*** The Concert Thread ***

151,041 Views | 1944 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Iraq2xVeteran
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tickets to Depeche Mode on Wednesday in Houston

My have to bow out and dont want to do so
Another Doug
AG
62strat said:

Proposition Joe said:

Yeah I've already acknowledged they obviously moved a lot of records over the years, but I still say that most music fans couldn't name you a single song post 1994's trio of Cover Me, Far Behind, and You. Ditto terrestrial or satellite radio play.

And again, this is coming from someone who owned Happy Pills.
I totally agree.

Not sure that has any bearing on recognition/relevance today though. Just like with hootie and cracked rear view, 3EB, oasis, previously mention toadies, filter, gin blossom.. all names that many people of our generation haven't forgotten in the least. One big album can carry your name for decades, clearly.
s
Big Al 1992
AG
I'll be at The Sphere in a couple weeks - reports from friends that went opening night are the band is in top form (minus Larry), the sound is amazing, and the screens don't take away from the show they just enhance it exponentially.

Total sensory overload in a good way

spadilly
S

Amazing. I'd imagine some people will get motion sickness from this. Looks like Epcot's Soarin' Around the World except you're standing or sitting in your chair.
KidDoc
AG
spadilly said:

Amazing. I'd imagine some people will get motion sickness from this. Looks like Epcot's Soarin' Around the World except you're standing or sitting in your chair.
Holy smokes that looks amazing! I will make sure to catch someone there. Too busy with Powertrip this weekend for U2 who I'm very meh about.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
digging tunnels
AG
Thinking about seeing Depeche Mode on Weds. I'm a superficial fan only knowing their hits. Worth seeing them?
62strat
AG
digging tunnels said:

Thinking about seeing Depeche Mode on Weds. I'm a superficial fan only knowing their hits. Worth seeing them?
setlist appears as though they don't think they are a legacy act. Lot of songs from I'm guessing what are new albums, and plenty of classic hits they are leaving out (people are people, master/servant, shake the disease, blasphemous rumours, policy of truth)
jorgerr96
Crowd was very boring in Austin. barely had any energy until the last couple of songs (all hits)
johnnyblaze36
AG
digging tunnels said:

The Austin show was amazing but jorger is right, the crowd was pretty lame most of the show.

If they changed up the setlists I would have gone to Dallas on Sunday and to Houston on Wednesday. It's a shame they play the exact same show because their catologue is massive and there's so much else they could be playing.

I think you'll definitely have a good time if you go. They still crank out plenty of the hits and Martin and Dave still sound as good as ever.
Rudyjax
AG
Just got back from Ohana festival.

What an amazing weekend of music and good times.
LandArchSA
AG
Headed to ACL this weekend. Looking for non-headliner acts to keep on my viewing list. Missed a couple last year that I heard were good after the fact. Hoping to stay ahead of it this year.
StinkyPinky
AG
62strat said:

digging tunnels said:

setlist appears as though they don't think they are a legacy act. Lot of songs from I'm guessing what are new albums, and plenty of classic hits they are leaving out (people are people, master/servant, shake the disease, blasphemous rumours, policy of truth)
Promoting new album. I saw them about 4 years ago when they were touring it was all the classics/hits/deep cuts. Was amazing. Not interested in the new stuff that much.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
LandArchSA said:

Headed to ACL this weekend. Looking for non-headliner acts to keep on my viewing list. Missed a couple last year that I heard were good after the fact. Hoping to stay ahead of it this year.

What kind of music are you into?
thenational
AG
Dope Lemon
The Walkmen
Cigarettes after Sex
DeClan McKenna
Lil Yachty
Sudan Archives
M83
johnnyblaze36
AG
Rudyjax said:

I went last year for the first time on just Saturday. Mike Campbell & the Dirty Knobs>Billy Strings>Jack White>Eddie Vedder and the Earthlings. What a day and great scene for sure.

How was that cover of "Just Like Heaven" by Vedder? Hoping to find a recording of their set somewhere soon.
Rudyjax
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Rudyjax said:

I went last year for the first time on just Saturday. Mike Campbell & the Dirty Knobs>Billy Strings>Jack White>Eddie Vedder and the Earthlings. What a day and great scene for sure.

How was that cover of "Just Like Heaven" by Vedder? Hoping to find a recording of their set somewhere soon.
It was good. His voice sounded great. He's only singing songs in his "range" now. Andrew Watt, the producer, can play guitar.

Best part of the weekend, to me, was Sammy Hagar coming out with the Killers.

