**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,917 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So what's the benefit of pre-ordering this thing vs just waiting for it to come out? Doesn't look like there's a price break.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's no different than preordering anything, really.
hph6203
AG
It benefits Disney so they don't have all the people trying to subscribe all on the same day.
AgLiving06
Omg. Flight of the navigator is on day 1
maroon man
S
Just pre-ordered

double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's no different than preordering anything, really.
Well, it makes less sense than pre-ordering a physical product.
Pro Ag
AG
Belton Ag said:

So what's the benefit of pre-ordering this thing vs just waiting for it to come out? Doesn't look like there's a price break.

Creating FOMO. I'll pick it up when we decide to start watching The Mandalorian
The Collective
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Omg. Flight of the navigator is on day 1

CowtownAg06
AG
Not sure on the latest offer, but D23 one was roughly 30% off for three years.
The Collective
AG
Disney can cut a commercial, that's for sure.
The Collective
AG
https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-bans-netflix-ads-as-streamings-marketing-wars-intensify-11570199291

Quote:

Walt Disney Co. is banning advertising from Netflix Inc. across its entertainment TV networks, according to people familiar with the situation, a sign that the marketing wars over streaming-video are escalating as media giants battle each other for subscribers.
TennAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mighty Ducks 1-3
Sandlot
Blank Check
Camp Nowhere
Rookie of the Year
First Kid
Parent Trap

My childhood is complete.

I've gotta add Spacecamp to this list.
CowtownAg06
AG
Not sure if it was discussed elsewhere but here's the official Dis+ launch list.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/10/14/20913417/disney-plus-launch-lineup-marvel-star-wars-pixar-tv-shows-movies-simpsons-national-geographic

It's hard to complain when we're get so much stuff but I'm going to point out some disappointing omissions. Hopefully they will come later.

The Mighty Ducks Trilogy:
Yes I would watch all three. The cartoon is on there and there is talk of an original series so it seems likely that it will be there eventually. I think they may be available on HBO right now so maybe Disney needs that deal to end before they can show it.

Up:
My favorite Pixar movie. Almost every other Pixar movie is there.

MCU:
I think we knew that the MCU would be a slower release but it's very light to start. I think only 6/23.

Remember the Titans:
Edited: it is on the list.

dave99ag
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Up:
I was a bit surprised on that one too. Looks like it's currently airing on Starz, so maybe they have to wait for that one to expire.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Remember the Titans:

Also a head scratcher.
What do you mean? It's on the list.
The Collective
AG
There is so much on Disney + that I want to watch, I can't even pretend to care about omissions at this point.
Gigem314
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Up:
Gigem314
AG
CJS4715 said:

There is so much on Disney + that I want to watch, I can't even pretend to care about omissions at this point.
Yeah I'm actually really impressed with the rollout of the classic live-action films. I wasn't sure if they would have those included or not. Really cool they have most of them on there. Wish they had included The North Avenue Irregulars, and hope it wasn't left off due to religious concerns.

But I grew up on so many of those, so it's great to have them all in one place on high def...some of them are even hard to find on dvd these days.
CowtownAg06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Remember the Titans:

Also a head scratcher.
What do you mean? It's on the list.

My bad... I see it now....
For some reason I thought it came out in 01.
Quad Dog
AG
I was surprised there isn't more TV shows on there from before the 1980s such as The Wonderful World of Disney.
Something I'm not surprised is omitted is The Song of the South
Ferg
Quad Dog said:

I was surprised there isn't more TV shows on there from before the 1980s such as The Wonderful World of Disney.
Something I'm not surprised is omitted is The Song of the South
Did WW of Disney have original content for the show, or was it movies that were a few years older that it showed? So maybe some of the content that was shown on it, is actually on the movie list? Not sure, its been a long long time. I do remember seeing Davie Crockett King of the Wild Frontier on WW of Disney, and its on the movie list.
Al Bula
AG
I require that Disney+ provide me with Swamp Fox, Davy Crockett and The Black Cauldron.
Duncan Idaho
Shife said:

I require that Disney+ provide me with Swamp Fox, Davy Crockett and The Black Cauldron.

I think this could be a big hit today on a streaming platform
jbsj9698
AG
Unless I've missed something, it doesn't look like the old Mickey Mouse cartoons or Silly Symphonies are included. I really hope they will include those in the future if that is the case.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B3r1xD1gllb

So in for this.
Madmarttigan
AG
The most important question

Will darkwing duck, gargoyles, talespin, and chip and dale RR be on Disney +?
The Collective
AG
Yes to all
The Collective
AG
It looks like Even Stevens is on there, so a whole new generation can now be exposed to the pinnacle of Shia LaBeouf's career.
Fenrir
I'm a little surprised there hasn't been any discussion about the fact you can download titles for offline viewing. I remember some people doubted that in a previous thread.

That is going to make traveling with kids at least somewhat less unbearable...
Gigem314
AG
Fenrir said:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been any discussion about the fact you can download titles for offline viewing. I remember some people doubted that in a previous thread.

That is going to make traveling with kids at least somewhat less unbearable...
Wow first I've heard about that. Disney is seriously upping the game with this thing.
double aught
AG
To me, that's more of a bare minimum thing than upping the game. Yeah, it's good. But Netflix has had that feature for years. Disney not offering downloads would've been more of a story.
CowtownAg06
AG
I bet less than 20% of Netflix stuff is available for download. I think they've only had that feature for a few years.
YellowPot_97
AG
Will content always be available or will it come and go like netflicks?
dave99ag
AG
Since Disney is the original copyright owner, I'd hope it all stays. I think they're doing away with the Disney Vault now that Disney+ will be going live.
Al Bula
AG
dave99ag said:

I think they're doing away with the Disney Vault now that Disney+ will be going live.
Hope so. This dude needs out of the Vault.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.