*** The Concert Thread ***

219,307 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 62strat
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sq1dvm said:

12f Mane said:

Live and Stone Temple Pilots were both great at Cynthia Woods last night. Hottest concert I've ever been too though. Under the canopy was brutal. Sweated my buzz away.

Saw them at Dos Equis last night and it was a fun show. STP's new singer was good. Soul Asylum is still terrible.

We got there right as Live was starting. They sounded good but I realized I only like about 3 of their songs. The rest was boring. STP was great but because this is a co-headline tour they only played for 75 minutes.
62strat
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Sq1dvm said:

12f Mane said:

Live and Stone Temple Pilots were both great at Cynthia Woods last night. Hottest concert I've ever been too though. Under the canopy was brutal. Sweated my buzz away.

Saw them at Dos Equis last night and it was a fun show. STP's new singer was good. Soul Asylum is still terrible.

We got there right as Live was starting. They sounded good but I realized I only like about 3 of their songs. The rest was boring. STP was great but because this is a co-headline tour they only played for 75 minutes.
I feel like they missed the mark on this tour saying it's a celebration of the 30th anny of the albums, and stp is playing purple in full, but live isn't doing throwing copper in full.

Also they are calling it the jubilee tour which is 25 years.
Sq1dvm
AG

I agree on Live, they were just ok for me. It was cool when everyone sang along with Lightning Crashes. The best part of their set for me was the autistic kid in front of me. Live was his jam and he was having so much fun. Watching him watch them was a highlight for me.
SW AG80
AG
Gap said:

jh0400 said:

We saw Luke Combs at NRG on Friday. Agreed to go, because I've wanted to see Charles Wesley Godwin for a while, and Cody Jinks always puts on a good show. The sound quality at NRG is never great, but the mix was surprisingly bad. All of the vocals sounded mumbled. Very different than the experience a few weeks ago at JI400U & Zach Bryan.
I went on Saturday night to the Luke Combs show at NRG with a different undercard and the sound / acoustics were so bad it was really a disgrace. A real shame for all the artists. If you were lucky, you could hear some mumbled vocals but underneath that the music was just pure noise - impossible to pick out any instrument or unique sound. When an artist would talk and pause, there last word would continue on for several seconds. Just amazingly bad.
Wicked Good Ag
Train REO cancelled in Woodlands tonight
Know Your Enemy
AG
Sq1dvm said:

I agree on Live, they were just ok for me. It was cool when everyone sang along with Lightning Crashes. The best part of their set for me was the autistic kid in front of me. Live was his jam and he was having so much fun. Watching him watch them was a highlight for me.

Didn't even realize until I read a review of the show that other than Ed no one else on this tour has been in the band more than 2 years. Lol.
gggmann
AG
Ended up going to the DL, Journey, SMB show at Chase Field Friday night. Took my 10 yr old daughter - was her first concert, and she said she enjoyed it. Unfortunately the AC wasn't working right - it was way too hot for an indoor concert. Second, the sound was pretty atrocious. It improved when DL played, but the other two, especially Journey, sounded bad. Still had a good time overall though.
TXAG 05
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Sq1dvm said:

Didn't even realize until I read a review of the show that other than Ed no one else on this tour has been in the band more than 2 years. Lol.

It's like when we went to see Bush last year, it's just Gavin Rossdale and some guys, but they put on a surprisingly great show.
gggmann
AG
Tears for Fears are playing 3 nights in Vegas (Oct 30, Nov1-2). I might head up for one of those shows. Saw them last 2 years ago here in Phx on their TIpping Point tour.
62strat
AG
Last minute decision to go to dmb last night in Denver.
Saw lawn for sale, so I just went to box office to save on fees, and it was sold out

Saw a guy standing by himself, I asked him if he had extra. He said he was waiting on his date but didn't have much confidence she would show up. It was a few minutes before start time.
Then he said, oh well, you want to go? Didn't even ask for money!
I gave him a $20 once inside so he could get himself a drink. He had reserved but I went to meet my neighbors who were on the lawn.
maroon barchetta
So he got stood up twice?

You're brutal.
wspagg
AG
goadius6 said:

Got back last night from Vegas and seeing Dead and Co saturday at the Sphere. Holy cow, that place is as advertised and better, coolest thing i've ever experienced. If you're thinking about going, go...

Got to see 5 dead & co shows at the Sphere. Rarely do things live up to the hype but the Sphere is incredible.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Saw DMB last night in Denver. Night started rough because I got stood up by my date, so I offered her ticket to some lonely looking guy who I thought at first might be a homeless guy. He offered to get me a beer, but after I drank it, I don't remember the rest of the night. Been kind of painful to sit down today too.

