**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,959 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you guys think this will run smoothly the first day or two?

Would be disappointing if it doesn't.
caleblyn
Did anybody jump on the special deal a couple months ago to sign up for D23 and then sign up for 3 years of D+ for like $4 per month?

The real question, how will this work on Tuesday? You download channel and then login with D23 account. I have no information telling me what to do. No voucher, no D+ id, no email. I did get charged for the 3 years.
CowtownAg06
AG
I did a confirmation email after I signed up. I assume it's the D23 login. Now I have to figure out how to add the app to my LG.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Yeah I have no idea how to make it appear on my TV. I hope DIsney+ is ready for my old man yells at cloud phone call on the 12th
Ferg
MuckRaker96 said:

Yeah I have no idea how to make it appear on my TV. I hope DIsney+ is ready for my old man yells at cloud phone call on the 12th
It still wasn't on my Roku Ultra this morning either.

I think Disney is keeping its powder dry until the last minute.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got my login ready to go but no app to download yet.

I've never really seen a streaming service launch before, so I assume the app will suddenly appear at the exact launch time on the Roku channels? Hope so.
Dro07
AG
Usually drops a day or two before and you sign in and there is a countdown to launch.
twilly
AG
Saw a blurb that says the launch won't be at midnight the 12th. Would be more like 9am eastern time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
According to a post on reddit, Disney will be blasting out the official instructions on Monday for downloading the app on each platform.
Grapesoda2525
Brian Earl Spilner said:

According to a post on reddit, Disney will be blasting out the official instructions on Monday for downloading the app on each platform.
Things have a way of working themselves out.

A few days ago, I was still wondering how I was going to watch this app. I have a samsung tv and no deal was announced yet. I don't want to watch this on my iPad or IPhone.

Bob Iger recently said on a business call that they've negotiated that Disney + will appear on both firestick and Samsung tv's.

The most likely scenario is Disney + will send everyone who signed up an email with their login credentials. The email will probably tell them when and where they can get the app and when it will officially launch.

My main concern would be traffic on the first day and whether the app works smoothly or crashes a bunch.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I don't have the tech to do this, but if you do, you can start watching DIsney+ right now.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/11/watch-disney-now-with-this-region-lock-workaround-for-android-xbox-one-users/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One more day!

What's everyone gonna watch first?

I'll definitely be watching episode 1 of The Mandalorian, and following that up with the Imagineering Story documentary. Gonna be a good night of tv.
The Collective
AG
The Mandalorian is probably all that I will have time to watch this week. Of course, I will need to review each episode before the kids can watch, so I will double up each week.
Dro07
AG
Mandalorian drops Tuesday and second episode comes out Friday right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep. Friday will be the regular drop day going forward.

(With the exception of the week TROS releases in theaters. Drops Wednesday 12/18 instead.)
Ferg
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/disney-announces-new-details-about-its-12-99-bundle-with-hulu-espn/

Article on the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu bundle.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I keep forgetting we will have every Simpsons episode available to us as of tomorrow.

Man, I'm finna go on a megabinge...
Fenrir
Will it include the ones that never air anymore like the new York City episode?
Gigem314
AG
Ferg said:

MuckRaker96 said:

It still wasn't on my Roku Ultra this morning either.

I think Disney is keeping its powder dry until the last minute.
The Collective
AG
Someone just say **** it and hit the push button on Disney + tonight.
Malachi Constant
AG
Nothing on the App Store.
ccaggie05
AG
So regarding the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle, my understanding is that if you already have a Hulu subscription you will get a credit to your account for $5.99, if you sign up for the bundle? I was wondering how it would work if you wanted the Hulu no commercials sub but still wanted the bundle.

Velvet Jones
AG
AgfromHOU
AG
The way I read it was that they'll credit you the $5.99 + tax if you have a separate Hulu account, as long as you use the same email address. You can then have whatever Hulu package you wish.

The $5.99 is set in stone, as it's the package with ads. You can still have the package without ads, or Live, or add ons, but you'll only be credited the $5.99.
Grapesoda2525
Supposedly launches in 9 hours and 20 minutes.

I'd guess they will keep everything totally under wraps until then.

I hope they're ready for the first day rush.
Ulrich
What if they aren't telling people when it will drop to build in a little bit of cushion as people don't download it until they find out about it. If so, it'll drop at 4 am so that it works its way across the US as people wake up.
Velvet Jones
AG
So, I doubt (unlike a certain semi-related AAA game coming in a few days) that there's a 90 gig patch associated with the app download.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Launches at midnight pst. I already have it set up on my tv, which is Roku based. Just waiting. They have the app listed on play store but you can't download it yet.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You were able to download it on roku?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Velvet Jones
AG
wangus12
AG
Where are you seeing it on Roku. Only thing that comes up is DisneyNow
wangus12
AG
MiniShrike said:

I need it. Need to get the game as well
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh damn!
exitone
AG
MiniShrike said:

Holy smokes that is so awesome!!!!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.