**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,943 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Did you go with this one?

We did make it to that one. I felt like I was 8 years old again watching TGIF.
GreasenUSA
AG
Josepi said:

I'm not really into Marvel or Star Wars movies. I've seen several, and they are fine, but they don't really move the needle for me one way or the other.

Is Disney+ worth it without those things? Just from the hype, it seems like those and animated movies are a huge part of the content.

I also have 3 kids, but they love Netflix, and would probably freak out if I took that away. I don't really want to have both.
7 day free trial.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Josepi said:

I'm not really into Marvel or Star Wars movies. I've seen several, and they are fine, but they don't really move the needle for me one way or the other.

Is Disney+ worth it without those things? Just from the hype, it seems like those and animated movies are a huge part of the content.

I also have 3 kids, but they love Netflix, and would probably freak out if I took that away. I don't really want to have both.

They have all the DCOM movies on it as well, so that alone is hours and hours of content that they would be into.
Jack Klompus
AG
Boy Meets World wouldn't work for me
Ferg
Over 10 Million new signups since it launched yesterday.
twilly
AG
Ferg said:

Over 10 Million new signups since it launched yesterday.
Will be interesting to see how many of those were free 7 day'ers, and how many of those end up choosing to pay.
CFTXAG10
AG
They need to get the Disney Channel original movies on there if they haven't already. All of them.
aglaohfour
AG
My Lady and the Tramp obsessed 6 year-old couldn't wait to watch the live action version after school. I was expecting it to be awful, but it was actually adorable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Disney+ surpassed 10 million subscribers in its first day, the company announced today.

Disney's announcement comes after Apptopia reported that the Disney+ app has been downloaded more than 3.2 million times.
Great news for the mouse, but how does this math work out?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/13/20963172/disney-plus-subscribers-10-million-star-wars-marvel-pixar-launch
double aught
AG
https://entertainment.theonion.com/disney-plus-apologizes-for-apparently-being-all-that-so-1839810574?utm_content=Main&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=SF
Grapesoda2525
Are there anymore technical difficulties or have they been resolved?
Yoda
AG
Was hoping they'd have one I haven't seen in decades, "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

Wonder how they go about deciding what from the back catalog is included and what isn't?

RadAg14
AG
Smart Guy
Al Bula
AG
The 1994 animated Spider Man series in on Disney+ too! My mid 90s childhood is extremely pleased.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Disney+ surpassed 10 million subscribers in its first day, the company announced today.

Disney's announcement comes after Apptopia reported that the Disney+ app has been downloaded more than 3.2 million times.
Great news for the mouse, but how does this math work out?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/13/20963172/disney-plus-subscribers-10-million-star-wars-marvel-pixar-launch
You don't need an app to watch it on your computer, so that could account for some of it.
heddleston
AG
Also sounds like that's just iOS app downloads, so not counting Android devices, Rokus, that creepy dude down the street who still uses a Palm Pre, etc.
dave99ag
AG
heddleston said:

that creepy dude down the street who still uses a Palm Pre, etc.
The Pre was way ahead of its time. Glad to see at least one person still using it.
TheEyeGuy
AG
dave99ag said:

heddleston said:

that creepy dude down the street who still uses a Palm Pre, etc.
The Pre was way ahead of its time. Glad to see at least one person still using it.

I miss my treos. God I could text like a madman on those
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm watching The Parent Trap, and it is actually pretty amazing that this was made without CGI, and yet it doesn't look fake once. And the conversations between the twins flow perfectly.

You could show this to people and be utterly convinced Lindsay Lohan has a twin.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

You could show this to people and be utterly convinced Lindsay Lohan has a twin.
I could show people a moldy pile of cowflop with Mr Potato Head lips shoved into it and they're be utterly convinced Lindsey Lohan has a twin.
BowSowy
AG
Captain Disillusion
Post removed:
by user
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
What do they watch on it? Because all Disney will be off Netflix end of 2020 I believe
Satellite of Love
Agoodlittleag04 said:

My Lady and the Tramp obsessed 6 year-old couldn't wait to watch the live action version after school. I was expecting it to be awful, but it was actually adorable.

I gave it a big eye roll with the SJW theme mixed race couple update for the time period.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Netflix signs deal with Nickelodeon. Ya don't say? Wonder why. Interesting timing.
aglaohfour
AG
Meh, it's not a serious period piece so I didn't care about that. They also took out the racist Siamese cat song.
Fenrir
It's not for anything worthwhile sounds like. Give me Salute your shorts and Pete and Pete or give me death.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Netflix signs deal with Nickelodeon. Ya don't say? Wonder why. Interesting timing.

Good they need to get Avatar:TLA back on there
Fenrir
It's for new content so far...so yeah. No avatar for the time being.
Urban Ag
AG
Spilner gave me a tip on one of the SW threads and I already had it on my PC but got it loaded on Roku in a few minutes too.

It's fantastic. Awesome stream service.
texasaggie04
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Are there anymore technical difficulties or have they been resolved?

Your miles may vary. Working great for some, less for others. I've had nothing but trouble (Samsung TV app) so I'm just going to abandon it for a few days and let things get settled.
BenFiasco14
AG
No issues here on an Xbox One
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Satellite of Love
GD, the original Star Wars trilogy is the Lucas enhanced abortion edition. GD Hayden Christensen shows up in ghost form during the Ewok celebration in RotJ!!!! Can we get the original theatrical release without the added *****
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean the guy that played Anakin for 2 full movies, as opposed to the random dude who was Anakin for all of 20 seconds?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.