**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,949 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bingo
Fat Bib Fortuna
GiveEmHellBill said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

I'm not a fan of the classic network one-episode-per-week model. Let me f'n binge watch it if I want. It's clearly just a way for them to have less content but still keep viewers tuning in, I get it. But screw that. I want to be able to sit down and watch an episode, get caught up in the action, and immediately watch the next episode.
It makes discussion of the episodes on this board virtually impossible when the entire series is dumped all at once.

It also got me banned for 3 weeks for spoiling Stranger Things after it had been out for a month.
AustinAg2K
double aught said:

texasaggie04 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

But anything else will be there.

I do quite wonder about some of the Simpsons episodes. Apparently "Stark Raving Dad" (the episode with Michael Jackson) is tough to find. Which is a shame, it's such a good episode.

Also, I think that the line "usually we just tape a bunch of cats together" has been removed from some instances of the "Radioactive Man" episode (where Milhouse plays Fallout Boy). I'm not 100% about that, but I swear I've seen reruns without the line, which I noticed because it's one of my favorite lines ever.
They've been on the FX app for quite some time. It claims to be every episode, but I think you're right about the MJ episode being missing.
I watched the MJ episode on FXNow. However, it was before the latest documentary. Maybe they pulled it after that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Brian Earl Spilner said:

• Diary of a Female President

Is this a horror movie?
AustinAg2K
I've gotten tired of binge watching, and now prefer the week to week thing. I like to be able to talk about the shows during the week and not have to worry about spoilers. I also like having a little anticipation during the day knowing a new episode of Game of Thrones is coming out that night.
My Dad Earl
AG
Holding out hope that Daredevil will someday be continued on this platform.......
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

If these bozos were consistent, they'd shut down their Splash Mountain ride, seeing how it references many of the Song of the South characters.
Sounds like somebody didn't get the Fast Pass they wanted.
Oh no, I've ridden that ride many times. It is probably my favorite of all the "mountain" rides. My window for fast passes on my Thanksgiving trip opens late September, and I fully expect to get a FP for this one.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Belton Ag said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

If these bozos were consistent, they'd shut down their Splash Mountain ride, seeing how it references many of the Song of the South characters.
Based on that ride my kids were really curious about that movie, so we broke down and streamed it online for them. It was a white knuckle experience, but we were relieved to see that when it was over our kids weren't donning Klan hoods and goose-stepping around the house. Turns out that when you do even the slightest bit of parenting, your kids can be exposed to a movie like that and still realize that American slavery was a bad thing.
My memory of the movie does not include goose-stepping and Klan garbage. I don't recall racial slurs or even that the black characters were shown in anything but a positive light. But then, I was probably less than 10 years old last time I actually saw this movie.

I do know the movie is considered racist, but so what? Anyone ever seen Birth of a Nation? But that's just it - one can still watch Birth of a Nation, which presents the KKK as a "good guy" group.
Sex Panther
AG
My Dad Earl said:

Holding out hope that Daredevil will someday be continued on this platform.......

I'm pretty confident we haven't seen the last of Daredevil, however I can almost guarantee it will not be the Charlie Cox - Netflix version in any form or fashion
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
My Dad Earl
AG
Sex Panther said:

My Dad Earl said:

I'm pretty confident we haven't seen the last of Daredevil, however I can almost guarantee it will not be the Charlie Cox - Netflix version in any form or fashion
I'm with you, but I can only say I hope we're wrong. Poindexter was such a great villain and that storyline deserves to continue. And I thought Charlie Cox did an excellent job with the role.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Looks like I might get all I want from it for about $8-16.
CowtownAg06
AG
Snoopy03 said:

https://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/

Here is $69 off over 3 years.
Signed up for d23 so I could get this deal. It's a bit unclear, but there is a general level that is free for d23.
TexAgBolter
AG
And the rest of the world is aware of that deal now as the d23 website is currently being hammered.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Also worth noting:

They said that their tv shows will release an episode per week, instead of the all at once Netflix type drop
This actually makes me happy. I get to enjoy The Mandalorian over the course of several months rather than binging it in 2 days and being done.
This just means I have to figure out the month the last four episodes drop in and only subscribe then. Ala HBO/GoT for me.

It is how I will watch Picard as well.

Although I might end up keeping Disney+ and do the one month thing with Netflix. Amaxon Prime stays since I have to have shipping for the wife....
FTACO97
AG
I'm curious to know if it will have all the seasons of Phineas & Ferb....guilty pleasure of mine. I know they've announced a movie next year but haven't seen anything about the show. It's impossible to find all the seasons to buy.
King moto moto
AG
I signed up as a general d23 member this afternoon and just got the founder's circle code in my account.

Was anyone else charged 152.60 instead of the advertised 140.97?

CowtownAg06
AG
I haven't gotten my code yet, but the fine print does say taxes added where applicable. $140.94 x 1.0825 for Texas gets you to $152.60.
King moto moto
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I haven't gotten my code yet, but the fine print does say taxes added where applicable. $140.94 x 1.0825 for Texas gets you to $152.60.
Damn you government.

Thank you. I was rushing to complete the process before the site crashed again that I missed that.
CowtownAg06
AG
Also I never got an email, but signed into my account and the offer was now there. 152.60 for me as well. Heck of a deal.
The Collective
AG
Disney finds a way to print some cash flow right at quarter end. Nice.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Glad my tithing is going to good use.
Ferg
Just short of the church giving Disney plus an Imprimatur
Duncan Idaho
His reaction video to the rogue one trailer was one of the wholesomely awesome things I've seen
TCTTS
AG
Love this guy so much.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://attractionsmagazine.com/disney-plus-day-one-list/
atm0812
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Been looking for a detailed list like this for a while. I can officially schedule out when I'm introducing my boys to all the important tv & movies from my childhood.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mighty Ducks 1-3
Sandlot
Blank Check
Camp Nowhere
Rookie of the Year
First Kid
Parent Trap

My childhood is complete.
CowtownAg06
AG
I already signed up but.....

Now that I know Boy Meets World is on Dis+, I feel like I should pay them twice.
The Collective
AG
I see at least 50 hours of programming that I will be forcing my children to watch.
atm0812
AG
Similar list, but gotta add Heavyweights. That was a frequently watched movie in our house
ccaggie05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is this list legit? I thought I read somewhere that only 4 MCU films will be there on launch day with another 8 coming throughout the first year. This list basically lists them all.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Holy crap! There are movies here that are hard to find!

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
The Black Cauldron
The Black Hole
Candleshoe
Great Mouse Detective
Oliver & Company

Sure, most of these are family type films, but this lineup blows away Netlix for movies.

bearamedic99
AG
I missed the D23 offer but got the 3 years for $169 as a member of Disney movie rewards today.
TCTTS
AG

https://deadline.com/2019/09/disney-starts-taking-u-s-pre-orders-for-disney-ahead-of-november-debut-1202741550/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.