*** The Concert Thread ***

143,693 Views | 1849 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by DannyDuberstein
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time is running out is one of my (now) 7 year old's favorite songs. Knows all the words. He first heard it maybe 2 years ago. Full circle cause it was the first song I heard from muse, damn near exactly 18 years ago.

I remember first hearing them just a very short time before that UH/Cullen show. I heard them, immediately bought Absolution, then saw they were touring and bought 2 tickets.

I feel like it was all within about 4 weeks of the May 2005 show.

I always know when he connects instantly to a song, because within a few seconds he'll ask 'whats this song called' lol

But damn a tuesday night concert!

just checked my amazon order history, I bought OoS in May of 2005 (2 weeks after the show) and showbiz in July 2005 lol. Instantly hooked!
digging tunnels
AG
maroon barchetta said:

maroon barchetta said:

Why do both the Ticketmaster and Live Nation apps keep sending me to the UH Cullen Auditorium page when I try to see presale tickets?

Had to call UH ticket office.

You have to go to the "PROMOTIONS" page and enter the promo code. Nowhere does it tell you to do this. Not a very intuitive website.

Got a couple of tickets for Tommy Emmanuel. He's a master. Should be a good show.

What's the promo code??
maroon barchetta
digging tunnels said:

maroon barchetta said:

maroon barchetta said:

Why do both the Ticketmaster and Live Nation apps keep sending me to the UH Cullen Auditorium page when I try to see presale tickets?

Had to call UH ticket office.

You have to go to the "PROMOTIONS" page and enter the promo code. Nowhere does it tell you to do this. Not a very intuitive website.

Got a couple of tickets for Tommy Emmanuel. He's a master. Should be a good show.

What's the promo code??

OPENER
Counterpoint
AG
With the huge amount of great seats that are still available for the muse show at Toyota, I'm starting to see why Houston gets skipped sometimes!
jorgerr96

The Moody Center won a bunch of awards at Pollstar last week so no wonder LiveNation and C3 are booking tons of major tour stops there. I prefer the size of the Toyota Center in Houston but the Moody is definitely the one with the better staff out of Dickies, Toyota, American Airlines, and the decaying AT&T Center.
cajunaggie08
AG
Counterpoint said:

With the huge amount of great seats that are still available for the muse show at Toyota, I'm starting to see why Houston gets skipped sometimes!
Based on a previous post it looks like Denver is the same. I love Muse shows but I get why ticket sales aren't high. They havent had a radio hit in the states in over a decade and rock music is at an all time low for popularity. Then you add in the fact that cheap seats at Toyota Center suck and the good seats start at over $80 after fees you're going to struggle to get a sold-out show. Their last stop in Houston they moved everyone who had tickets in the upper decks down to the lower bowl so they still came back despite only playing to a half full arena a few years ago.
62strat
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Counterpoint said:

Based on a previous post it looks like Denver is the same. I love Muse shows but I get why ticket sales aren't high. They havent had a radio hit in the states in over a decade and rock music is at an all time low for popularity. Then you add in the fact that cheap seats at Toyota Center suck and the good seats start at over $80 after fees you're going to struggle to get a sold-out show. Their last stop in Houston they moved everyone who had tickets in the upper decks down to the lower bowl so they still came back despite only playing to a half full arena a few years ago.
rock ain't dead.
I saw aic/korn at ball arena a few years ago and slipknot /gojira just before that. Both seemed packed.

Then ghost and volbeat just last year, same thing. Then there's Tool.

Muse does have evanescence as opener. Again, kind of a 15+ year old hitter, but that album went diamond.
But, Muse is def. waaaay bigger in the UK.
cc10106
jorgerr96 said:

Was able to get pit for Weezer and Postal Service/Death Cab today. KISS announced their final Texas show in October but that's during the weekend I go to Orlando every fall. Interested to see if they change the setlist a bit for their "final" shows
I wish I had seen Postal Service/Death Cab added TX shows sooner. Presale prices are too steep for me besides GA so I'll try my luck tomorrow for the public sale or maybe just save up for a pit ticket. I saw Postal Service in 2013 for their 10th anniversary but not DCFC yet.
Echoes97
AG
Saw Steel Panther last night, always a blast!

Upcoming:

-Joan Osborne - Heights Theater 3/22
-Foreigner - Venetian Las Vegas 3/31
-Sting - Caesar's Palace Las Vegas 4/2
-Malford Milligan - Mucky Duck Houston 4/6
-Lukas Nelson & POTR - White Oak 4/19
-Molly Tuttle - Heights Theater 4/21
-Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Woodlands 4/26
-Gojira/Mastodon - 713 Music Hall 4/28
-Ian Moore - Heights Theater 5/11

Super stoked also for a 3 night run of All Them Witches at Antone's in Austin on June 1-3. Can't wait for that!

-Modest Mouse - Bayou Music Center 6/7
-Duran Duran - Woodlands 6/9
-Les Claypool - White Oak 6/16
-Pixies - Bayou Music Center 6/23
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
maroon barchetta
Ian Moore. Man, haven't heard him in a long time!
cajunaggie08
AG
62strat said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Counterpoint said:

rock ain't dead.
I saw aic/korn at ball arena a few years ago and slipknot /gojira just before that. Both seemed packed.

Then ghost and volbeat just last year, same thing. Then there's Tool.