Anyway, good show. Well, at least the first part of it.
wspagg
AG
Nm
maroon barchetta
DannyDuberstein said:

Saw DMB last night in Denver. Night started rough because I got stood up by my date, so I offered her ticket to some lonely looking guy who I thought at first might be a homeless guy. He offered to get me a beer, but after I drank it, I don't remember the rest of the night. Been kind of painful to sit down today too.

Anyway, good show. Well, at least the first part of it.
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

So he got stood up twice?

You're brutal.
yeh I told him when he offered to let me in that I wasn't going to sit in the seat, I had friends on the lawn. He didn't care.
wspagg
AG
Anyone going to Phish this weekend?
62strat
AG
Oasis touring again.

• Cardiff Principality Stadium - 4th / 5th July
  • Manchester Heaton Park - 11th / 12th / 19th / 20th July
  • London Wembley Stadium - 25th / 26th July / 2nd / 3rd August
  • Edinburgh Scottish Gas Murrayfield Stadium - 8th / 9th August
  • Dublin Croke Park - 16th / 17th August

other continents late next year

WES2006AG
AG
I know Oasis is likely huge in the UK but 4 nights at Wembley seems like a lot of tickets to sell for these guys. Guess there is the novelty of the reunion...assuming it actually happens.
62strat
AG
WES2006AG said:

I know Oasis is likely huge in the UK but 4 nights at Wembley seems like a lot of tickets to sell for these guys. Guess there is the novelty of the reunion...assuming it actually happens.
nah.. not for a 15 year hiatus.

All 4 of those wembley shows will immediately sell out.

Those handful of albums after morning glory, in the uk they outsold the US big time. All 7 of their albums were # 1 in the UK.
maroon barchetta
Yeah, that seems ambitious.
cc10106
"Huge" is an understatement.
Know Your Enemy
AG
WES2006AG said:

Rumor is that they have 10 Wembley dates on hold.
Aggie87
AG
WES2006AG said:

They were the biggest band in Britain during the 90's, and they have the 5th best selling album in UK history (behind Queen, Beatles, Abba, and Adele, and ahead of Pink Floyd and Michael Jackson). And they had 8 #1 singles there and 23 top 10 singles. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their popularity with British fans who grew up in the 90's.

edit - personally I don't care for them so much - I liked Blur better at the time. Not sure I'd pay big money to see Oasis, but it might be a fun show.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I actually prefer them without Liam, even before his voice was shot. Noel carried that band and I like them better when he's singing lead. Started with Unplugged
62strat
AG
https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/oasis-ticket-demand-uk-tour-dates-taylor-swift-gigs-comeback-b1178490.html
Phrasing
AG
Oasis is no Driveshaft
cc10106
DannyDuberstein said:

I actually prefer them without Liam, even before his voice was shot. Noel carried that band and I like them better when he's singing lead. Started with Unplugged
Noel is the real talent, but Oasis wouldn't have been as successful without Liam. For all his faults, he was a helluva front man.

I'm glad I saw them at ACL '05 and in Houston the next year even though it wasn't their peak. I dunno if I will next year knowing how Liam sounds now.

Noel & High Flying Birds were great at House of Blues Houston back around 2018. I dunno if I've been to a more packed show there.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't disagree about Liam. Just saying purely on sound, I think they are better with Noel.
62strat
AG
cc10106 said:

I'm glad I saw them at ACL '05 and in Houston the next year even though it wasn't their peak.

I saw them at Verizon wireless in Houston around then; was that the same show?
cc10106
Yeah. That was a small venue for them even then when they weren't as popular in the US.
cc10106
Speaking of British bands, RIDE is touring the US again in December. Need to finally see them live.

Would love to see CAKE again next month but don't wanna pay $60+ to do so.
maroon barchetta
Friend of mine got a call some time back from Rod Ryan of whatever Houston radio station he is on.

He won a trip to NYC to see Incubus. He and his brother are on the plane right now. Pretty cool.

He won a trip to somewhere else (it was L.A. or Vegas???) last year to see some other band I don't know well.
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Friend of mine got a call some time back from Rod Ryan of whatever Houston radio station he is on.

He won a trip to NYC to see Incubus. He and his brother are on the plane right now. Pretty cool.

He won a trip to somewhere else (it was L.A. or Vegas???) last year to see some other band I don't know well.
I'm seeing incubus here in about 2 weeks in Denver.
They are playing morning view in full; I love that album.

I wouldn't see them otherwise, they have too much new stuff that I never got into.
maroon barchetta
I don't know any of their stuff. Not sure my friend does either but hey, free trip to NYC!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.