**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,952 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Disney + has this though, so I'll continue to subscribe.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Somethings I've seen that aren't on Disney+:

The old-timey Goofy "how-to" shorts. Was really looking forward to watching those again, the ones where the narrator is teaching Goofy how to play football, how to swim, etc. I thought they were hilarious at the time.

A Disney Halloween. The collection of the Disney halloween cartoons that ABC used to air back in the 80's and 90's.

Some of the Goofy how to's are on there. The swimming, fishing and Olympic Games are on there. Scroll through the "through the decades" section in the 40s. The Donald Duck ice hockey one is on there as well.
CowtownAg06
AG
Watched that one the other night.... i did t remember Keri Russell being on Boy Meets World but was happy to see her.
CowtownAg06
AG
Also, I know certain stuff isn't there day 1 due to existing deals (Mighty Ducks), but I assumed once something was on it was staying. I'm glad this looks like a simple contract issue and Home Alone will be back.

What was (and maybe still is) unclear is how often will things come and go long term. The biggest draw of Disney+ is the library. I don't t want to see that periodically diminished.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Sorry about home alone. My preschool toddler grandsons love it and would watch it almost daily. Just my my four year old granddaughter watches princess and frog several times a week. Littles love to watch the shows they like over and over.

This is not new. Back in the 80's when mine were tiny and we just had HBO and Showtime, they had me circle the days that certain movies would be on and if for some reason there was a glitch and it did not show then melt downs happened. For them it was Pete's dragon, Willie Wonka, Grease, a weird one where a guy escapes by riding a giant bubble gum bubble, I don't remember it's name, and Six Pack that starred Kenny Rogers. So my grandsons won't melt down, but they won't really understand no Home Alone at my house.
The Collective
AG
Super Fuzz? Great one!
AgfromHOU
AG
Sex Panther
AG
I'm dropping Disney+ next week and I'll try again by the time the first Marvel show drops. Hopefully by then they've got this figured out because on my PS4 at least, it's unwatchable.
tamusc
AG
Sex Panther said:

I'm dropping Disney+ next week and I'll try again by the time the first Marvel show drops. Hopefully by then they've got this figured out because on my PS4 at least, it's unwatchable.

Yeah, for as large as an install base as the PS4 has, you'd think it would be better supported when it comes to streaming services. However it consistently has the worst experience compared to Apple TV, Roku, and Xbox One no matter the app.
Humorous Username
AG
tamusc said:

Sex Panther said:

Yeah, for as large as an install base as the PS4 has, you'd think it would be better supported when it comes to streaming services. However it consistently has the worst experience compared to Apple TV, Roku, and Xbox One no matter the app.

Completely agree. Inevitably the stream gets delayed at least once per ANY viewing on my PS4.
agdaddy04
AG
Wouldn't that be on Sony and not the streaming service?
tamusc
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Wouldn't that be on Sony and not the streaming service?

Sony doesn't develop the streaming apps for their platform, but they also don't make it a friendly platform to develop non-gaming apps For.
investorAg83
AG
tamusc said:

Sex Panther said:

I completely disagree. Not counting PSVue which (understandably) was vastly superior on the PS4 vs other devices, everything else streams so much better on my PS4 than everything else. Our house has Roku, FireTV and Chromecast in addition to the PS4 and the PS4 works better than all of them.

My only complaint is that now that Vue is getting the axe they haven't enabled any live streaming services to it yet.
tamusc
AG
investorAg83 said:

tamusc said:

Sex Panther said:

I completely disagree. Not counting PSVue which (understandably) was vastly superior on the PS4 vs other devices, everything else streams so much better on my PS4 than everything else. Our house has Roku, FireTV and Chromecast in addition to the PS4 and the PS4 works better than all of them.

My only complaint is that now that Vue is getting the axe they haven't enabled any live streaming services to it yet.

Interesting. I have a PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, AppleTV 4K, built into Roku TV, and Chromecast Ultra in my home theater setup and the one that consistently has the worst version of a given streaming app is the PS4 Pro. I generally use the Apple TV or Xbox to stream as they usually have the best versions. PS Vue is the one exception, but I still never really used the PS4 for that because of buggy Harmony remote control support plus it'll be a moot point at the end of this month.

Disney+ has been pretty solid after the first week or so for me on the Apple TV and Xbox One.
TCTTS
AG
I've never had a single issue with my Apple TV (or Disney+ on Apple TV). I love the interface and I love the ease of use. It's so worth the $179 price tag, is literally one of best products I've ever owned, and I would urge anyone and everyone to buy one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just curious, what does it have over Roku that makes it worth it dropping 3X as much for one?
bonfarr
AG
I will continue to subscribe as long as they keep a steady stream of fresh new content whether a series like The Mandalorian or a movie like Togo. My kids loved Togo and were on the edge of their seats for most of the movie. Keep bringing that kind of stuff and I will subscribe. The Disney vault is kind of a novelty for me, I spent a few days watching Davy Crockett and Freaky Friday and others I watched as a kid but to be honest my kids (9 and 11) don't care for the old content.
TCTTS
AG
I've never used Roku, so I don't really know. But I'm a big Apple user, so beyond the sleek/clean/easy-to-use design, I love the ecosystem with my phone/computer. All my apps, music, photos, etc are synced across all devices, and it all seamlessly communicates. But I also love the 4K features, the HDR, etc. It's just top-of-the-line quality all around.
Legal Custodian
AG
One of the nicest features is the notification it sends to my phone asking if I want to continue typing in the search menu on it as opposed to using the controller. Saves time and I'm a lot less annoyed since it doesn't take me 5 minutes to type in a show/movie name.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Love that feature so much.
agdaddy04
AG
I use the remote app on my phone quite a bit instead of the regular remote.
lunchbox
Aladdin (the latest one) now on D+
mazag08
AG
I haven't checked around the internet, so shout me down if it's warranted, but has there been anything mentioning when Comcast might get the streaming app?

All I have right now is my PlayStation (don't own fire stick or Roku or anything.. we either stream from the smart tv apps, PlayStation, or Comcast), and I want my PlayStation back for the man cave but the wife wants Disney+.
aggietony2010
AG
mazag08 said:

I haven't checked around the internet, so shout me down if it's warranted, but has there been anything mentioning when Comcast might get the streaming app?

All I have right now is my PlayStation (don't own fire stick or Roku or anything.. we either stream from the smart tv apps, PlayStation, or Comcast), and I want my PlayStation back for the man cave but the wife wants Disney+.

If you use Android phones, $35 for a Chromecast will get you your PS4 back. If not, a Roku streaming stick or fire stick will get it done for under 50.
mazag08
AG
Thanks
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Excited to watch the Halloweentown movies on my flight tomorrow
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Ferg
The Lion King (Live Version) is now on Disney +
The Collective
AG
When are we getting a Zenon mini-series?
Satellite of Love
And it's not all that good. Songs are subpar, scenes are drawn out just to show off technology. OG has a better flow and chemistry. Queen Bea is awful.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Liquid Wrench
Verizon email today says I can go to unlimited data for $5 more a month and Disney+ is included.

Anyone on this package? I'm wondering if I can use it on all devices, or if it has to be on the Verizon device?
Fenrir
Anybody having issues connecting last couple of days? Can't seem to connect on any devices.
Urban Ag
AG
family watched Endgame last night for something to do

no issues at all

atm0812
AG
My 4 year old has been on a daily Robin Hood kick. Fortunately no issues for us.
FincAg
AG
I feel like Sword in the Stone is the natural progression. Mine is 4.5 and those two with Bambi, Fantasia, original Lion King, and Inside Out are on heavy rotation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.