*** The Concert Thread ***

143,656 Views | 1849 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by DannyDuberstein
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It wasn't live though. When I clicked on it I got the very start of the video from before the band walked out. Unfortunately I closed it out after Indifference and when I went back a short time later it had been made private.
Jim01
AG
Just got offered a GA ticket to the Foo Fighters at 713. Nice start to the weekend!

Any word on if there is an opener for that show?
WES2006AG
AG
Walked by Heights Theater and saw on the marquee that Cory Morrow is playing tonight. He is touring on the 25th anniversary of his The Man That I Have Been Album. Figured that would be worth $30, hope it is his full band and not just an acoustic set.
jetch17
AG
Jim01 said:

Just got offered a GA ticket to the Foo Fighters at 713. Nice start to the weekend!

Now sell it to me
Know Your Enemy
AG

What a mess! Lol.
Whos Juan
AG
Jim01 said:

The Breeders opened for them last night in El Paso. FF put on a hell of a show, probably top 3 out of the 8-9 times I've seen them.
Another Doug
AG
Side note, going to breeders at Stubbs next week
jorgerr96

Alanis came through tonight
TXAG 05
AG
WES2006AG said:

Walked by Heights Theater and saw on the marquee that Cory Morrow is playing tonight. He is touring on the 25th anniversary of his The Man That I Have Been Album. Figured that would be worth $30, hope it is his full band and not just an acoustic set.

I was there. He started off with a couple songs then went to full band. Good show.
Counterpoint
AG
DM in Houston was great...when they were playing the hits. Gahan seems to have kept himself in very good shape for his age.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

It wasn't live though. When I clicked on it I got the very start of the video from before the band walked out. Unfortunately I closed it out after Indifference and when I went back a short time later it had been made private.
Well I know it wasn't live considering the show took place on August 31st. Meant live stream one time only provided by the dude on YouTube. Weird how the guy made it private. I'll try to get the download from him and send to you. Well worth the full watch.
One Louder
AG
We went to the first night of Power Trip in Indio (Coachella) tonight. In a nutshell:

1. Traffic was unmanageable. Chaos ensued and many people voiced their dissatisfaction on the Facebook page in the comments under Power Trip' s "rah-rah" posts. They provided very specific parking instructions on their app and then didnt follow through with their own plan. Bruce Dickinson even mentioned the issue during Maiden's set.

2. Maiden killed it.

3. Guns N Roses was bad. Specifically, Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse. We waited to see if his voice would warm up and get better but it didn't so we hit the road halfway through the set to avoid sitting in hours of outgoing traffic.
JamesPShelley
One Louder said:

We went to the first night of Power Trip in Indio (Coachella) tonight. In a nutshell:

1. Traffic was unmanageable. Chaos ensued and many people voiced their dissatisfaction on the Facebook page in the comments under Power Trip' s "rah-rah" posts. They provided very specific parking instructions on their app and then didnt follow through with their own plan. Bruce Dickinson even mentioned the issue during Maiden's set.

2. Maiden killed it.

3. Guns N Roses was bad. Specifically, Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse. We waited to see if his voice would warm up and get better but it didn't so we hit the road halfway through the set to avoid sitting in hours of outgoing traffic.
Traffic (and parking) is why I quit going to anything at the Polo grounds. Indio needs to get their **** together. Every event... traffic fails.

Maiden always nails it. I'm suspecting AC/DC is going to announce a tour after tonight's show.

Glad you had a good time, otherwise. You're a desert resident?

WES2006AG
AG
I was sitting in front of the moron who wouldn't stop yelling stupid stuff during the acoustic set. Got up and moved to get away from it.

Cory put on a great show.
Know Your Enemy
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Well I know it wasn't live considering the show took place on August 31st. Meant live stream one time only provided by the dude on YouTube. Weird how the guy made it private. I'll try to get the download from him and send to you. Well worth the full watch.