Muse does have evanescence as opener. Again, kind of a 15+ year old hitter, but that album went diamond.
But, Muse is def. waaaay bigger in the UK.
All of those bands have way more dedicated fans in the states than Muse. I feel like Muse just started to make it big here then pivoted to creating poppy rock songs for twilight movies for a few years and then changed their sound to be a bit more electronic. I get that bands and musicians evolve their sound with time as their tastes change. Nothing about their newer stuff has landed the same way their first few albums did. Its all fine but nothing that I'm going to go run out and tell a friend to go listen to. That happens to most bands but Muse didnt build up enough of a US fan base before the shift and decline hence why they are now playing to half the sized crowds as Korn.

I wouldnt pin it on Evanescence either. They opened for Korn in the summer to a packed Woodlands show.
Jim01
AG
Turns out my kid is at camp for the Weezer TX dates

Postal Service is another D/FW and Austin only tour. Damn!
Proposition Joe
Foo kicking off another tour... going to be interesting if Houston venue rumors are true...
Echoes97
AG
Yeah man, he's still touring around a bunch. Saw him at Main Street Crossing a couple of months ago. The Heights Theater show will be full band, and he's still kicking ass at guitar. His voice is still very good, though he posted a while back on social media that he is going through a bout with Spasmodic Dysphonia. Sure as hell hope he can get over that because his full voice is something else. Still love seeing him any time I can though.
Echoes97
AG
What would those rumors be? MMP?
Proposition Joe
Echoes97 said:

What would those rumors be? MMP?

Much, much smaller.
gggmann
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ian Moore. Man, haven't heard him in a long time!

His 1st album has been sitting in my car's cd player for about the last 5-6 years. Occasionally I listen to it.
Another Doug
AG
My daughter and I are going to the Pixies too. Last time I saw frank black was at Rudder in 1994
johnnyblaze36
AG
maroon barchetta said:

That would be something to see.

Tommy is so good.
Ask and ye shall receive.

ETA: I was just watching a video of Billy with Molly Tuttle and then this popped up that was released yesterday. This is excellent:

Know Your Enemy
AG
Going to see Tony Levin's Stick Men tomorrow.

Counterpoint
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

I wouldnt pin it on Evanescence either. They opened for Korn in the summer to a packed Woodlands show.
Maybe everyone was just there for that super scary chick that opened for Ev/Korn at the Woodlands.

Counterpoint
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Counterpoint said:

I took a chance of them moving us down and got the cheapest seats I could find. They didn't move us down, but it was still a great show!
cajunaggie08
AG
Counterpoint said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Maybe everyone was just there for that super scary chick that opened for Ev/Korn at the Woodlands.

I still don't know what the hell that was
cajunaggie08
AG
Counterpoint said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Counterpoint said:

I took a chance of them moving us down and got the cheapest seats I could find. They didn't move us down, but it was still a great show!

It was actually a really good turnout last night. They must have had great last minute/walk up sales.

Sorry you didn't get upgraded. I would have done the same.
Counterpoint
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Counterpoint said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I still don't know what the hell that was
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Going to see Tony Levin's Stick Men tomorrow.

This show was incredible. All of the guys hung out afterwards signing autographs and taking pics. It was extra cool to meet Tony Levin. Dude is a legend. Any of you musician types like Echoes97 should check them out. Think they're heading to Austin/Houston now.
johnnyblaze36
AG
In an abrupt twist of fate, found out that my favorite band of all time, moe., is playing this Thursday at Hollywood Bowl Nashville the day before the Aggie game on Friday. Booked the trip immediately today. Never been to Nashville and this will mark show number 57.

Last night got a call for free tix to Widespread Panic at ACL Moody April 15 and 16 to kick off their six night run. Don't know what I've done to deserve all this but I'll take it.
maroon barchetta
How can there be a Hollywood Bowl in Nashville
johnnyblaze36
AG
maroon barchetta said:

How can there be a Hollywood Bowl in Nashville
lol. I typed Hollywood Bowl and meant Brooklyn Bowl. And I've seen moe. at Brooklyn Bowl Vegas Halloween 2014. So either way none of it makes sense.

I do have an extra if any Ag sees this that will be in Nashville for the tourney and wants to get their head blown off by a kick ass rock band. Both guitarists made Rolling Stone's "Top 20 Current Guitar Rock Gods" (16 years ago now).

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/entertainment-technology/197947-rolling-stone-top-20-new-guitar-gods.html

https://www.brooklynbowl.com/events/detail/moe-12737785

maroon barchetta
Ok.

How can there be a Brooklyn Bowl in Nashville?

Where is the Nashville Bowl?
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ok.

im
more surprised that a band he's seen twice a year for almost 30 years could have some shows scheduled that wasn't on his radar lol.
johnnyblaze36
AG
It gets even better. Just noticed Bob Weir and Wolf Bros are playing at the Ryman on Saturday so scored a pair to that too. moe. Thursday, Ags Friday (and hopefully Sat and Sun), and Weir Saturday. This could be shaping up to be one of the best weeks ever!
johnnyblaze36
AG
62strat said:

maroon barchetta said:

Ok.

im
more surprised that a band he's seen twice a year for almost 30 years could have some shows scheduled that wasn't on his radar lol.
lol. It's actually 56 times since 2000 but who's counting.

Looks like there are four Brooklyn Bowl venues. Brooklyn, Vegas, Nashville, and Philly that I was unaware of.
KidDoc
AG
Had a great time seeing the current Vixen lineup and Autograph on the cruise! They all played great. This is the Vixen lineup minus the drummer and add in Downtown Julie Brown. And me who has zero musical ability.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
That looks like a fun time!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.