**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,966 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, then. Seems weird. it showed up in the App store for me when I searched, no problem.
AgLiving06
TCTTS said:

An original Apple TV is 12 years old. You haven't upgraded in 12 years?

Ok..maybe not the original, but it's probably be 6-7 years.
tk for tu juan
You need a 4th generation or newer Apple TV to download the app, otherwise you could AirPlay it to the Apple TV from a phone or tablet
AgLiving06
that's the issue. Just googled mine and I have the 3rd edition.
Al Bula
AG
Watching Cars with my 2yr old son = precious
k20dub
AG
Shife said:

Careful. My 2 year old now has 50+ mini cars and can't go anywhere without them. I've seen every single Cars related show that exists at least 100 times. Even went as Lightning McQueen for Halloween.

Redstone
AG
Really? People are having "problems"? Just get a new model Apple TV if it's a challenge to load up an app. The tv should have it front and center, ready to take your credit card.

We've had no problems at all. In fact, we were early adopters of smart TVs and knew the ropes of tv apps - surely before a solid majority of posters / lurkers here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rokus are like 20 bucks.
CowtownAg06
AG
I have an LG from 2013 and while Netflix and Prime work, looks like Dis+ is not compatible. So Roku, Chromecast, or Firestick?
GT_Aggie2015
AG
k20dub said:

Shife said:

Careful. My 2 year old now has 50+ mini cars and can't go anywhere without them. I've seen every single Cars related show that exists at least 100 times. Even went as Lightning McQueen for Halloween.

At least it's Cars! My daughter has been watching Mickeys Twice Upon A Christmas non stop since Halloween.
k20dub
AG
exitone
AG
TCTTS said:

exitone said:

Kevin Feige Says You'll Need Disney+ To Understand Future Marvel Films
https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/11/08/kevin-feige-says-youll-need-disney-to-understand-future-marvel-films

So we all pretty much assumed this would be the case, but is it really smart to actually go on record as saying this. This seems like one of those things that should be left unsaid, and we all know its the case, but never say out loud. I would think this just opens the door for people to start to complain about how Disney is going to ruin the MCU by forcing people into a money grab by signing up for Disney+.

To be clear, I dont have a problem with this and actually love it. This helps build the world that I can watch all year around, sprinkling in kick a$$ theatrical releases a few times a year. Probably one of those things just better left unsaid though...

But up until now, over the past decade, how is that any different than "forcing" people to pay for movie tickets to stay up to date on the MCU?
In the end, its not. It's all free will and people paying for what they want to pay for. But people like to complain, and I can see someone throwing a fit.

All that said, I cruised through it a bit ago in more detail (after watching The Mandalorian and Ep 1 deleted scenes), and this is pretty nice. Lot of cool stuff out there. I think for this price, people are going to be quite happy.
InternetFan02
AG
Big decision: what profile pic to choose for wife and mother in law

me: chewie
Kids: marvel superheroes
Wife: the hot brunette princess (can't figure out the name)
Mother in law: the least fat fairy godmother I could find
exitone
AG
InternetFan02 said:

For me, it was Mr Chewbacca.
Belton Ag
AG
Mother in law: Thanos
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Vader for me (Though I wanted Obi-Wan)
wangus12
AG
Real question. Bets on the first price increase by Disney. I'll say early 2021
TCTTS
AG
YellowPot_97
AG
Anyone else watching through the Samsung TV app? The picture is so dark the Madalorian was hard to watch. And extremely quite, had to turn the volume up 3X normal. Watched through a chrome cast on the same tv, the picture and sound are perfect. The Samsung app is a fail.
The Collective
AG
Complete no go for me right now; error code 83
wangus12
AG
My exact life.

TCTTS
AG
c-jags
exitone said:

InternetFan02 said:

For me, it was Mr Chewbacca.

Agent P for me. It will never change.
Al Bula
AG
TCTTS said:

hph6203
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I have an LG from 2013 and while Netflix and Prime work, looks like Dis+ is not compatible. So Roku, Chromecast, or Firestick?

The answer is either Apple TV, Android TV or Roku. I prefer Apple TV, but the gap has narrowed since Roku started putting TV controls on their remotes.

Chromecast is a bad experience to me, I don't want to control my TV with my phone. Amazon has a history of blocking platforms from its box and I hate their layout.

Roku doesn't have much of a streaming platform so they're basically open to all platforms.

Android TV is solid, just not as well supported as Apple TV, because Chromecast is Google's main play in the space.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
exitone
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No, it's on Disney+, but only accessible on Life Day.
Daveintx
The imagineering episode one about Disney Land was great, but of course I'm a sucker for archived footage of stuff like that
The Collective
AG
We are in luck then, Life Day is Sunday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meant to watch this last night, but got sidetracked watching Simpsons.

Will be watching this tonight.
Post removed:
by user
aggietony2010
AG
My 4 year old was so excited to finally get to watch The Little Mermaid and watched it at 5am yesterday. Since then, we've watched Aladdin, some boy meets world, and some Disney shorts.

My 2 year old finally got to pick something this morning after the 4 year old went to school.

She picked The Little Mermaid again.
The Collective
AG
Did you go with this one?
exitone
AG
CJS4715 said:

We are in luck then, Life Day is Sunday.
Wow, it really snuck up on me this year. And I haven't bought the fireworks and ice cream yet. I guess its another midnight trip to Walgreens this year.
Josepi
AG
I'm not really into Marvel or Star Wars movies. I've seen several, and they are fine, but they don't really move the needle for me one way or the other.

Is Disney+ worth it without those things? Just from the hype, it seems like those and animated movies are a huge part of the content.

I also have 3 kids, but they love Netflix, and would probably freak out if I took that away. I don't really want to have both.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.