
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
rally-cap
AG
Up to 73K+
Gigemags382
AG
It seems like NPA is huge today too. Considering that Rep turnout is huge and Dem turnout light, it would seem highly likely that the NPAs who are showing up are disproportionately voting Rep.
akm91
AG
Silvertaps said:

These results are not based on actual ballots...correct? Rather, based on party identification?
Based on party identification of ballots cast but not who voted for. 2016 exit poll showed 8% cross over for both R's and D's. No way it will change significantly in favor of D's especially with all the information about hispanic and black support surging for Trump.
aginresearch
AG
Reasonable assumption
Silvertaps
AG
akm91 said:

Silvertaps said:

Based on party identification of ballots cast but not who voted for. 2016 exit poll showed 8% cross over for both R's and D's. No way it will change significantly in favor of D's especially with all the information about hispanic and black support surging for Trump.

Makes sense. Seems more realistic for a Dem to cross over that an R this year, but I might be a bit bias.
GCP12
AG
Considering the Panhandle carried Trump over the finish line in 2016, Trump might win FL by 5+
akm91
AG
Not looking good for D's in Broward and Palm Beah counties. Both are off the pace from 2016 already.
aggiehawg
AG
GCP12 said:

Considering the Panhandle carried Trump over the finish line in 2016, Trump might win FL by 5+
Beginning to look that way to me too. Trump by 5-7%.

Biden didn't bank enough early votes in Duval, Broward, Miami/Dade nor Palm Beach counties to survive the coming surge.
aginlakeway
AG
aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

Biden didn't bank enough early votes in Duval, Broward, Miami/Dade nor Palm Beach counties to survive the coming surge.

Agree. Give youa reason for similar optimism in other states?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Barnyard96
AG
The polls were pretty consistent that Trump voters would greatly outnumber the election day count. Biden voters were early voters.

The above had nothing to do with party affiliation.
Tylerjo97
AG
sail33or
AG
Remember Florida has two time zones. And the Central Time Zone will be reported later and is all Trump.
Prosperdick
AG

Refresher on how accurate polling is in Florida...
Keegan99
AG
rgag12
AG
Prosperdick said:

FbgTxAg said:

Can they just call this one now?

I was waiting for this gif to show up
Corporal Punishment
AG
What do we know about uncounted vote by mail ballots? Are there a substantial number and are they being accounted for in this board's optimism?
policywonk98
AG
aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

If he does hit 5-7% its really hard for me to imagine Dems not losing Congressional seats. I'm wondering if 26 and 27 get flipped back.
FireAg
AG
Even bigger though...FL could be election night foreshadowing...
tallgrant
Corporal Punishment said:

What do we know about uncounted vote by mail ballots? Are there a substantial number and are they being accounted for in this board's optimism?
You referencing that mailroom tweet that ended up being 7 unopened ballots?
bmks270
AG
FL polls open for another 7 hours....

billydean05
It should be called at 7 central as soon as all polling locations in the state close republicans leaving no doubt about Florida
txags92
AG
aginresearch said:

Today voters will have a propensity to vote for Trump. All voters. I think you can safely say that NPAs are breaking Trump today. I think it would also be fair to say that early voting NPAs probably broke for Biden. Today's vote probably looks like 60/40 Trump.

If you are pinning your hopes on crossover saving the Democrats in Florida then I fear you are going to be disappointed. Crossovers will be a wash overall. Always have been.

Democrats VBM lead has been wiped out already. NPAs are where the actions at. I think at the high end we're going to see a 55/45 Biden split of NPAs. Doesn't look like that's going to be enough at the rate we're going. If NPAs split less and many times it's a wash then it's almost all over now.
Just have to say...username checks out...and thanks for the analysis.
Silvertaps
AG
policywonk98 said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

If he does hit 5-7% its really hard for me to imagine Dems not losing Congressional seats. I'm wondering if 26 and 27 get flipped back.

Do they make it possible to see how many straight ticket down ballots?
lunchbox
policywonk98 said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

I know most on here know this, but for those that don't...

Trump won Florida by 1.2% (~113K votes) in 2016.

Now we are talking about/hoping for a 5% victory on the low end...
nortex97
AG
Prosperdick said:

Refresher on how accurate polling is in Florida...
Exactly. The amazing thing though is that it is actually pretty precise. Average Florida polling is generally always off by around 5-7 percent, in the same direction.

CNN is just off by an extra 10 or so. I don't remember any of the 'major' polling firms wrongly calling a big margin for the GOP, somehow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.