Florida Early Voting

149,163 Views | 1283 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Maacus
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FbgTxAg said:

Does Florida EV on Sunday and Monday?

Ends Sunday night
FbgTxAg
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

FbgTxAg said:

Ends Sunday night
Wow. It's likely it may be even going into Tuesday.

That is really good news.
Prosperdick
AG

FbgTxAg said:

Ends Sunday night
They are having another "souls to the polls" event tomorrow which should help Dems but churchgoers are fairly consistent and I think they got the bulk of them last Sunday. There's no doubt it will help some but I'm VERY interested in Polk county, I'm not sure they released their results yet from yesterday.
Gigemags382
AG
Just an Ag said:

This doesn't seem to be showing on the joeisdone site. Not updated there yet?
Gigemags382
AG
Gigemags382 said:

Just an Ag said:

Actually nothing seems to be updating on the joeisdone site. Looks like it's about an hour behind now. Anyone else seeing the same issue?
bmks270
AG
Gigemags382 said:

Just an Ag said:

It's only Polk county.
IDaggie06
AG
Prosperdick said:

FbgTxAg said:

Ends Sunday night
They are having another "souls to the polls" event tomorrow which should help Dems but churchgoers are fairly consistent and I think they got the bulk of them last Sunday. There's no doubt it will help some but I'm VERY interested in Polk county, I'm not sure they released their results yet from yesterday.

This souls to the polls type crap might help them in Florida but the dems are going to have a heck of a time with any mass community voter push like this on Tuesday in states like Michigan, Minnesota , and Pennsylvania with all the lockdowns and fear of covid by the left.
Rs have surpassed the target and now have a 2500 vote lead on 2016z
aggiehawg
AG
SIAP. Newish numbers. Check Miami/Dade and Palm Beach counties.

https://joeisdone.github.io/florida/
Beerosch
AG
I don't think the numbers have updated since lunch
Oh wow... Duval flipped red
UrbanDecay
AG

Is that bad?
All Texags posters are equal but some are more equal than others.
Monywolf
It is if you are voting for Dementia Joe.
SwigAg11
AG

Is that county historically Dem?
SwigAg11 said:

Is that county historically Dem?

It was last election.
Beerosch
AG
Florida numbers not moving as much today. Anything to be worried about?
aggiehawg
AG
haybob15 said:

Is that bad?
2000 election. The counties having recounts were primarily in south Florida, Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. But Duval county was also having a recount and courts cases. Just wasn't numerically higher than those three counties so it got less attention.
Beerosch said:

It's Halloween and Saturday
aggiehawg
AG
Beerosch said:

Still have tomorrow for EV and then Tuesday for ED.
OasisMan
AG

duval -- jacksonville -- was red in 2016 -- like 49% vs 47%
FbgTxAg
AG
OasisMan said:

Republicans will outvote Dems 2 or 3 to 1 on Tuesday. I dunno how many votes that is, but you can count on It.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Stressboy
AG
What does this mean with the mail-in votes?
aggiehawg
AG
OasisMan said:

Quote:

Fueled by a populist broadside from suburban and rural voters, Republican nominee Donald Trump edged out Democrat Hillary Clinton in Florida, despite her strong showings in more urban areas like Jacksonville that have historically swayed statewide elections. His victory upends traditional assumptions about how to win elections in the Sunshine State.

In Jacksonville - Florida's most populous city and a right-leaning battleground - Clinton outperformed every Democratic presidential candidate since former President Jimmy Carter in 1976. She lost Duval County by about 6,000, according to unofficial and incomplete vote tallies.
Quote:

Trump dominated suburbs like Clay and St. Johns counties, a growing series of affluent neighborhoods outside Jacksonville. Strong performances in cities like Jacksonville, and in traditional Democratic strongholds in South Florida, were not enough to make up for what political observers said Tuesday were stunning margins in these more rural areas.

Trump's top three gains over Mitt Romney's results - in suburban Pasco, Pinellas and Volusia - were enough to vault him over Barack Obama's Florida margin in 2012.

Less than 1,000 more Republicans turned out to vote in Jacksonville than Democrats, and Clinton narrowly won the early vote. Viewed on its own, those results might have presaged a Democratic win in the state.

The conventional wisdom said drive up turnout in South Florida, and compete in Duval County. Keep the margins close with Republicans in the Northeast Florida city that's becoming increasing competitive. That was enough for Obama. Twice.

Not this time.
LINK
EKUAg
AG
Dem early vote lead down to 92k.
FbgTxAg
AG
Florida is done. We can shut this thread down.
IDaggie06
AG
EKUAg said:

Where do you all get your info from? The target early site is showing republicans have taken the lead by 20k.
IDaggie06 said:

EKUAg said:

Where do you all get your info from? The target early site is showing republicans have taken the lead by 20k.

That's inferred. This is Florida SOS registered voters. Tons of D voters in S Florida crossing over.
EKUAg
AG
Yep. Just using vasic affiliation of voters.

https://joeisdone.github.io/florida/
Cheetah01
AG
Numbers looking better for Dems today. Could be very, very close.
black_ice
Cheetah01 said:

Numbers looking better for Dems today. Could be very, very close.
Cheetah01
AG
Not hoping for that, I'm just looking at the numbers. Dems have a very slight advantage when you NPA super voters To their current lead.
Always_Right
AG
Cheetah01
AG
My bad. I got this wrong. Trump has a huge NPA super voter advantage. I was looking at it wrong. Whewfeel much better!
SwigAg11
AG
Do we have any guess how NPA voters are breaking?
Gigemags382
AG
Based on TargetSmart Race + Education data, almost every demographic except African-American (a known concern for Dems) are close to or have exceeded the 2016 final election numbers in FL. Except for Caucasian - Non-College which is a full 1.4 million behind the 2016 final election turnout for this demographic. 4.6m in 2016 vs 3.2m so far in 2020. Whereas Caucasian - College was 2.1m in 2016 and has already reached 2.1m in 2020.

I'm seeing similar type turnout in almost every state. Caucasian Non-College is Trump's bread and butter. Is the turnout from this demographic supposed to be absolutely massive on Election Day? The other demographics have mostly already met their 2016 turnout. They're obviously going to be more than 0 on Election Day and VBM that continues to be counted. It seems like there's a massive gap to be made up by Caucasian Non-College to not only meet 2016 turnout but exceed it like others.

I know Trump is supposed to have huge gains on Election Day, but it doesn't seem possible that only this one demographic is left to vote. Is Election Day turnout going to be almost exclusively Caucasian - Non-College or is this demographic's turnout this election going to be down relative to other demographics?

The bright side of things is that the Republican/Democrat splits in Florida and many other states are looking mostly good despite having a huge deficit in Caucasian Non-College turnout up to this point. So maybe a ton of upside there?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.