**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,957 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clever but embarrassing.

The Collective
AG
Glad I woke up at 5 to watch The Mandalorian. I didn't have time to poke around, so I didn't notice issues.
Average Joe
AG
I am not having connection issues, but I can't watch very many shows. Selecting most shows sends me to a blank title screen with just a background image for the show. No text, no menu, no play button. Just a picture.
The Collective
AG
Bob Iger visiting IT right now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Average Joe said:

I am not having connection issues, but I can't watch very many shows. Selecting most shows sends me to a blank title screen with just a background image for the show. No text, no menu, no play button. Just a picture.

I have the connection issues notice when I try to go to the home screen, and then what you described when I go to the originals page and select the Mandalorian.
hph6203
AG
Feel like discoverability is going to be an issue with this app as it's currently organized.
fav13andac1)c
AG
wangus12 said:

Was working perfectly last night.

As for not having TLJ, I could care less, but I did want Solo. I really enjoyed that film.

It's coming to D+ on July 9th.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't look too much at it before heading out, but I was wondering how I'd be able to filter out all the live-action movies, if I even can. Is there such a filter?

For example, no idea how I would find The Sandlot, as it wouldn't even be under the Disney umbrella. Unless I search for it.
Decay
AG
Watched a Forky short with my kid getting ready for school, and it's basically the cinema-quality animation and voice acting so he liked that. Then it crashed trying to watch another Toy Story video but it was pretty much time to go anyway.

I'm guessing they'll have a few days of connection issues. Good thing I'm too busy to binge anything now anyway!
hph6203
AG
Even things like the live action Jungle Book didn't pull up in the category I'd expect it to.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Can't get anything to play from my desktop. Hopefully, this is sorted out by this afternoon.
TripleSec
AG
This is why you don't outsource your IT to India. Period.
Grapesoda2525
I've been watching a movie for the last 30 minutes. I tried opening mandalorian just now and it worked.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Netflix CEO right now:
twilly
AG
This is like the toy that that everybody needs to have for Christmas...the initial surge in demand.

As a stockholder, seeing the demand spike like it has isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll be looking forward to the first day numbers and if it swings the share price higher (I think it will!)
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Netflix CEO right now:

Eh Netflix has plenty of its own stuff that makes it solid.
Grapesoda2525
wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Netflix CEO right now:

Eh Netflix has plenty of its own stuff that makes it solid.
I doubt Netflix suffers a mass exodus.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Netflix CEO right now:

I think that's probably the DCU boss. That's a platform that I think many have forgotten. Stargate Command is shutting down at the end of this year, shocker I know. Netflix's shift from straight licensing as a service to becoming a service and publisher/producer of content kind of prepared for things like this.

Obviously not everything that Netflix has done has done well or had mass appeal, but I don't think any streaming service producing its own shows is immune to this.
Flashdiaz
AG
Netflix will be just fine. If they need to, they can go more towards adult themed shows where Disney won't go

Teddy Perkins
AG
Grapesoda2525
Teddy Perkins said:

That sounds like bs to me. I just think they weren't ready.
bonfarr
AG
Bought a sub right after the Mandalorian trailer was played at halftime last night and.logged in this morning to watch and all I get is Mickey and Pluto Unable to Connect.

Grapesoda2525
Now I can't connect at all.

It's officially a **** show right now.
bbattbq01
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I didn't look too much at it before heading out, but I was wondering how I'd be able to filter out all the live-action movies, if I even can. Is there such a filter?

For example, no idea how I would find The Sandlot, as it wouldn't even be under the Disney umbrella. Unless I search for it.

Sandlot showed up under a couple categories when I scrolled through a few minutes ago. Classics and feel good sports movies.
Al Bula
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

do you also let Jimbo's coach speak make you mad?
DB Coach
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Isn't that exactly what they are saying in the tweet? Demand is much higher than their already high expectations.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I too was confused.
Al Bula
AG
HFS. The animated X-Men cartoon from the 90s is on there. I had forgotten about that one.
TripleSec
AG
Tell the Indian IT folks to spin up more servers instead of arguing with you on why they should troubleshoot it.
TripleSec
AG
DB Coach said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Isn't that exactly what they are saying in the tweet? Demand is much higher than their already high expectations.

To be fair, in a rollout like this, there should have been a plan to adjust for volume. It's almost a rollout 101 type of thing. No excuses to not be ready.

Fenrir
Definitely were not ready for the load on the servers but from what some people said about it when it wasn't overloaded sounds like the app may be a bit half baked yet.
amercer
AG
I'm not a corporate executive, and I'm not in the entertainment business, but why the **** wouldn't you prepare for success?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the executives promised the board huge numbers, so how is it that they are now surprised by huge numbers?
tk for tu juan
I am able to connect with the phone app
Bones08
AG
Got it working just long enough to re-watch the Endgame battle scene so I'm pretty satisfied.
lunchbox
Bones08 said:

Got it working just long enough to re-watch the Endgame battle scene so I'm pretty satisfied.
Ha - that's what I just did...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.