**** Disney+ Official Thread ****

74,951 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dave94
Post removed:
by user
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone rewatching some of those late 90's/early 2000's Disney channel shows? I've watched a couple So Weird and Even Stevens episodes. I feel like they still hold up pretty well, although that could be the nostalgia talking.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Quad Dog
AG
That sounds amazing. I recently read The Unauthorized Story of Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion: Second Edition and it was great.
The Collective
AG
I guided my kids into Even Stevens, and they were cracking up.
FTACO97
AG
Saxsoon said:

The Rock is producing a series similar to the imagineering story but it focuses on specific Disney parks rides. Between that and imagineering story I am so happy
I thought I had seen that was going to be a day 1 release..."A Day In the Life" or something like that? I'm eagerly anticipating that one.

The Imagineering show has been awesome so far.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So in on that.

Getting to see inside the Matterhorn on Imagineering Story was probably my favorite part of the entire first episode.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Sex Panther said:

Home Improvement is still absolutely hilarious. It holds up so well. Such a great, great show.
Dang it, yall got my hopes up That it was on the app...
Sex Panther
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Sex Panther said:

Home Improvement is still absolutely hilarious. It holds up so well. Such a great, great show.

It's on Hulu if you have that.

That brings up a good question though. Home Improvement was on ABC, and ABC is owned by Disney. I don't fully know how syndication works, and I know that's basically the goal of every sitcom... but are there old ABC shows on Disney+?

I could see them not having the brand new stuff, but that would be awesome if they could get the classics like Home Improvement and the old TGIF shows. I'd watch the hell out of Family Matters and Dinosaurs.
FTACO97
AG
FTACO97 said:

Saxsoon said:

The Rock is producing a series similar to the imagineering story but it focuses on specific Disney parks rides. Between that and imagineering story I am so happy
I thought I had seen that was going to be a day 1 release..."A Day In the Life" or something like that? I'm eagerly anticipating that one.

The Imagineering show has been awesome so far.
Ah, I have them mixed up. There is a series called One Day At Disney which will be about individual castmembers and will be 4-7 minutes each. That launches in December.

Dwayne Johnson is producing a show called Behind The Attraction and there's no release date yet, could be next summer.
investorAg83
AG
Sex Panther said:

cpsencik04 said:

Sex Panther said:

That brings up a good question though. Home Improvement was on ABC, and ABC is owned by Disney. I don't fully know how syndication works, and I know that's basically the goal of every sitcom... but are there old ABC shows on Disney+?

I could see them not having the brand new stuff, but that would be awesome if they could get the classics like Home Improvement and the old TGIF shows. I'd watch the hell out of Family Matters and Dinosaurs.

It's probably why there's a Hulu/espn plus/ Disney bundle.
Sex Panther
AG
Oh yeah, forgot about the Hulu bundle
CowtownAg06
AG
investorAg83 said:

Sex Panther said:

cpsencik04 said:

Sex Panther said:

It's probably why there's a Hulu/espn plus/ Disney bundle.

I'm guessing it has to do with who produced it, not where it airs. This is why Boy Meets World is on Dis+.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't realize Imagineering Story would be 6 hour-long episodes. That's a lotta content, I love it.

Hell, that'll probably end up being longer than The Mandalorian.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Ive watched the first 2, excellent. Cant wait for the next ones to come out....
texasaggie04
AG
The darn app won't even load on my tv now (Samsung TV app)... I've had nothing but bad luck so far, hope they hurry up and start patching things before the holidays.

EDIT: Good news, it's on. Bad news, a new error message I've not seen before.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I finally downloaded the app tonight when I realized I could download it in my firebox. App loads fine, can navigate fine gut when I click on something to watch I just get a spinning blue wheel.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Downloaded it on my ohkne and works just fine. Just dint want to watch these shows in my hone and the kids can't watch on my phone when I go to work.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
When do the Imagineering episodes drop? The first two have been great but I believe there is going to be 6 total
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Works great on my wifes and my Iphones, on the ipad and on the 3 Roku tv's we have loaded the app on...
hph6203
AG
All the new episodes release on Friday.
NC2001
AG
My son and I watched "Forky Asks a Question - What is a Friend?" last night, and we were laughing our asses off! Now my son walks around the house saying, "What? No! " all the time...
GrayMatter
AG
NC2001 said:

My son and I watched "Forky Asks a Question - What is a Friend?" last night, and we were laughing our asses off! Now my son walks around the house saying, "What? No! " all the time...
Yeah we thought it was hilarious too! It's a catchy phrase and I'm guessing Forky is the character that will keep the Toy Story universe going.
Urban Ag
AG
This app is outstanding. Downloaded Ep1 and 2 of the Mando and End Game, Sunday night before my Monday flights.

And on the Roku, it's as good or better than Netflix and way ahead of Hulu.

For $6.99/month. It's essentially free.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I like that they arent dropping whole seasons at once....but seems pretty stupid to not stagger different shows. Why do it all on the same day so the rest of the week has nothing...weird decision in my opinion
Dro07
AG
TGIF all over again!
Urban Ag
AG
cpsencik04 said:

I like that they arent dropping whole seasons at once....but seems pretty stupid to not stagger different shows. Why do it all on the same day so the rest of the week has nothing...weird decision in my opinion
I think it's just a strategy to build hype and train the customer base.

Friday night Disney download night. Builds anticipation and media buzz. Fox News, CNN, EW, etc will have weekly headlines on what's dropping Friday.

Look at it this way. I never know what is launching and when on Netflix unless I take the time to look it up. With Disney, you know all new content is hitting on Friday.

The Collective
AG
dromo07 said:

TGIF all over again!

Whatever happened to predictability
The milkman, the paperboy, the evening TV
texasaggie04
AG
NC2001 said:

How did you know that a new "episode" was released? I see nothing on the home page that would ever let me know that exists, even though I watched the one about money.
The Collective
AG
I don't see how the app is better than Netflix. I'm constantly having to search for new items. It also doesn't have a "continue watching" section. At this point I think the app leaves a lot to be desired, but I expect it will be much improved in 6 months.
israeliag
AG
CJS4715 said:

I don't see how the app is better than Netflix. I'm constantly having to search for new items. It also doesn't have a "continue watching" section. At this point I think the app leaves a lot to be desired, but I expect it will be much improved in 6 months.
Not storing your where you left off and letting you continue was a bit of a surprise to me when I paused a movie and came back to it the next day. Gotta imagine that's high on their backlog to implement.
Dro07
AG
weird mine has resumed just fine where I have left off. Even going from one tv to another or from a mobile device.
The Collective
AG
Mine resumes, but there isn't a category for things I've started. On Netflix if I start a show, it moves into "continue watching". I'd prefer that instead of moving things to my library / watchlist. Just a personal preference.
Dro07
AG
ah I gotcha. ya that makes perfect sense.
NC2001
AG
texasaggie04 said:

NC2001 said:

How did you know that a new "episode" was released? I see nothing on the home page that would ever let me know that exists, even though I watched the one about money.

I didn't know these were episodes to tell you the truth. We just saw it as we were scrolling around the animated shorts.
Dad
AG
Is anyone else having family issues with Disney+?

My wife and kids only want to watch Disney+ now and I am sick of it. I

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.