And this is from a huge Pearl Jam fan.
LandArchSA
AG
Really open to anything these days. My playlists run from Tool to Run the Jewels to Zach Bryan to Sepultura any given week. Pretty much all over the map, but always looking for something new to appreciate.
LandArchSA
AG
Thanks!
thenational
AG
No problem. I'm jealous. Really want to see Dope Lemon, love that band.
StinkyPinky
AG
LandArchSA said:

Really open to anything these days. My playlists run from Tool to Run the Jewels to Zach Bryan to Sepultura any given week. Pretty much all over the map, but always looking for something new to appreciate.
Ditto
Aggie87
AG
Caught the Foo Fighters in Phoenix last night. Amazing show, felt like the band didn't want to leave the stage. Josh Freese fits in well as the drummer. He's not Taylor Hawkins, but he clicks with the rest of the band.

90's alt/punk band the Breeders opened, and were pretty cool too.

StinkyPinky
AG
Aggie87 said:

Caught the Foo Fighters in Phoenix last night. Amazing show, felt like the band didn't want to leave the stage. Josh Freese fits in well as the drummer. He's not Taylor Hawkins, but he clicks with the rest of the band.

I've followed Josh Freese since the early 90s starting with NIN and The Vandals. Then Devo, then of course A Perfect Circle and The Replacements…. Huge chops, I think he's a more artistic drummer than Taylor (but not discrediting Taylor). Awesome to see live!

Breeders would have been cool too, huge Pixies fan so always pulling for Kim Deal
StinkyPinky
AG
thenational said:

No problem. I'm jealous. Really want to see Dope Lemon, love that band.

Just recently came across Dope Lemon and his early stuff under Angus Stone. Holy crap love it! Stoked when I find music I haven't heard with this magnitude of quality and skill.
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie87 said:

Good to hear. Very excited to see them in Houston next week.
spadilly
S
I'm curious if the FF Houston show will be the set list they've been running with lately or if it'll be a "one-off" show and they mix it up. Can't wait!
WES2006AG
AG
spadilly said:

I'm curious if the FF Houston show will be the set list they've been running with lately or if it'll be a "one-off" show and they mix it up. Can't wait!
Personally I hope they play a very similar set list to what they have been doing. Really hits all the high points.
62strat
AG
Calling all [very hardcore] Rush fans;
A Geddy Lee spoken word tour

https://www.rush.com/geddy-lee-my-effin-life-north-american-dates/

No southern or TX dates

Mon Nov 13 New York, NY Beacon Theatre
Wed Nov 15 Philadelphia, PA The Met Philadelphia
Fri Nov 17 National Harbor, MD The Theater at MGM National Harbor
Sat Nov 18 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre presented by Citizens
Sun Nov 19 Cleveland, OH State Theatre at Playhouse Square
Tue Nov 21 Montral, QC Thtre Maisonneuve
Thu Nov 23 Vancouver, BC The Centre in Vancouver
Fri Nov 24 Seattle, WA Moore Theatre
Sun Nov 26 San Francisco, CA The Masonic
Tue Nov 28 Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre
Thu Nov 30 Denver, CO Paramount Theatre
Sun Dec 03 Chicago, IL Auditorium Theatre
Mon Dec 04 Detroit, MI The Fillmore Detroit
Thu Dec 07 Toronto, ON Massey Hall

maroon barchetta
I'm not flying to another state to see him unless I get to hang with him and eat dinner and be his new best friend.
thenational
AG
For sure, they are awesome. From Australia, so not many listen here in US I guess.
StinkyPinky
AG
thenational said:

For sure, they are awesome. From Australia, so not many listen here in US I guess.

I see he's going to be in my town end of the month. $35. Freaking steal (and intimate venue). Definitely going
johnnyblaze36
AG
Not sure how but saw some dude just post this night 1 Pearl Jam from Minnesota airing one night only with full video and the sound from the sbd off nugs. Just started:

Know Your Enemy
AG
Not sure how? Watch the ****ing video. It explains how they did it right at the start. Lol.
Rudyjax
AG
Quick snipit of Ohana last weekend.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8MT968o/
johnnyblaze36
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Not sure how? Watch the ****ing video. It explains how they did it right at the start. Lol.
I watched it and it was confusing to me at the beginning. But then I realized it was a group of masterminds that go to various shows and pro shoot from all over the venue and then have some genius editor that syncs it all together perfectly to the soundboard recording.

I'm hoping they did the same for any of the four Texas dates I attended. Pearl Jam missed a real opportunity by not broadcasting those nine shows professionaly on demand but this certainly hit the spot.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Also I was just starting live when I posted that. By the "not sure how", I meant I don't know how this recording has surfaced and being broadcast live at this moment with 5 watchers but here you go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.