**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

71,792 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I figured we could use a running thread to keep track of everything that is coming out on Disney+.

The rundown:

Launches Nov 12, priced at $6.99, 4 simultaneous streams and free 4K included.

Bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu will cost $12.99.

The service will include most of the classic Disney animated movies, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and NatGeo. (Plus the entire Simpsons catalogue.)

Disney+ Original Series

Launch day:
  • The Mandalorian
  • One Day at Disney (Documentary series)
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum
  • High School Musical: The Series
  • Encore!
  • Forky Asks A Question
  • SparkShorts
  • Marvel's Hero Project

Year one:
  • The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Marvel's 616 (Documentary series)
  • Monsters at Work
  • Be Our Chef
  • Diary of a Female President
  • Rogue Trip

2021 (and beyond):
  • WandaVision
  • Loki
  • Marvel's What If?
  • Hawkeye
  • Cassian Andor series
  • Obi-Wan series

Disney+ Original Movies

Launch day:
  • Lady and the Tramp

Year one:
  • Noelle
  • Stargirl
  • Togo
  • The Phineas and Ferb Movie
  • Timmy Failure

Some good resources on all the announced releases.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plus-every-show-movie-original-series-available-to-stream-release-date-marvel-star-wars-pixar/

https://ww.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/cu6tne/d23_expo_disney_presentation_mega_thread/
texasaggie04
AG
I didn't realize it would also have all 30 seasons of the Simpsons. I might just watch that, I stopped paying attention about 20 years ago but I've heard some of the recent ones are pretty good again.
texasaggie04
AG
And here's a question. One package allows for an ESPN+ subscription. Does anybody know if that would give access to aggie baseball without a cable subscription? If so, I'm in for that for about four months a year...
emtes
AG
All in on this. Especially with kids at home.

Also with the entire Disney, Pixar, and Star-Wars, its a no brainer for me
Al Bula
AG
When do all Disney animated movies get released?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A good portion of them on day 1. After that I believe it'll be a staggered release, not sure. But, Iger has said they plan on streaming the entire catalogue eventually.
The Collective
AG
If they could procure The Office; it would have all I need.
CapCityAg89
AG
texasaggie04 said:

And here's a question. One package allows for an ESPN+ subscription. Does anybody know if that would give access to aggie baseball without a cable subscription? If so, I'm in for that for about four months a year...

Aggie baseball is SEC Network - "+" is the developed content. I think you'd still need a different subscription.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Also worth noting:

They said that their tv shows will release an episode per week, instead of the all at once Netflix type drop
Dro07
AG
Bring back the water cooler talks!
Dro07
AG
So question about the "channel" app... If you subscribe through Hulu it will be on the Hulu app or will you download the Disney+ app and sign in with your Hulu account? reason I ask is that I have fireTV and as of now Disney+ is not being released on Fire.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Also worth noting:

They said that their tv shows will release an episode per week, instead of the all at once Netflix type drop
This actually makes me happy. I get to enjoy The Mandalorian over the course of several months rather than binging it in 2 days and being done.
FincAg
AG
I don't know the technical aspects but I would guess Disney wants it to be a "channel" on the FireTv/Stick so it directly ties to your Amazon account. It makes it so much easier to sign up and no new bill, and also possibly keeps a user from sharing their login and password.

Since it's tied directly to your Amazon account and not a stand alone downloadable app like FXNow, there is no login, password, account to share.

To follow up: I would assume they get this squared away prior to Nov 12th.
The Collective
AG
Agreed. Gives time for reasonable discussion on here.
atm0812
AG
Shife said:

When do all Disney animated movies get released?

Does anyone have the answer to this question? I'd love a list of which movies will be on the app and which will still be "in the vault"
The Collective
AG
I don't think it will all be there day 1, but Bob Iger stated at a shareholder meeting back in March that Disney is doing away with their vault policy.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't care about ESPN+ but I have the Hulu and Spotify bundle. Is that no longer an option?
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Jim01
AG
Wondering how the Hulu bundle will be handled for existing Hulu customers.

I get my Hulu paid for because I have an unlimited Sprint plan. It would be nice to be able to just pay the difference, but I doubt that would happen.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

plan on streaming the entire catalogue eventually.
If Song of the South does not stream then it won't be their entire catalogue. And there are lots of animated movies from back in the 40s and 50s that I would love to see, either again or for the first time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Congrats on being the 1000th person to make this joke on the internet.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'm sorry, but where was I joking?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Song of the South thing.

But anything else will be there.
texasaggie04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I do quite wonder about some of the Simpsons episodes. Apparently "Stark Raving Dad" (the episode with Michael Jackson) is tough to find. Which is a shame, it's such a good episode.

Also, I think that the line "usually we just tape a bunch of cats together" has been removed from some instances of the "Radioactive Man" episode (where Milhouse plays Fallout Boy). I'm not 100% about that, but I swear I've seen reruns without the line, which I noticed because it's one of my favorite lines ever.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I'm not a fan of the classic network one-episode-per-week model. Let me f'n binge watch it if I want. It's clearly just a way for them to have less content but still keep viewers tuning in, I get it. But screw that. I want to be able to sit down and watch an episode, get caught up in the action, and immediately watch the next episode.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
If these bozos were consistent, they'd shut down their Splash Mountain ride, seeing how it references many of the Song of the South characters.
KidDoc
AG
My kids are grown so I'll be in it for the Marvel and Star Wars stuff. I expect I'll buy one to two months a year to binge stuff.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CowtownAg06
AG
I know we've asked about the animated but I wonder about live action. It's about time to introduce my kids to Mighty Ducks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They better be there.

I want to see those, and The Parent Trap. (Remake)
Belton Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

If these bozos were consistent, they'd shut down their Splash Mountain ride, seeing how it references many of the Song of the South characters.
Based on that ride my kids were really curious about that movie, so we broke down and streamed it online for them. It was a white knuckle experience, but we were relieved to see that when it was over our kids weren't donning Klan hoods and goose-stepping around the house. Turns out that when you do even the slightest bit of parenting, your kids can be exposed to a movie like that and still realize that American slavery was a bad thing.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Sounds like somebody didn't get the Fast Pass they wanted.
Snoopy03
AG
https://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/

Here is $69 off over 3 years.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

I'm not a fan of the classic network one-episode-per-week model. Let me f'n binge watch it if I want. It's clearly just a way for them to have less content but still keep viewers tuning in, I get it. But screw that. I want to be able to sit down and watch an episode, get caught up in the action, and immediately watch the next episode.
It makes discussion of the episodes on this board virtually impossible when the entire series is dumped all at once.
double aught
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I do quite wonder about some of the Simpsons episodes. Apparently "Stark Raving Dad" (the episode with Michael Jackson) is tough to find. Which is a shame, it's such a good episode.

Also, I think that the line "usually we just tape a bunch of cats together" has been removed from some instances of the "Radioactive Man" episode (where Milhouse plays Fallout Boy). I'm not 100% about that, but I swear I've seen reruns without the line, which I noticed because it's one of my favorite lines ever.
They've been on the FX app for quite some time. It claims to be every episode, but I think you're right about the MJ episode being missing.
Duncan Idaho
Lol. Like having a separate thread for every 2 or 3 episodes is too much to handle.

Oh wait
double aught
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

If it's that big of a deal to you, just wait until they're all released before you start watching.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.