I know what you meant.
One Louder
AG
Actually, we live in College Station! We sold our Bama tickets so tonight better be good!

We've never been to this area of CA before so we spent yesterday at Joshua Tree. So beautiful!
zgood10
AG
Snarky Puppy was great in San Antonio last night
GarlandAg2012
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Alanis came through tonight

That is awesome! How was she live?
Aggie87
AG
Caught The Church on Friday night in Phoenix. I've been a fan of this band for close to 40 years now, but this was the first time seeing them live. Probably my favorite show of the year, they put on an amazing show.

They're mostly known for "Under the Milky Way", but have cranked out album after album since then that are just as good. Well worth seeing if you're able to. They'll be in TX at the end of October.
maroon barchetta
Thanks for the reminder on the Texas shows.
jorgerr96
She was great. I saw her 2 years ago as well and she always puts on a really good show. Same thing at the Festival the day after.

Speaking of ACL, I think I am over fests in general. Felt very oversold on Saturday, and didn't even put an effort to get to the barricades. In years past I would get to zilker at 7 or 8 am to sprint to the stages when gates opened, but now I am showing up at 2 pm, I even left early today. Get out more from regular concerts than fests. Felt the same way after Lolla this year
maroon barchetta
This is pretty great.
johnnyblaze36
AG
zgood10 said:

Snarky Puppy was great in San Antonio last night
Had no idea Snarky Puppy was in SA. I've posted in this thread before that I used to see them all the time at dive bars in Dallas where there would be more band members on stage than in the bar.

Michael League is a musical genius and I know him well. Love that dude and the full band is incredible.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Has anybody seen Janelle Monae? Just bought PIT tickets for Austin at the outdoor Moody venue for this Wednesday.

Heard great things about her live shows recently. And if anything, I'll just be there to stare at her, and hope she looks at me back. .
62strat
AG
I guess I wasn't paying much attention; I thought power trip was a festival, didn't realize it was just two big bands each night.

I can't say I ever remember something like that happening. A multi day 'concert' with just a few big headliners each night.
jorgerr96
Desert Trip in 2016 was basically the same thing but with bands like the Stones and Paul McCartney, then Live Nation did one in 2018? with Fleetwood Mac and Eagles, just cant remember the name, but it wasnt as big
maroon barchetta
Listening to KLOS this morning and the drive-time blab crew said that people weren't happy with the set list from Iron Maiden. Too many deep cuts I guess.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Way better than too many new songs.
eawagnon1
AG
2 GA tickets to Zach Bryan in snook. Pick up in houston area for Oct. 21st. $250 each obo
cajunaggie08
AG
Jim01 said:

Nice grab. So does anyone know if there will be an opener or are the Foos going on at 7:30
maroon barchetta
Know Your Enemy said:

Way better than too many new songs.

Is it though?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2023/empire-polo-club-indio-ca-5ba32b18.html
Jim01
AG
No idea. I've searched high and low and no mention of an opener anywhere. I am kind of hoping they bring someone off the ACL bill with them as a surprise.
One Louder
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Listening to KLOS this morning and the drive-time blab crew said that people weren't happy with the set list from Iron Maiden. Too many deep cuts I guess.

No Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name or Aces High.
One Louder
AG
Judas Priest way exceeded expectation for us. Rob is still an amazing singer.

AC/DC was fantastic as well, especially considering they hadn't performed together in 7 years. Brian had a little trouble but at his age with that scratchiness he injects into his singing, it's a miracle he was able to do any of it.

We skipped most of Tool's set on purpose. The band was hidden from view the whole time and no audience interaction except for Maynard telling the audience "you smell delicious" between two songs.

Metallica was just so high-energy and amazing. Loved loved loved the setlist and the stage presence and pyro.
62strat
AG
Quote:

We skipped most of Tool's set on purpose. The band was hidden from view the whole time and no audience interaction except for Maynard telling the audience "you smell delicious" between two songs.

lol.

I'm gonna defer to someone else for comments on this one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.